onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

16 hours ago, For Us All said:

Perhaps this is one for Barry?

Under the terms of the free trade agreement being negotiated between Australia and the European Union, Australian producers may lose the right to name their products using terms the EU wants protected under a “geographical indictions” clause.

Copied and pasted from the Guardian.

Gorgonzola means gorgonzola

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Is Corbyn going to be able to get sufficient numbers to pull of a no confidence vote? IMO, unsurprisingly, Swinson is being an absolute blend about this and if my (biased) Twitter feed is anything to go by, I'm certainly not alone in thinking this.

Lots of water to flow under the bridge yet, Corbyn as the leader of the 2nd biggest party has to start the ball rolling, but it is a HP decision and  who ends up as caretaker is a guess.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 01:44, For Us All said:

Perhaps this is one for Barry?

Under the terms of the free trade agreement being negotiated between Australia and the European Union, Australian producers may lose the right to name their products using terms the EU wants protected under a “geographical indictions” clause.

Copied and pasted from the Guardian.

G'day FUA,

Australian manufacturers have greeted this latest EU announcement with a smidgin of bemusement. They will simply apply that old English saying 'Necessity is the mother of invention' and adapt accordingly - some have already done so.

At the end of the day if the product is good enough it will compete with all comers - no matter the name, and don't be surprised if some of the labels have distinctive Aboriginal names :smile:   

2 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Is Corbyn going to be able to get sufficient numbers to pull of a no confidence vote? IMO, unsurprisingly, Swinson is being an absolute blend about this and if my (biased) Twitter feed is anything to go by, I'm certainly not alone in thinking this.

I think he could just about pull off the vote of no confidence but that's only stage 1 I think.... stage 2 getting the vote to take over, I think he would fail..... I doubt the Tories would vote for him..... the libs have said no... and some of his own party would vote against him.

Mainly..... I think.... because he wants a Labour brexit.

If he did pull it off and postponed brexit again..... would he have the mandate to set or agree a new date? Bearing in mind it's a short term restricted position..... and he could well lose a general election.

2 hours ago, geosname said:

I think he could just about pull off the vote of no confidence but that's only stage 1 I think.... stage 2 getting the vote to take over, I think he would fail..... I doubt the Tories would vote for him..... the libs have said no... and some of his own party would vote against him.

Mainly..... I think.... because he wants a Labour brexit.

If he did pull it off and postponed brexit again..... would he have the mandate to set or agree a new date? Bearing in mind it's a short term restricted position..... and he could well lose a general election.

Priority is to stop no-deal, then a referendum or election with Lab and Lib etc going for remain, (would get a further extension  from the EU), assuming the mood of the country changes as reality dawns. Who leads the caretaker govt does not really matter, the nation comes first not any party.

This nonsensical idea of a No Deal Brexit is unravelling with every day that passes. Yesterday we had the ludicrous announcement that we could air-lift drugs and emergency supplies into the UK  if people's lives are in danger. No <ovf censored>, Sherlock. It's 2019. Not 1948 in Berlin in the Cold War. How on earth have we reached such a low point of stupidity? And then we heard about plans for martial law in case of food shortages and/or riots. And that came from government sources, not the remain side. Today, we have farmers telling us that half of them could go bust. Again, their worries, not my words. 

Hopefully the tide is turning. No-one voted for a No Deal Brexit of this stupidity. Let's hope that mop-head and Dick Heade get their just desserts asap.

Honestly, it's completely farcical now and yet we've still got some folk who think it's a great idea. Are we going stark raving mad in this country or what?

Archived