onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

9 hours ago, Heatwave said:

In your opinion of course. Which is rather less than objective. 

I'm one of the more objective posters in this thread but yes, it is my opinion.

Any of the remainers got any thoughts on this...

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”

9 hours ago, Heatwave said:

In your opinion of course. Which is rather less than objective. 

Always makes me laugh when those on the right complain about the bbc, when the last political editor was a member of the tories and the current editor was found to have been biased against labour. 

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

Always makes me laugh when those on the right complain about the bbc, when the last political editor was a member of the tories and the current editor was found to have been biased against labour. 

Just ask (or read) Rod Liddle if you don't think there's a left-wing bias in the BBC.  He has long been a Labour party member and supporter (until a falling out with the current party leadership) and was a former editor of Radio 4's flagship "Today" programme, but resigned from the BBC because of its left-leaning bias--I think that tells you all you need to know!

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

It makes me laugh when people refuse to admit that the BBC aren't blatantly biased against Brexit.

Have they ever said anything positive about us leaving the EU?

By the way,all Tories aren't Brexiteers.

14 minutes ago, For Us All said:

It makes me laugh when people refuse to admit that the BBC aren't blatantly biased against Brexit.

Difficult to find anything positive, no doubt they will give Hammond publicity rounding up the negative thinkers

31 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Just ask (or read) Rod Liddle if you don't think there's a left-wing bias in the BBC.  He has long been a Labour party member and supporter (until a falling out with the current party leadership) and was a former editor of Radio 4's flagship "Today" programme, but resigned from the BBC because of its left-leaning bias--I think that tells you all you need to know!

So the actual political editors of the bbc being tories and been found to actually be biased (not accused, but actual found to be biased), is nothing because of one journalist? 

19 minutes ago, For Us All said:

What positive news should they be reporting about brexit right now? 

And I know all tories aren’t brexiteers. Never said differently. 

There has been a concerted campaign by the right to denigrate organisations that don't agree with them. Quite alarming actually. 

The EU. The Supreme Court. Parliament. The Speaker. The BBC. Channel 4. 

Liddle is not a good example. He's a nasty piece of work (but that's irrelevant here). Forced to resign from the BBC, he would say that wouldn't he?

Overall, evidence suggests the BBC is more biased towards the right and towards Brexit. You might not like it but analyses of news reports and representation have all reached this conclusion.

Cardiff University for one. http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/our_work/breadth_opinion/content_analysis.pdf

Independent reports - dissecting the news - is the best arbiter. We can all quote individuals saying X, Y & Z [or our favourite paper] but that isn't comprehensive or scientific. Robert Peston reckoned the BBC was pro-Brexit and gave too much air time to "loonies". Andrew Neil is a leaver. 

99/100 economists will tell you that leaving will damage the economy, so why should you give the odd 1/100 who says it won't the same air time? In fact the only debate in 2019 is about how severe the economic damage will be. Everyone now can see it's damaging. But for 3 years Brexiteers have been telling us it's fake news.                                                                                                                        

The same is true about the campaign itself. The leave campaign told us a pack of lies (the 70 million Turks, red bus, we hold all the cards, etc.) but - in the interests of balance - the BBC broadcast these lies so that some viewers didn't know what was right or wrong. 

What we should focus on are facts and hard evidence and not misinformation. But if you give them the same credence as the BBC does the distinction between fact and fiction is blurred. 

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

There has been a concerted campaign by the right to denigrate organisations that don't agree with them. Quite alarming actually. 

The EU. The Supreme Court. Parliament. The Speaker. The BBC. Channel 4. 

Liddle is not a good example. He's a nasty piece of work (but that's irrelevant here). Forced to resign from the BBC, he would say that wouldn't he?

Overall, evidence suggests the BBC is more biased towards the right and towards Brexit. You might not like it but analyses of news reports and representation have all reached this conclusion.

Cardiff University for one. http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/our_work/breadth_opinion/content_analysis.pdf

Independent reports - dissecting the news - is the best arbiter. We can all quote individuals saying X, Y & Z [or our favourite paper] but that isn't comprehensive or scientific. Robert Peston reckoned the BBC was pro-Brexit and gave too much air time to "loonies". Andrew Neil is a leaver. 

99/100 economists will tell you that leaving will damage the economy, so why should you give the odd 1/100 who says it won't the same air time? In fact the only debate in 2019 is about how severe the economic damage will be. Everyone now can see it's damaging. But for 3 years Brexiteers have been telling us it's fake news.                                                                                                                        

The same is true about the campaign itself. The leave campaign told us a pack of lies (the 70 million Turks, red bus, we hold all the cards, etc.) but - in the interests of balance - the BBC broadcast these lies so that some viewers didn't know what was right or wrong. 

What we should focus on are facts and hard evidence and not misinformation. But if you give them the same credence as the BBC does the distinction between fact and fiction is blurred. 

Another "independent" study quoted.

https://gov.wales/cardiff-university-secures-eu-funds-for-new-scientific-research-facility

Any more "independent" studies which you can just claim are the best arbiters of anti-eu bias?

The same 99% economists (is that even true by the way? feels like another remainer lie to me) who have been wrong about every prediction that they've made so far.

I'll trust the 1% who are not consistently proven wrong I think.

The best 1%.

3 hours ago, Andyregs said:

So the actual political editors of the bbc being tories and been found to actually be biased (not accused, but actual found to be biased), is nothing because of one journalist? 

What positive news should they be reporting about brexit right now? 

And I know all tories aren’t brexiteers. Never said differently. 

Liddle is a guy who worked as a producer for the BBC for some considerable time--on current affairs programmes--I suspect he therefore has a better insight to the realty of bias than you.

21 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Liddle is a guy who worked as a producer for the BBC for some considerable time--on current affairs programmes--I suspect he therefore has a better insight to the realty of bias than you.

Well, unless he’s going to show me that the actual political editors of the bbc were tories and actually found to be biased against labour, then it’s irrelevant. Are you saying that a member of the Tory party and someone found to be biased against labour are actually politically biased against the right? 

Archived