onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread; Barnet v Port Vale

Fosse69

See borehamwood home game off tonight, frozen pitch. Weather not going to improve by Saturday so feel no chance our game will be on.

Barnet should have frost covers on whereas Borehamwood probably hav’nt, I think our game will be on as long as there isn’t much more snow in London.

Advert

I would have thought that Turner would have played a bigger part after a great start. What happened to him?

My side: Boot, Davis, Smith, Howkins,Gibbons, Tonge, Worrall, Montano, Hannant, Turner and Forrester. Formation 3-4-1-2. Get their defence turning with pace.

I really don't know where we go from here. We need wins but do we have an 11 capabale of it? Where has it gone so wrong?

Lets be honest the only players who are going to come out of this season with any credit are Pope, Hannant, Kay, Worrall and Gibbons - and even the latter two have dropped off recently.

I'm praying for a win on Saturday.

Lets be honest the only players who are going to come out of this season with any credit are Pope, Hannant, Kay, Worrall and Gibbons - and even the latter two have dropped off recently.

Maybe I'm completely off in saying this but I think the messing about of the team formation in general hasn't helped us at all and neither has it helped those last 2 players with positional changes too since the turn of the year, (given how they were linking up previously). You can also throw in players like Harness and Whitfield in to that as well, recently its almost like we've tried to shoehorn Hannant in to the side and thats been at the expense of the attacking players I think, almost like Aspin doesn't know what his best side is now around Pope.

Its strange that in the 3 home games previous to Newport, we didn't get going with those 2 players (Worrall and Gibbons) until they started to get forward more in the second half of those games. Almost like our tactics were to try and keep it tight first half and go at them more in the second. They've also both still been getting crosses in, but nothings come of them. Earlier in the season strikers were getting on the end of them, we just seem to have dried up. Personally I think we should start off games at a much higher tempo than we have recently.

Looking at the weather, the worst of it appears to be moving in on Thursday and Friday. If Barnet can keep the pitch clear of snow , Saturday is supposed to be better. However, it’s the approach roads etc that matter as well. Fingers crossed.

With those temperatures, throw some road salt on and there will be no problem! It melts ice down to -6.

With those temperatures, throw some road salt on and there will be no problem! It melts ice down to -6.

The problem is Danish we don't cope like countries where you reside.

A bit of snow and it's pure chaos and the country grinds to a halt.

Trains cancelled, airports shut, even no chicken at KFC :laugh:

The problem is Danish we don't cope like countries where you reside.

A bit of snow and it's pure chaos and the country grinds to a halt.

Trains cancelled, airports shut, even no chicken at KFC :laugh:

You would think so, wouldn't you :laugh:

All news channels have been on 'breaking' since Monday, because we've had 5 cm of snow, -5 degrees and storm. You would think the apocalypse was going on...

Relax, it's leterally a bit of snow and cold weather :wink:

Archived