Sign in to follow this  
SourceOfTheTrent

Ken Dodd

Surprised no one's mentioned the passing of Ken Dodd. He last played the Vicky Hall on 16th December 2017. Must have been one of his last concerts, bet the car parks were open late that night!

Very much the end of an era, last of the old school light entertainers and the last link to the halcyon days of family holidays in Blackpool.

He said something once that really struck a chord with me, that he just wanted to make people happy (apart from the taxman, of course) and I thought what a wonderful approach to life that was. RIP owd Ken!

Surprised no one's mentioned the passing of Ken Dodd. He last played the Vicky Hall on 16th December 2017. Must have been one of his last concerts, bet the car parks were open late that night!

Very much the end of an era, last of the old school light entertainers and the last link to the halcyon days of family holidays in Blackpool.

He said something once that really struck a chord with me, that he just wanted to make people happy (apart from the taxman, of course) and I thought what a wonderful approach to life that was. RIP owd Ken!

Now he’s with with his dad’s dog

He can now have a chat with Bill Bell about biscuit tins and shoe boxes under the bed! RIP great comedian and entertainer. I had many hours of pleasure watching Doddy in Blackpool with my parents. No one quite like him left now sad to say.

A real character, and another one of those people who had Saturday night TV shows and was always on the telly (when there were three channels) who is no longer with us. Quite sad, but he made millions laugh, and that was his gift.

One of my favourite jokes of his was when he once said:

"I haven't spoken to my mother-in-law in 18 months - I don't like to interrupt her" Les Dawson would have been proud of that one. RIP Doddy, and don't worry - all the tax collectors are in hell....

RIP Doddy.Another part of my happy memories of Family Holidays in Blackpool gone!

Perhaps the Best Comedian this country has ever produced.

He represented one thing Happiness,Happiness!