onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

9 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

There was an element of anti-semitism on the remain side so the racists probably even each other out.

You're assuming, of course, that the antisemites all voted Remain. From what I can gather the reverse is true and that's why Labour won't commit to a second referendum - the Corbynistas don't want one.

3 hours ago, Heatwave said:

You're assuming, of course, that the antisemites all voted Remain. From what I can gather the reverse is true and that's why Labour won't commit to a second referendum - the Corbynistas don't want one. 

Yeah to be fair I had absolutely zero evidence or logic for my statement. I was just trying to make a point.

Seriously though we've done the "everyone is racist" thing a million times on this website and we're 379 pages in and there hasn't been one scrap of evidence. It's not really part of the discussion because so few people are racist nowadays that even if they all voted for brexit (which they didn't - I know anecdotally that more than one racist voted to remain)  then it wouldn't have changed the result at all.

Plus, and this is probably the most controversial thing I've said (and really stupid people will interpret it as supporting racism or even promoting it) but racists are entitled to vote, so again, it's irrelevant which ever way you look at it.

The truth is that it's a popular smear tactic of extreme leftists. They can't defeat the reasons for brexit in debates and so they have to try and make it a morality issue where they are the good guys and the other side must be evil.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:13 PM, philpvfc said:

Doesn’t really matter, the majority voted to leave in the once in a lifetime referendum so to honour democracy the result must stand.

There have been more than one referendums in my lifetime.... I have been eligible to vote in 2.

There were others I was not eligible to vote in. 

10 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Yeah to be fair I had absolutely zero evidence or logic for my statement. I was just trying to make a point.

Seriously though we've done the "everyone is racist" thing a million times on this website and we're 379 pages in and there hasn't been one scrap of evidence. It's not really part of the discussion because so few people are racist nowadays that even if they all voted for brexit (which they didn't - I know anecdotally that more than one racist voted to remain)  then it wouldn't have changed the result at all.

Plus, and this is probably the most controversial thing I've said (and really stupid people will interpret it as supporting racism or even promoting it) but racists are entitled to vote, so again, it's irrelevant which ever way you look at it.

The truth is that it's a popular smear tactic of extreme leftists. They can't defeat the reasons for brexit in debates and so they have to try and make it a morality issue where they are the good guys and the other side must be evil.

We'll perhaps find out who's racist on Panorama at 21.00 hrs on Wednesday night?

9 hours ago, For Us All said:

We'll perhaps find out who's racist on Panorama at 21.00 hrs on Wednesday night?

Hopefully.

Everyone should tune in, we'll get to see  some proper actual racists this time instead of  some people who don't like a political union (?)

9 hours ago, For Us All said:

As (I think) The Sage pointed out to you, you should start a thread to discuss Labour and antisemitism seeing as you are so keen to crowbar it in to the Brexit and Conservative Leader threads. Would love to read your own personal (non-cut and pasted) thoughts on the whole issue.

16 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

As (I think) The Sage pointed out to you, you should start a thread to discuss Labour and antisemitism seeing as you are so keen to crowbar it in to the Brexit and Conservative Leader threads. Would love to read your own personal (non-cut and pasted) thoughts on the whole issue.

My comments were only introduced into those two threads to provide some kind of balance to the racist accusations made against the Brexiteers and the Tory party.

You know,pot calling the kettle *****?

Archived