Sign in to follow this  
robf

Tosh RIP

I only met Tosh on a couple of occasions while watching the Vale training but it is always sad when one of our own disappears from this mortal coyle. RIP fella.

I met Tosh in 92 at Deepdale. He'd had a few in their supporters club before the game and enjoyed it so much he insisted on going back in after the game. We had won 5-2, so the Preston fans were not at all happy to see us, that didn't bother Tosh , we stopped in there till we were steaming. I think Bede and Santa have summed him up best for me, I had some great times with Tosh , one of the best. I love the Vale, but it will not be the same for me without Tosh.

RIP mate.

Funeral arrangements, taken from his son Craig:

Right then.... for the people and from what I gather there seems to be quite a few of you that had the pleasure of being a friend, former colleague, an accomplice on a vale away day or just knew him simply as me dad you are all welcome to join us in the celebration of his life and I emphasise on the celebration bit as sad of an event it's going to be he was known for his sense of humour and I hope that shines through on the day.

It will be held at Holy Trinity church Hamil road Burslem or best known as 'Father Brians' on Tuesday 10th April at 11.15. Then off to carmount side crem for a short service and then round to Port Vale (not Tommy Cheadles)

The family wishes that instead of flowers we will have a collection box to raise funds for the Douglas Macmillan hospice.

One last thing.. at the wake there will be a condolence book where we would like you to bring a photo of that one special memory you have of Tosh.

Myself and Bede visited Tosh a few times in Hospital in his last few days and he was very ill, but he reacted on a few occasions. So me being me sais Tosher when you come home I have saved all our Hospital Car-Park will be presented to you for full refund...........And swear with a wry smile he commented B******s......But on the serious side when my partner Freida passed away 19 months ago he and Val (his Wife) were very supportive, I will never forget that.....When I lived in Tenerife he and Val visited me a few times............I loved that Big man like a brother..........You RIP Tosh, you WILL be missed. Jimmy xx

I only met Tosh on a couple of occasions while watching the Vale training but it is always sad when one of our own disappears from this mortal coyle. RIP fella.

I first met Tony at Vale training sessions some years ago,a really nice bloke who will be greatly missed.

RIP Tosh.

I too got to know Tosh through OVF and after that during the protests. I saw him on and off but always had great banter with him on Facebook as we both shared the same daft sense of humour. He was a brilliant bloke who could always see humour in the worst situations. I will miss him as will a lot of others. Rest easy big man and, does anyone know when the DFS sale finishes? :-(

Re - iterate all that, one of the nicest blokes i have ever met with a great sense of humour. He was Vale through and through and he will be missed by all that knew him.

I will further comment that even though I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, my impression of him was he was robust and probably could handle himself.

Yet only seven years on he is gone....this shows us all I think how precarious and delicate life really is... so sad.

Right then.... for the people and from what I gather there seems to be quite a few of you that had the pleasure of being a friend, former colleague, an accomplice on a vale away day or just knew him simply as me dad you are all welcome to join us in the celebration of his life and I emphasise on the celebration bit as sad of an event it's going to be he was known for his sense of humour and I hope that shines through on the day.

It will be held at Holy Trinity church Hamil road Burslem or best known as 'Father Brians' on Tuesday 10th April at 11.15. Then off to carmount side crem for a short service and then round to Port Vale (not Tommy Cheadles)

The family wishes that instead of flowers we will have a collection box to raise funds for the Douglas Macmillan hospice.

One last thing.. at the wake there will be a condolence book where we would like you to bring a photo of that one special memory you have of Tosh.

Hope everything goes as well as can be expected on the day, he will be in my thoughts. £50 donation on the way to Dougie Mac in his name.

Rip fella x

First met Tosh properly when I went Bradford away few years back with Jimmy Mellor and Tisdeano. Had a great laugh all day and had a good days drinking. I think Tosh pulled the short straw in pushing Ant around in his chair up those massive steep banks around valley parade and he let us know about it.

Was a top man and so sad he’s gone so soon.

RIP Tosh

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well today April 10th will be a very SAD day as Myself and many more will be say our last farewells to Tony Deakin (Tosh) who passed away recently.....Tosh was a Fantastic bloke and friend and he will be sadly missed by all who knew him including his loving wife Val and all the Family, RIP Tosh......And on a personal note it would have been my late Mrs Freida's Birthday today........So rest in peace both of you.....Lots of LOVE and I will miss you both forever. xxx......Jimmy.

Tosh RIP had a good send off........Sad but at times very funny.......Val Tosh's wife made and said a Fantastic tribute to her much loved Husband a very Brave Lady it brought a few tears to most of us.......Loved you Big Man.........RIP Tosh..xxx

Tosh RIP had a good send off........Sad but at times very funny.......Val Tosh's wife made and said a Fantastic tribute to her much loved Husband a very Brave Lady it brought a few tears to most of us.......Loved you Big Man.........RIP Tosh..xxx
Spot on Jimmy. The eulogy was excellent and funny. Top man was Tosh!