onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our only hope Aspin gone

The only loss was Gunning and that can’t be to blame as he was a journey man at best, Aspin got rid of the players he didn’t feel up to it. He signed Raglan on loan and he has played 2 matches and dropped. Howe has a good reputation as a leader not played. What’s happened is that teams have realised stop Pope and Vale can’t score. I still believe we have quite a few players with ability that we should expect more from and indeed Aspin should be getting more from. My view is still that neither Brown or Aspin has got the best out of these players. For once I can’t blame Smurth because at our level Aspin has enough resources to make a much better job than he has in 2018. We are all back seat drivers as Vale fans and think we know best, that’s why we love football.

I differ,

Smurf is to blame , Aspin is tried for 20-30 players couldnt get any also probably wouldn't sanction gunnings signature, so we now end up with our 2nd highest scorer as a make shift left back adequately replacing Anderson or denton.aspin was told he could only sign u23 yr old and from the conference which i'm sure will be difficult as would they want to take a pay cut to come to vale like Askey macs manager wouldn't.

We only attract players who are cheap or free with loan players who are coming back from injury or youngsters not yet ready as they too will cost nowt and that's the theme - the budget is less in 2018 than end of 2017 which lies at the owners door.

Aspin did well up to december was promised backing then had the rug pulled from under him with loss of key players not replaced and no backing.

I keep hearing gunning wasn't this or that or a journey man , Anderson wouldn't be missed etc etc yet these players play in better teams than the vale and that issue lies at one persons door only

Advert

His team selections and substitutions are baffling all rolled in with the fact he has decided he's better off playing one crippled striker upfront front on his own instead putting a bit of trust in 1 or 2 of his other 5 strikers is staggering! What's the point in having any of them and how much must this be knocking their confidence? It's obvious that Aspin will never be a manager that can develop youngers and help them reach their potential and if he plays Pope Saturday he deserves the chop simple as.

His team selections and substitutions are baffling all rolled in with the fact he has decided he's better off playing one crippled striker upfront front on his own instead putting a bit of trust in 1 or 2 of his other 5 strikers is staggering! What's the point in having any of them and how much must this be knocking their confidence? It's obvious that Aspin will never be a manager that can develop youngers and help them reach their potential and if he plays Pope Saturday he deserves the chop simple as.

Saving your pennies for St. Marys on Saturday Micky?

Mockyferns your a clown.

He took the job based on he'd have the backing and he hasn't, I'll stand by what I've said for the past three seasons gorman needs to do one.

I agree he does and Aspo defo didn't get the backing he was promised but that doesn't change the fact that Aspin is clueless at the moment, a good manager gets the best out of players even gets them playing above themselves but every player out there is nowhere near doing themselves justice, they are demotivated and hating life under Aspo and he has no idea how to change that. Yes we needed strengthening but my major concern is we know there is individual bits of talent in our team but they will just not show it while he's in charge.

Yes Aspin seems to have fallen into the Baldrick Brown trap of trying to make us hard to beat but not score goals.

The midfield is static and don't get forward to support the forward (Tom Pope).They are busy protecting the back four who again with Davis at right back give us nothing going forward.

(He seems to always give the ball back to the opposition can't see what Aspin thinks he gives to the team).

Leaving Whitfield and Harness on the bench at home is again negative.

Could it be that Aspin is making out that the teams we are playing are world beaters and concentrating on their strengths rather than their weaknesses.

Apart from players who signed for higher up clubs, Aspin got the signings he wanted. Take Raglan, Aspin said great signing played one and a half games and dropped. Not Smurt fault that Aspin can’t pick a team.

Some aspects of the original posters view are correct but i saw what the team can do before xmas under Aspin when he was playing the team he wanted .

Now it looks like we are playing the team he wouldnt pick in a million years if he had the backing .

Its like playing with your feet tied together the hand Aspo has being dealt .

The players proved under Brownthey were not good enough .

When you read that on other threads folk aint going because they only feel Smith and Pope care then you can see what Aspo has to deal with on a daily ,weekly basis .

30 th choice players if u go to Home Bargains you get what you pay for ,we have Home bargain players and the so called better players in the last four home games have not covered themselves in glory .

In fact they have being very poor ,yet they must be amazing in training as i dont see what they offer the team other than another body on the pitch .

So us fans are suffering because of what we are witnessing .

Im sure Aspo doesnt tell the goalie kick it to a opposition forward or tells a highly rated centre half (stoke supposedly wanted him well take him then)leave a player unmarked head home or not react to a player heading a ball down .

Aspin can only do what he can with what hand he is dealt .

Gunnings a better centre half than Smith as is Anderson yet we have a 21 year old holding the defence together and i dont even rate him .

Thats my only gripe withAspin and his continual leaving T Pope on the pitch when he clearly cannot do his job well ashe is injured .

Anyone considered that some of the useless bunch who masquerade as Port Vale players have been told they have no job at the end of the season?

I doubt they can be motivated to even pull the shirt on let alone play so probably the geriatric midfield are the only professional ones among them. Oh and Pope.

I agree he does and Aspo defo didn't get the backing he was promised but that doesn't change the fact that Aspin is clueless at the moment, a good manager gets the best out of players even gets them playing above themselves but every player out there is nowhere near doing themselves justice, they are demotivated and hating life under Aspo and he has no idea how to change that. Yes we needed strengthening but my major concern is we know there is individual bits of talent in our team but they will just not show it while he's in charge.

And who do you think would come in to work with our clown of an owner and not very good players?

Brian effing Horton... Do me a favour.

You do not change management with so few games left , I realise we are sinking like a brick but we are not that desperate.

As we are we are going out with a whimper why not at least have a go? Sometimes u get an instant reaction from players when a new manager comes we see it time and time again and that may be just enough keep us in the league, I'd prefer have a go and go down rather than just accepting our fate....

Not accepting our fate Micky at all. I accept we are shocking but we still have a cushion despite 8 or 9 without a win.

Horton is out of work because the Southend team he was involved with were at the wrong end of the table.

Also he has been a number 2 for years.

You make some good points and Aspin has made some bizarre and inconsistent changes to personnel recently but changing the manager now would in my opinion be the final nail in the coffin.

We can all argue till the cows come home. I for one am baffled at Jules, Wilson, Howe, Raglan etc all seem bizarre situations . There are counter arguments that Smurf forced his hand or the alternative is we yet again had a panic / scattergun approach to signings.

The time to reflect and any recriminations are at 4-50 pm after Cambridge.

Until then we all need to sing from the same hymn sheet and pray that our club can stay up by hook or by crook.

Archived