onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

What you're missing despite repeated posts pointing out the blatantly obvious, is that the squad simply isn't good enough. It's a fundamental part of football and a pattern repeated throughout every league at every level...if the squad isn't good enough, regardless of who the manager is, you'll fail.

What you're also missing is the ability to look at the bigger picture. Aspin has turned a poor squad with 5 points and 2nd from bottom, into a much harder team to beat, with a superior goal difference to all those around us, 7 points and 4 spaces clear of the bottom 2. All of which he has achieved with pretty much the same squad that got us into this mess in the first place.

He wasn't brought in to entertain (how can he with this squad?). He hasn't had any where near the level of support he was promised, in fact it was the opposite, the squad has got weaker. Yet, whilst we're not winning, we're grinding out draws and the valuable points that come with them. We'd have lost most of those draws in the past.

I also fail to see why anyone in their right mind would want Smurf to take action with 8 games left, bearing in mind his track record of making pathetic, embarrassingly bad decisions. Seriously, think before you post. What do you think would happen?

Anyone blaming Aspin at this point, knows zero about football. It really is that simple. Everything, and I mean every tiny little thing that's wrong with the club, can be traced back to Smurthwaite.

I agree with all you say but aspin does need to take some blame. If you havnt won in 13 matches then your part of problem as well. I'll let them off for last night as it was much better baring a horrible defensive error again. We all know the big issue, and that the players are nowhere near good enough, but I don't see what aspin has done to deserve so much praise of people when we havnt won this year.

Lets calm down with the Aspin out stuff ey?

We played well tonight. Should have beat Grimsby too.

Play like we did tonight against Chesterfield and Crewe and we'll be fine. Win them and we stay up. Its depressing but performances are, on the whole, not too bad at the present. We're missing our best player and only goalscorer and getting fairly unlucky, which balances itself out.

I accept his subbing of Worrall was baffling (injury?) but bar two unreal saves and a couple of goal line clearances, which is fairly rare at this level, Barnett's going home with the matchball.

Take a chill. Thursday's more important.

Totally agree with this Hagrid

People who want Aspin out must give their head a little shake(although we are all entitled to an opinion),i would love for them to name a manager they think would turn it around at this stage,work for a fruit loop and for the money he pays...lets see how long i wait

As for last night if it wasn't for their keeper etc we would of scored a few,i think they had the one shot and scored from it,howkins and smith were solid and the cheat Stockley who has 17 goals didn't get a sniff,as for Worrall,he was limping and at a corner signaled to the bench and then stayed back at the corner,he was then subbed.

I've been the first to criticise the both of them but I actually thought Tonge and Pugh played pretty decently last night, broke up the play and kept the ball moving, which is pretty much the limit of their capabilities. Gave the attacking 4 a bit of freedom and it nearly paid off.

If Wilson is back available for the next few games I think Barnett and Wilson is the way forward till Pope returns. I've quite liked Barnett all year and he showed last night what some decent crosses and players around him can do.

I've been the opposite re Barnett. Think he's been pretty much useless all season. However he did impress me last night looked much more interested and deserved a goal. I'd go him and Wilson as well

Honestly can't believe we lost that. Just one of those days but we could have done without it in our position. Tisdale will know they've pinched three points there.

If we play like that from now on we'll win 3 or 4 of our remaining games.

I reckon we need 5 points..now i am writing off the Wycombe game(a point would be cracking)..so if you think we have Chesterfield,Crewe,crawley,Lincoln,mansfield,carlisle and cambridge then surely those 5 points are achievable

Please anyone on here give Tom Pope stick when all we have up front is a pair of clueless tw##s that dunna give a fu##.The pair of them had the service tonight but could not hit a barn door. Utter tripe.

It's written in the stars for the POPE to make his comeback over Easter.....on as sub v chesterfield to score a last minute winner...you heard it here first

I don't care what anyone says Aspin has lost these players I honestly think the players absolutely hate him and it's damaging some of their careers and I think this is where the back stabbing comments have come from, some players have either voiced their concerns to the clubs hierarchy or there's been some sort of player meeting about the situation. A few of these players I have absolutely no doubt wud be better players under a different manager Whitfield, Worral, Harness, Smith, Gibbons, Raglan and the likes. Of course this is just me reading between the lines and my honest opinion.

Nah,its just you talking **** imo

How can Aspin not see that until he changes the CMs (albeit we havent got many maybe Worrall, Hannant & Harness?) that we will never win a game!

I'm sorry but people do not want to pay £22 to come and see Michael ******* Tongue playing 3 yard passes sideways. Toss!

Pugh and Tonge played centre mid when we beat Coventry and again when we put four past Luton.

Just to be pedantic, it was Kay and Tonge in the centre of midfield for those two games.

Pugh was at left back and Gunning was in the centre of defence.

But Kay is even slower than either of those two and we know Pugh is s*** at left back so how come we won those two games with a manager in charge who hasn't got a clue what he's doing???!!

Aspin isn’t a perfect manager, and his flaws (conservatism, too brutal honesty, experience over youth) are being magnified by a shambolic club.

That’s my view anyway. Give him a decent structure to work with and we’d see the positives: workrate, bargain gems, organisation

I think Aspin tells them how it is and i think thats better than telling them its ok lad theres always next week .

Have the week off from training but your in the team sat .

U dont have put it in because theres only one man and his dog watching you .

I cannot imagine Aspo telling them any of that .

I think if he isnt happy in what he sees he tells them then its upto the players to respond with good performance or sulk and put in another lousy performance .

Its a hard situation as we have lost 18 games out of 38 and this is what he as to work with .

He cannot sell them ,no one wants them ,he cannot show them the door because he doesnt trust the others so he puts his trust in them and keeps faith in them knowing that they are deep down really annoying him like us .

My heart goes out to Aspo ,what a massive job he as keeping Vale in the league and then trying convince folk that they should part with there money again for next season .

Its being a shocking season up to yet will it get worse or will it get better well 8 bleeding cup finals to go .

I hope these players dont let Aspin and the loyal Vale fans down who follow them everywhere ,i dont Vale is just a social event to me a chance catch up with pals have a drink then head to the wembley of the north and take all lifes frustrations out through getting behind Vale .

Bad times but it can only turn if players have bottle ,most of the goals conceded by us this season have being sunday league stuff .

I cannot recall other than forest Greens winner at forest green any belting goals going in v us most of them are players switching off (Smith very regularly yes he plays well for the rest of the game but them mistakes are very costly and i havent got time watch all the opposition goals but being quite a few free shots in our box where Smith has let someone either get in front of him to lay it off or being to slow react ).

My Opinion.

UTV

Archived