onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Window to end early

JohnJames

Advert

As I see it, it is not the date of the window that is the problem but more so the actual window itself. Could anyone tell me what purpose it serves ? To me it’s just a complete nonsense which has no attributes whatsoever. But I’ve only been watching the game for 55 years so what do I know ?

It means teams can plan and not have the rug taken from under them. Imagine a few games down the line and we are dragged back into the relegation mire and then someone wants to sign smith and Pope.

It’s also fairer. It tries to help avoid silly money being thrown at trying to avoid relegation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It means teams can plan and not have the rug taken from under them. Imagine a few games down the line and we are dragged back into the relegation mire and then someone wants to sign smith and Pope.

It’s also fairer. It tries to help avoid silly money being thrown at trying to avoid relegation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Look at us now. On the crest of a slump, injuries reducing what is already a poor squad and Aspin can do Bo Diddly. You may well say that the manager has two windows to sign players, but who can predict what the future holds with injuries, loss of form etc. All the summer window does is to encourage managers to sign loads of players to cover all eventualities, most of which may not even occur. So, in my view, the window encourages over spending and then ties the managers hands when trying to address problems that invariably occur. Usually out of the blue, much akin to the Gunning & especially Anderson scenario’s

I miss the days when teams could sign players all through the season but that isn't conducive to "exciting" deadline day programmes on Sky.

Because of the massive money issue we have in football (& how clubs today would almost definitely try to disrupt other teams during the season by throwing speculation over important players), the windows are probably needed, however I definitely agree about the excitement around them.

I enjoyed our thrashing at Cheltenham more than any of the past few deadlines. It's probably exciting for the casual top 6 supporter, obsessing over the ridiculous amounts of money their team has thrown at overrated players, but IMO for the rest, it's pretty dull (or even upsetting if you're a Vale fan).

Look at us now. On the crest of a slump, injuries reducing what is already a poor squad and Aspin can do Bo Diddly. You may well say that the manager has two windows to sign players, but who can predict what the future holds with injuries, loss of form etc. All the summer window does is to encourage managers to sign loads of players to cover all eventualities, most of which may not even occur. So, in my view, the window encourages over spending and then ties the managers hands when trying to address problems that invariably occur. Usually out of the blue, much akin to the Gunning & especially Anderson scenario’s

To be fair, you even get that at some Prem clubs.

Look at C Palace for instance. As they've changed managers more times than anyone can count (they are currently on their 10th in 4 and a half years :ohmy:) any long term planing, goes down the toilet. And there should be a rule, against how they are going about it! But that's a whole different topic :yes:

I know their economy is totally different to ours, but all of them have inherited squads, they have to do with for a designated amount of time.

Even though it does encourage over spending in the winter, in my opinion.

Sacking the manager is the easy solution. But statistically, it's been proven it doesn't work over time.

Archived