onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Blakeman

smithie

I couldn't go tonight so had to catch a bit of the commentary.

Tonight, Blakeman remarked not once but twice what a poor crowd it was. Anyone who knows anything about football knows crowds are lower for midweek matches (not least at clubs who haven't won for nearly 3 months). Which suggests he's either clueless or desperately trying to be antagonistic.

After a misplaced pass by Gibbons(?) in the dying seconds was met by a few grumbles in the Lorne St stand, he called those fans "dour" and told them to shut up.

Throw in his inane and idiotic questions in interviews and his all-round antipathy to Vale in general and I've got to ask - have we ever had a bigger pillock commentating on the Vale?

Advert

I couldn't go tonight so had to catch a bit of the commentary.

Tonight, Blakeman remarked not once but twice what a poor crowd it was. Anyone who knows anything about football knows crowds are lower for midweek matches (not least at clubs who haven't won for nearly 3 months). Which suggests he's either clueless or desperately trying to be antagonistic.

After a misplaced pass by Gibbons(?) in the dying seconds was met by a few grumbles in the Lorne St stand, he called those fans "dour" and told them to shut up.

Throw in his inane and idiotic questions in interviews and his all-round antipathy to Vale in general and I've got to ask - have we ever had a bigger pillock commentating on the Vale?

No....................................

Wonder if he will be there on Thursday night ?

He's horrendously bad. Full of himself yet so out of his depth it's untrue. The criticism he has of fans shows he's got zero knowledge of what it's like to be a football fan. When fans phone in with genuine concerns he plays the devils advocate role so poorly. He doesn't draw out opinions, he attempts to belittle and patronise, which would be fine if he was actually quite knowledgeable, but he just isn't. He blocked me a few years ago on twitter when I queried a post he'd made about Coventry's away following. He said there was no way there was as many empty seats as Vale had announced as the end was "packed". We hadn't even opened the full stand that day. I asked if he was questioning Vale's attendance and why they would do such a thing, as it's a serious accusation. He said I put words in his mouth, even though I quoted him word for word. He's just not very clever, basically.

The attendance was really low even taking into account it being a mid week game. Not really surprising though considering we are without a win in 2018 and are at our lowest league position for over 30 years.

To be honest, it was no worse than could be expected. Blakeman estimated there were 250 Exeter there tonight - does anyone have the official figure?

Guest Vale at home

To smithie . I Agree with every thing you say . about Blakeman . And he will Talk too Sjoke Fans . All time on P.G . On a Saturday night . After the Game . When vale have played ok . He will not say anything Good about vale .

Cheers...so for the second game in a row he's miles out with his estimate.

I don't know about fan-culture for other Valeites, but one ritual of mine is guesstimating the away attendance. After a while, it's not that hard to guess within a dozen or so. Sad maybe, but just an example of what a fan rather an observer does.

His matchday is so different to mine. Parking allocated upfront. No body-search at games. Free entry (fair enough). Free food and drink. Free programme.

His condescension to PAYING fans is really nauseating.

He's horrendously bad. Full of himself yet so out of his depth it's untrue. The criticism he has of fans shows he's got zero knowledge of what it's like to be a football fan. When fans phone in with genuine concerns he plays the devils advocate role so poorly. He doesn't draw out opinions, he attempts to belittle and patronise, which would be fine if he was actually quite knowledgeable, but he just isn't. He blocked me a few years ago on twitter when I queried a post he'd made about Coventry's away following. He said there was no way there was as many empty seats as Vale had announced as the end was "packed". We hadn't even opened the full stand that day. I asked if he was questioning Vale's attendance and why they would do such a thing, as it's a serious accusation. He said I put words in his mouth, even though I quoted him word for word. He's just not very clever, basically.

He's a bit like Robbie Savage....another who wants to be a "shock-jock" but doesn't have the intelligence to back himself up with any substance.

When you put Blakeman, that axse-licker Nigel Johnson and lapdog extraordinaire Graham McGarry together it's a pretty sorry tale for football reporting locally isn't it?

It’s the devils advocate point for me, he just jumps in immediately with the complete opposite view and it makes him unbearable.

Great example tonight:

“I don’t know why we took Worrall off” (star man by a mile)

Blakeman “but you took him off to bring on Harness”

Case closed

Cheers...so for the second game in a row he's miles out with his estimate.

I don't know about fan-culture for other Valeites, but one ritual of mine is guesstimating the away attendance. After a while, it's not that hard to guess within a dozen or so. Sad maybe, but just an example of what a fan rather an observer does.

His matchday is so different to mine. Parking allocated upfront. No body-search at games. Free entry (fair enough). Free food and drink. Free programme.

His condescension to PAYING fans is really nauseating.

I'm exactly the same with guessing away attendances. Agree completely. He's just not a natural football fan. It's just a job to him.

Archived