onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tosh RIP

robf

Advert

Theres people who try to be funny, then theres people who are funny.

Tosh was a funny man. Theres loads of times he ripped into my posts on the other channel and I loved it.

He turned up on Bank Holidays in the past on open days and helped out on the stalls and donated prizes and made us laugh all day.

I remember him trying to get me call my building firm "Ed's Erections" with the slogan I'll stick it up for you.

RIP Tosh

What bloody awful news- this a genuine shock. I met him a few times & he was a really nice bloke.

I remember the time we had a OVF night out in Boslem. Jimmy had flown in from hie perm-tanning experiment and was, if memory serves staying with Tosh. Somehow Jimmy had got washing up liquid in his contact lens fluid and his eyes were bright red. Tosh was not so much sympathetic as he was relentlessly taking the ****! Brilliant.

RIP Tosh

This is utterly ****. I had a golden number of years in my life thus far which mainly revolved around Tosh & Val, Trace & Aney and Kirsty and I, with a whole group of internet based folk that became real good friends such as Caz & Phil, Loz & Mellor, Gav, Wickers, Woody, then latterly Jim & Freida, **** - so many. So many hysterical years of living life to the full and genuinely loving every minute.

It all started from a PM to me from Tosh after the pair of us practically hijacked OVF with utter stupidity and fun. We soon became very good friends and the webmong circle just grew and grew and shaped a big chunk of my life.

I’m sad to say I saw little of him over the last few years as after Kirst & I broke up, I kinda drifted away from that circle over a period of time. And that makes me sad.

Tosh was a brilliant bloke. So full of life and fun and, as said above he was the kind of bloke that was impossible to dislike.

Rest easy Captain

Steve, those were the days - the likes we may never see again.

My heartfelt condolences to Val and family.

The following is a personal tribute to a man I was pleased to call a mate...

Vale Anthony Deacon – aka Tosh

‘Tis nearly fifteen years since first I walked with you

Down the Nantwich Road when we were playing Crewe,

You were with the faithful from the Burslem Caravan -

I was there beside you on the website Onevalefan

Back then I didn’t know what others knew was true

That you were full of life and generous through and through,

But I was soon to learn that I would know the same

After you and ‘Uncle’ Bede shared your day at Meadow Lane

Like many other Valiants I’ll miss your generous smile

Plus our cyber chats of music – George Benson was your style,

And stories of the jollies when Port Vale play away -

Like weekends down in Bournemouth and Torquay by the Bay

Rest in Peace Bon’Ami

I met Tosh in 92 at Deepdale. He'd had a few in their supporters club before the game and enjoyed it so much he insisted on going back in after the game. We had won 5-2, so the Preston fans were not at all happy to see us, that didn't bother Tosh , we stopped in there till we were steaming. I think Bede and Santa have summed him up best for me, I had some great times with Tosh , one of the best. I love the Vale, but it will not be the same for me without Tosh.

RIP mate.

Funeral arrangements, taken from his son Craig:

Right then.... for the people and from what I gather there seems to be quite a few of you that had the pleasure of being a friend, former colleague, an accomplice on a vale away day or just knew him simply as me dad you are all welcome to join us in the celebration of his life and I emphasise on the celebration bit as sad of an event it's going to be he was known for his sense of humour and I hope that shines through on the day.

It will be held at Holy Trinity church Hamil road Burslem or best known as 'Father Brians' on Tuesday 10th April at 11.15. Then off to carmount side crem for a short service and then round to Port Vale (not Tommy Cheadles)

The family wishes that instead of flowers we will have a collection box to raise funds for the Douglas Macmillan hospice.

One last thing.. at the wake there will be a condolence book where we would like you to bring a photo of that one special memory you have of Tosh.

Myself and Bede visited Tosh a few times in Hospital in his last few days and he was very ill, but he reacted on a few occasions. So me being me sais Tosher when you come home I have saved all our Hospital Car-Park will be presented to you for full refund...........And swear with a wry smile he commented B******s......But on the serious side when my partner Freida passed away 19 months ago he and Val (his Wife) were very supportive, I will never forget that.....When I lived in Tenerife he and Val visited me a few times............I loved that Big man like a brother..........You RIP Tosh, you WILL be missed. Jimmy xx

I only met Tosh on a couple of occasions while watching the Vale training but it is always sad when one of our own disappears from this mortal coyle. RIP fella.

I first met Tony at Vale training sessions some years ago,a really nice bloke who will be greatly missed.

RIP Tosh.

I too got to know Tosh through OVF and after that during the protests. I saw him on and off but always had great banter with him on Facebook as we both shared the same daft sense of humour. He was a brilliant bloke who could always see humour in the worst situations. I will miss him as will a lot of others. Rest easy big man and, does anyone know when the DFS sale finishes? :-(

Re - iterate all that, one of the nicest blokes i have ever met with a great sense of humour. He was Vale through and through and he will be missed by all that knew him.

Funeral arrangements, taken from his son Craig:

Right then.... for the people and from what I gather there seems to be quite a few of you that had the pleasure of being a friend, former colleague, an accomplice on a vale away day or just knew him simply as me dad you are all welcome to join us in the celebration of his life and I emphasise on the celebration bit as sad of an event it's going to be he was known for his sense of humour and I hope that shines through on the day.

It will be held at Holy Trinity church Hamil road Burslem or best known as 'Father Brians' on Tuesday 10th April at 11.15. Then off to carmount side crem for a short service and then round to Port Vale (not Tommy Cheadles)

The family wishes that instead of flowers we will have a collection box to raise funds for the Douglas Macmillan hospice.

One last thing.. at the wake there will be a condolence book where we would like you to bring a photo of that one special memory you have of Tosh.

Hope everything goes as well as can be expected on the day, he will be in my thoughts. £50 donation on the way to Dougie Mac in his name.

Rip fella x

First met Tosh properly when I went Bradford away few years back with Jimmy Mellor and Tisdeano. Had a great laugh all day and had a good days drinking. I think Tosh pulled the short straw in pushing Ant around in his chair up those massive steep banks around valley parade and he let us know about it.

Was a top man and so sad he’s gone so soon.

RIP Tosh

Archived