onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Barnet v Port Vale

Fosse69

From watching on iFollow, I thought the team played well on Sat. Tonge should have lashed that penalty though. All the post mortems in the world won’t change it though. On to Tuesday and I would bite your hand off for a point. A win might just be enough to help save us. It will be a very difficult night in North London. UTV

Advert

"Lot more twists and turns and injury time goals. Look at the trainspotters with a 97th minute goal, we never seem to get late goals, time for a change of luck." (darren 1810)

Lack of late/injury time goals for us may well be down to the fact that we never seem to be in all-out attacking mode towards the end of games. Usually, we seem to be hanging on while the opposition attack us!!

We have a few niggling injuries Aspo says on the interview ive just watched but he is going give them every chance of playing if not then someones going have to step up and do there job .

Who is injured then Montano at a guess and who else ?

I presume you mean Gorm.

The most important part of the match is the final twenty minutes. We don't finish games strongly very often. Hence we are in this position. Everything comes back to the damage done to the squad in four successive transfer windows. Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

"Lot more twists and turns and injury time goals. Look at the trainspotters with a 97th minute goal, we never seem to get late goals, time for a change of luck." (darren 1810)

Lack of late/injury time goals for us may well be down to the fact that we never seem to be in all-out attacking mode towards the end of games. Usually, we seem to be hanging on while the opposition attack us!!

Still fascinates me why Aspin has gone so negative since Xmas.How can Joe Davis be better than Gibbons and everyone (except Aspin) that Tongue and Pugh together in midfield limits us going forward.At least with Pope out hopefully we won't resort back to hoofing it up field.At least he has seen the light and has bought Harness back.

Just put Whitfield on the other wing.

Barnet have to win. A draw is no use to them in their position. So they'll come at us, could be an open game. We'll either get stuffed 4-0 or catch them on the break and get a 1-0 win.

Sadly I'm not sure we have the pace anywhere in the team to catch teams on the break.

Still fascinates me why Aspin has gone so negative since Xmas.How can Joe Davis be better than Gibbons and everyone (except Aspin) that Tongue and Pugh together in midfield limits us going forward.At least with Pope out hopefully we won't resort back to hoofing it up field.At least he has seen the light and has bought Harness back.

Just put Whitfield on the other wing.

Having Pugh and Tonge in midfield does limit us going forward but surely thats where Worrall, Harness and Whitfield come into the equation!!!.

Pugh and Tonge come in for unnecessary stick on here as they both had good long careers.

I think they have to play as v Cheltenham as soon as Tonge went off we collapsed and in all the games ive seen he seems the only one who keeps the ball .

So id suggest they both play one half each yes it opens the door for Regis or someone else but you want a box to box midfielder with either or or .

It may give Vale another dynamism it may not but i believe when Regis come on at Newport thats when we looked a good side ,as ive never seen him play i have no idea if he is the business or not .

I think its a must not lose game for us but i also feel after not winning a game this year and you playing bottom of the league that there should be no excuses for a bad performance tonight it needs be a very good one and i think we should start with a 3 up front attacking intent a early goal for Vale is the way to go .

3 up front need to keep revolving i was going put Barnett in but thinking of it id go Harness Whitfield and Forrester or Worrall if forrester is injured ,it means we aint actually playing with a striker but the 3 should be pressing from the front and not letting Barnet out there half .

Easier said than done .

But done it must be ,if we lose tonight we drag ourselves in again in the mire .

Every player needs to be 120 per cent effort and then the extra quality of our players should see us win or at worst draw .

Those who are going can make a difference with there support .

As for me i will be watching the odds change on sporting life and hoping that it saying after 85 mins 150 to 1 for Barnet win asVale are beating them and beating them well .

Pugh and Tonge come in for unnecessary stick on here as they both had good long careers.

I think they have to play as v Cheltenham as soon as Tonge went off we collapsed and in all the games ive seen he seems the only one who keeps the ball.

So id suggest they both play one half each yes it opens the door for Regis or someone else but you want a box to box midfielder with either or or .

It may give Vale another dynamism it may not but i believe when Regis come on at Newport thats when we looked a good side ,as ive never seen him play i have no idea if he is the business or not.

To be fair mate their good long careers are irrelevant, on the whole they've been awful for us, & the sooner both are replaced, the better. As long as these players can just about keep us up, I'm happy for 80-90% of this squad to leave (although another total clear out is probably not the best idea after the last 2).

To be fair mate their good long careers are irrelevant, on the whole they've been awful for us, & the sooner both are replaced, the better. As long as these players can just about keep us up, I'm happy for 80-90% of this squad to leave (although another total clear out is probably not the best idea after the last 2).

I think a clear out is a given. Unfortunately thats the consequence of having 3 managers in less than 18 months, (with lots of panic buys too), but each manager will want his own squad.

Realistically look at the recent matchday 18 man squads, how many will be part of the matchday squads next season, either starting or on the bench? I'd say

Boot

Smith

Gibbons

Worrall

Pope

Hannant

Montano (but I'm not sure Aspin trusts him as a winger)

All the loans will go back.

I imagine we'll get an experienced keeper in at the expense of someone like Lainton.

Pugh, Tonge and Kay, I don't doubt their commitment, but realistically they are too old.

Will Aspin really want to keep Forrester, Barnett and Turner? (Maybe only Turner out of those 3 as hes got chance to develop). But we certainly need someone else up front, as we won't be able to continually rely on Pope.

Regis, Middleton and Reeves are nowhere near the squad either.

What about the young players like Walford, Calveley, Dennis and Kelly? Will they all get a new contract? History tells us that not all the young pros are kept on. Only 3 of 6 were last year (Gibbons, Reeves and Turner)

Its a huge job to get the squad numbers down and replace with some quality.

I think they have to play as v Cheltenham as soon as Tonge went off we collapsed and in all the games ive seen he seems the only one who keeps the ball .

It may give Vale another dynamism it may not but i believe when Regis come on at Newport thats when we looked a good side ,as ive never seen him play i have no idea if he is the business or not .

I think its a must not lose game for us but i also feel after not winning a game this year and you playing bottom of the league that there should be no excuses for a bad performance tonight it needs be a very good one and i think we should start with a 3 up front attacking intent a early goal for Vale is the way to go .

3 up front need to keep revolving i was going put Barnett in but thinking of it id go Harness Whitfield and Forrester or Worrall if forrester is injured ,it means we aint actually playing with a striker but the 3 should be pressing from the front and not letting Barnet out there half .

Easier said than done .

But done it must be ,if we lose tonight we drag ourselves in again in the mire .

Every player needs to be 120 per cent effort and then the extra quality of our players should see us win or at worst draw .

Those who are going can make a difference with there support .

As for me i will be watching the odds change on sporting life and hoping that it saying after 85 mins 150 to 1 for Barnet win asVale are beating them and beating them well .

Saw Regis play against Crewe and also when he came on against Newport and thought he looked decent. His attitude apparently is his downfall and why he hasn't been near the squad since he has been available. Sadly this seems to be holding him back and why he has never lasted long anywhere. Aspin will not tolerate anything less than full commitment from any player so I doubt he will ever put a 1st team shirt on.

Saw Regis play against Crewe and also when he came on against Newport and thought he looked decent. His attitude apparently is his downfall and why he hasn't been near the squad since he has been available. Sadly this seems to be holding him back and why he has never lasted long anywhere. Aspin will not tolerate anything less than full commitment from any player so I doubt he will ever put a 1st team shirt on.

I don't know what's going on now with Regis, but you do also have to question just why he is still at the Club if his attitude still stinks? Surely if the management team had no plans for him he would have been released (with a payoff if necessary)? Perhaps both him and Angus are being kept for next season?

Archived