onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crwho tickets??

wwindsor

That would make queuing like today longer while they check out tickets then decide who has priority resulting in total chaos.

IMO, if we were going to do it, the best way would be to bring out something like a 'SVA loyalty card'. Every time you buy an away ticket, they scan your card, the points are added, they give you your new balance on a receipt (like at Subway). If you buy online, you put your card reference in, & the points are added that way.

When it comes to releasing tickets, ST have first priority, then it goes to points. Example:

ST priority: 1st March

Points balance > 1,000: 8th March

Points balance > 500: 15th March

General Sale: 22nd March

Obviously it wouldn't have to be a week in between each release, & the points system could be altered to fit demand etc. You could even remove ST holders as a priority & just base all away sales on the loyalty card, but whichever way you do it, it's never going to be completely fair for all. The only issue with this is Vale rarely sell out, so something like this is probably only worthwhile 2/3 times a season max.

I haven't checked how other clubs do it, but it can't be far off of the above.

Advert

That would make queuing like today longer while they check out tickets then decide who has priority resulting in total chaos.
Clubs that run priority systems for away games usually start selling 6 weeks in advance then every week reduce the number of points required, takes priority over STs otherwise they would buy all the tickets, or STs in parts of the ground can be given a chance of tickets. Obviously varies on the popularity of the fixture, how long they have been in that league etc.

I went up this morning and was glad that the queue was only in the ticket office and not outside on the tarmac in the cold wintry conditions. The ticket issuers had to work from a work station checking season tickets from the data base. ( probably why only 2 windows were open ). All in all the wait wasn't too long, probably about 30 minutes and I started from the shop counter. For a small club its not too bad and this is the only fixture in our calendar that tickets need to be allocated and limited. I feel sorry for some fans who go to all or many of the away games who are not season ticket holders and will probably not get one. I remember a couple of seasons ago when we played Crewe away at the beginning of the season and I was abroad on holiday on the day the tickets were on sale. I spent 5 hours ringing before I eventually got through. The problem is there are several types of supporter to provide for e.g.

1. Season ticket holders:

2. Regular away supporters who are not season ticket holders

3. Supporters that only go to away games

4. Supporters who live out of the area and can't get up to the club to purchase.

5. Supporters at work who cannot get to the club during the day.

Its difficult I know how to please everyone when you have limited resources but like I said its only a game like this when its local and the tickets are in demand that some people are disappointed.

Clubs that run priority systems for away games usually start selling 6 weeks in advance then every week reduce the number of points required, takes priority over STs otherwise they would buy all the tickets, or STs in parts of the ground can be given a chance of tickets. Obviously varies on the popularity of the fixture, how long they have been in that league etc.

I am not sure on this but isn't it up to the home club ( Crewe ) who decides when the tickets are released for sale. They probably wanted to leave it as late as possible to give the Vale fans without a ticket less chance of getting into the home ends.

I went up this morning and was glad that the queue was only in the ticket office and not outside on the tarmac in the cold wintry conditions. The ticket issuers had to work from a work station checking season tickets from the data base. ( probably why only 2 windows were open ). All in all the wait wasn't too long, probably about 30 minutes and I started from the shop counter. For a small club its not too bad and this is the only fixture in our calendar that tickets need to be allocated and limited. I feel sorry for some fans who go to all or many of the away games who are not season ticket holders and will probably not get one. I remember a couple of seasons ago when we played Crewe away at the beginning of the season and I was abroad on holiday on the day the tickets were on sale. I spent 5 hours ringing before I eventually got through. The problem is there are several types of supporter to provide for e.g.

1. Season ticket holders:

2. Regular away supporters who are not season ticket holders

3. Supporters that only go to away games

4. Supporters who live out of the area and can't get up to the club to purchase.

5. Supporters at work who cannot get to the club during the day.

Its difficult I know how to please everyone when you have limited resources but like I said its only a game like this when its local and the tickets are in demand that some people are disappointed.

Good post but by the same token, the club know that the tickets would be in great demand so why not facilitate the supporter's better.And as for the small club mentality,there's not alot of clubs at our level and above that could sell nearly 2,500 tickets at the drop of a hat.

Look, anyone can be critical but why do it to our small ticket office for no reason. 57 calls on a phone at work ain’t commitment to the cause it’s stupidity! Social media is to do with everything nowadays as it’s the only media whereby people with nothing to say think that they have something everyone wants to hear!

Insufferable sanctimonious <ovf censored>.

people with nothing to say think that they have something everyone wants to hear!

The irony!

Good post but by the same token, the club know that the tickets would be in great demand so why not facilitate the supporter's better.And as for the small club mentality,there's not alot of clubs at our level and above that could sell nearly 2,500 tickets at the drop of a hat.

We just aren't geared up to able to sell a shedload of tickets for a big game, because the big games hardly ever come along at our level. The only chance we'll have of those games are a big cup draw or a local derby.

I am not sure on this but isn't it up to the home club ( Crewe ) who decides when the tickets are released for sale. They probably wanted to leave it as late as possible to give the Vale fans without a ticket less chance of getting into the home ends.
It may well be, but I was using Leicester as an example, I would expect the Prem and Championship to have a longer sale period to allow for loyalty/priority schemes. Obviously cup ties are a problem and usually it is only a few days between levels. Things are obviously easier when everything is computerised, online and with swipe cards.

It may well be, but I was using Leicester as an example, I would expect the Prem and Championship to have a longer sale period to allow for loyalty/priority schemes. Obviously cup ties are a problem and usually it is only a few days between levels. Things are obviously easier when everything is computerised, online and with swipe cards.

Not always the case. Sheffield Wednesday play at Leeds a week on Saturday. Tickets went on sale on Tuesday at 09:00 to season ticket holders with a certain number of loyalty points. The number of loyalty points needed was reduced at 14:00 on the same day. It was reduced again at 09:00 the next day and so on until season ticket holders without loyalty points can buy tomorrow and then they are general sale next Tuesday.

It can be done and before anyone says it's a once a season thing, this is exactly the right time to start a scheme to prioritise for the regular away supporter before the scramble for Solihull tickets next season!

Archived