onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leicester v Stoke on TV - Sky One

Pheonix Vale

Advert

Well Campbell was awful when he came on! His first touch was abysmal and he looked short of pace, just ambled round. How Charlie Adam wasn’t sent off I’ll never know; dangerous studs to the thigh, the foul not given just outside the area and then the offence he was finally carded for. All three were at least a yellow!

The Mrs (Stokie) was well brassed off - we were out when the game started and she had recorded it to watch it 'as live' later. Only she hadn't as she selected the pre match build up programme from the planner instead thinking it was the match coverage. Oops. I told her she hadn't missed much. :smile:

Well Campbell was awful when he came on! His first touch was abysmal and he looked short of pace, just ambled round. How Charlie Adam wasn’t sent off I’ll never know; dangerous studs to the thigh, the foul not given just outside the area and then the offence he was finally carded for. All three were at least a yellow!

Fat Charlie was sweating like an inmate on death row and he'd only been on a few minutes. Funny as heck, blagging a living as a premier League player.

Well Campbell was awful when he came on! His first touch was abysmal and he looked short of pace, just ambled round.

We've seen it here with some of the recent loans who've come in from a higher level teams u23 squad and they've struggled to make an impression at league two. Doing it in the premier league is even more difficult.

We've seen it here with some of the recent loans who've come in from a higher level teams u23 squad and they've struggled to make an impression at league two. Doing it in the premier league is even more difficult.

My best mate is a diehard Lardie and went to some of the Tin Pot cup games at Bury and Morecambe. He said 75% of the Stoke team were like little boys lost even against lowly opponents.

Probable explanation for why the likes of Sam Hart and Donovan Wilson have done very little at Vale.

Men versus boys, under 23 football is a different game altogether

My best mate is a diehard Lardie and went to some of the Tin Pot cup games at Bury and Morecambe. He said 75% of the Stoke team were like little boys lost even against lowly opponents.

Probable explanation for why the likes of Sam Hart and Donovan Wilson have done very little at Vale.

Men versus boys, under 23 football is a different game altogether

It just shows that it makes the emergence of our own players like Smith and Gibbons especially all the more impressive. Some fans have been quick to jump on the back of our own young players whilst getting excited about reserve players coming from bigger teams.

But making an impact in league football is not easy and those 2 have come in and have not looked out of place. Thats why those players will get interest from other clubs.

I treat all those signing announcements of young lads from a higher level with a pinch of salt. Just because they were coming in from bigger teams doesn't mean much. I've seen enough reserves, u18 and u23 football to know its a totally different animal to league football, it just shows those lads coming in were actually not that much better than our own.

Honestly I think we can send back some of our loans now and be no worse off.

i agree PV1973, and i hate to name individuals, ( again only my opinion) , but Howkins looked like a new born foal when the ball was on the floor, yet he is from a Premier League club. Someone commented he was good in the air, well i'd hope at 6 foot 4 he blooming well was.

Howe is a permanent signing with over 50 games in basically division 5 yet can't get a sniff.

i agree PV1973, and i hate to name individuals, ( again only my opinion) , but Howkins looked like a new born foal when the ball was on the floor, yet he is from a Premier League club. Someone commented he was good in the air, well i'd hope at 6 foot 4 he blooming well was.

Howe is a permanent signing with over 50 games in basically division 5 yet can't get a sniff.

Howkins start at Swindon was terrible, but he got better as the game went on and looked a bit more steady this week too. You mentioned Wilson earlier, has he shown that hes any better than Dan Turner? I'd say not.

Archived