Sign in to follow this  
robf

Tosh RIP

My apologies if (like me) you are having problems reading the thread about Tosh's sad passing.

A server issue is causing the thread to not appear properly for some users.

A great friend to OVF he passed away at the UHNS after a short illness.

If you would like to pay tribute or share a memory please do so on this new thread.

A really genuine and sound bloke. He enjoyed a good laugh and good company (although some of his jokes were bloody awful :smile:).

One thing I keep reading people say about him is that he was impossible not to get on with. That's spot on. Him, Aney and Pete T were all from the same mould.

Friendly bloke...spoke to him on the Coach at the Burnley FA Cup match which Jimmy organised. Remember we stopped at a pub on route. What I remember of him he was Stocky and well built. Not a nasty bloke but don't think anyone would have messed with him either

Lovely man, known him years. Always up for a laugh, really funny. Loved his family. Was so very sad to hear of his passing, RIP Tosh, you will be missed by many

This is utterly ****. I had a golden number of years in my life thus far which mainly revolved around Tosh & Val, Trace & Aney and Kirsty and I, with a whole group of internet based folk that became real good friends such as Caz & Phil, Loz & Mellor, Gav, Wickers, Woody, then latterly Jim & Freida, **** - so many. So many hysterical years of living life to the full and genuinely loving every minute.

It all started from a PM to me from Tosh after the pair of us practically hijacked OVF with utter stupidity and fun. We soon became very good friends and the webmong circle just grew and grew and shaped a big chunk of my life.

I’m sad to say I saw little of him over the last few years as after Kirst & I broke up, I kinda drifted away from that circle over a period of time. And that makes me sad.

Tosh was a brilliant bloke. So full of life and fun and, as said above he was the kind of bloke that was impossible to dislike.

Rest easy Captain

I too got to know Tosh through OVF and after that during the protests. I saw him on and off but always had great banter with him on Facebook as we both shared the same daft sense of humour. He was a brilliant bloke who could always see humour in the worst situations. I will miss him as will a lot of others. Rest easy big man and, does anyone know when the DFS sale finishes? :-(

RIP Tosh, brilliant fella and a truly lovely guy. A great sense of humour, from the first moment you met him you know that he could be a friend for life, he was warm, generous and had you in stitches from even the slightest thing. Such a sad loss. Condolences to his loved ones, very very sad news.

Theres people who try to be funny, then theres people who are funny.

Tosh was a funny man. Theres loads of times he ripped into my posts on the other channel and I loved it.

He turned up on Bank Holidays in the past on open days and helped out on the stalls and donated prizes and made us laugh all day.

I remember him trying to get me call my building firm "Ed's Erections" with the slogan I'll stick it up for you.

RIP Tosh

What bloody awful news- this a genuine shock. I met him a few times & he was a really nice bloke.

I remember the time we had a OVF night out in Boslem. Jimmy had flown in from hie perm-tanning experiment and was, if memory serves staying with Tosh. Somehow Jimmy had got washing up liquid in his contact lens fluid and his eyes were bright red. Tosh was not so much sympathetic as he was relentlessly taking the ****! Brilliant.

RIP Tosh

This is utterly ****. I had a golden number of years in my life thus far which mainly revolved around Tosh & Val, Trace & Aney and Kirsty and I, with a whole group of internet based folk that became real good friends such as Caz & Phil, Loz & Mellor, Gav, Wickers, Woody, then latterly Jim & Freida, **** - so many. So many hysterical years of living life to the full and genuinely loving every minute.

It all started from a PM to me from Tosh after the pair of us practically hijacked OVF with utter stupidity and fun. We soon became very good friends and the webmong circle just grew and grew and shaped a big chunk of my life.

I’m sad to say I saw little of him over the last few years as after Kirst & I broke up, I kinda drifted away from that circle over a period of time. And that makes me sad.

Tosh was a brilliant bloke. So full of life and fun and, as said above he was the kind of bloke that was impossible to dislike.

Rest easy Captain

Steve, those were the days - the likes we may never see again.

My heartfelt condolences to Val and family.

The following is a personal tribute to a man I was pleased to call a mate...

Vale Anthony Deacon – aka Tosh

‘Tis nearly fifteen years since first I walked with you

Down the Nantwich Road when we were playing Crewe,

You were with the faithful from the Burslem Caravan -

I was there beside you on the website Onevalefan

Back then I didn’t know what others knew was true

That you were full of life and generous through and through,

But I was soon to learn that I would know the same

After you and ‘Uncle’ Bede shared your day at Meadow Lane

Like many other Valiants I’ll miss your generous smile

Plus our cyber chats of music – George Benson was your style,

And stories of the jollies when Port Vale play away -

Like weekends down in Bournemouth and Torquay by the Bay

Rest in Peace Bon’Ami

Sad to hear the news about Tosh.Had a few fun times with him on Jimmy's away travel.Great sense of humour and Vale thorough and through.Another fantastic Valiant lost .RIP Tosh!!!