onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

If you're happy and OK that the future of the UK has been put at risk by campaign based on two whopping lies then that's your perogative but many other people don't share those sentiments.  When democracy is based on massive (In one case a massive provable fiscal lie) lies like Johnson and Farage told it isn't the democracy in a supposed 1st world nation.
Anyone would think the Brexiteers won by a landslide margin which they did not. The strife will continue in the UK whatever the outcome and if the economy does go south there will be mega unrest.

Paul, I dont know you, you dont know me, Id suggest you do not assume what would or would not make me happy.

I merely pointed how how toxic & divisive another ref would be.

What would you suggest happen now then at this impasse? Revoke and remain? A general election? 
Our whole political landscape is polarised and whatever happens it looks to be very divisive for the upcoming future.

The lesser of the evils is a GE, let the focus of peoples anger be on the politicians who got us in this mess,

Do not pitch the people v the people again in another idiotic referendum, it will not end well.

Lets not forget, whilst people may be able to argue that brexit cannot be defined, it has many definitions, 52% of the people voted against the current EU relationship, this can not be simply ignored, as much as people try.

im a fence sitter on brexit, i see both sides

20 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Anyone would think the Brexiteers won by a landslide margin which they did not. The strife will continue in the UK whatever the outcome and if the economy does go south there will be mega unrest.

you've hit the nail on the head... Brexiteers won... be it by one vote or one million, our democracy is by voting on subjects, the one with the most votes carry it...

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

you've hit the nail on the head... Brexiteers won... be it by one vote or one million, our democracy is by voting on subjects, the one with the most votes carry it...

Like I said,those who get the least number of votes need to learn to accept defeat,otherwise it's a pointless exercise.

Can't wait for the next General Election?

15 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

But don't Boris and Hunt think otherwise.

All to win votes. I doubt very much the EU will budge as well as Labour or the DUP so the only 2 options are leave with no deal or another referendum and always has been the only options.

I just don't get the "logical" leap from Leave winning the referendum to..We'd best stay because we didn't pre determine how we would leave.

Literally makes no sense. The options available before the referendum are still available now. The only thing that has changed is that we've tried for a second time to negotiate with the EU and for a second time they've mugged us off.

A second referendum on HOW we leave would be pointless but at least I could understand the logic a bit more. Any second referendum with remain as an option is surely just an attempt to reverse the result however you dress it up?

12 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

The bus wasnt a lie.

And yeah obviously we have failed to reduce immigration. That's why we need to leave? 

It was a lie and there is proof why it was a lie, a court summons was issued against him which was thrown out but it doesn't mean it wasn't a lie.

The UK could reduce immigration at any time if it wanted to (See Hungary, Poland, Slovakia etc), it chooses not to. At the same time the UK signs up to the UN mandate on immigration which when approved will make immigration a human right, the UK has no plans or intent to reduce immigration to the numbers quoted in the Brexit campaign and even after Brexit, UK politicians and you know it.

9 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Paul, I dont know you, you dont know me, Id suggest you do not assume what would or would not make me happy.

I merely pointed how how toxic & divisive another ref would be.

You are not allowed to be reasonable and objective on this website Tisdeano. You are either a lovely remainer or you want to forcibly eject all foreigners starting with NHS workers.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

All to win votes. I doubt very much the EU will budge as well as Labour or the DUP so the only 2 options are leave with no deal or another referendum and always has been the only options.

I agree Phil but after the disgraceful behavior of UK MEP's at the EU Parliament last week  and if that behavior is to become the norm then they could well be better off without the UK although the UK's financial contribution shouldn't be under estimated.

2 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

It was a lie and there is proof why it was a lie, a court summons was issued against him which was thrown out but it doesn't mean it wasn't a lie. 

The UK could reduce immigration at any time if it wanted to (See Hungary, Poland, Slovakia etc), it chooses not to. At the same time the UK signs up to the UN mandate on immigration which when approved will make immigration a human right, the UK has no plans or intent to reduce immigration to the numbers quoted in the Brexit campaign and even after Brexit, UK politicians and you know it.

I don't doubt it but they were promising to reduce immigration in 2010 so I'm not sure why you are blaming brexit?

You'll have to explain why "Doesn't mean it wasn't a lie" is "proof why it was a lie".

The High Court have published their reasons now for chucking the case in the bin, where it belongs. They slate the district judge who found that there was a case to answer at first. They also say that if the claim had been £350m Gross or £250m Net then there would not have been a complaint in the first place.

That's quite clear evidence that he did not lie. The £350m figure was a gross amount, Boris had called it gross figure in other TV interviews by the way, and the statement "We send £350m to the NHS" is actually factual if you interpret it as a gross figure.

So yeah. The bus isn't a lie, like I've been saying for 3 years, and the high court backs me up.

In fact the judgement goes further, it turns out the chap who crowdfunded and made the complaint had plotted this publically for years and it was obviously politically motivated. Not only that but he admitted to deleting much of his social media posts on the subject prior to September 2018. The judgement made clear that although they don't need to say this, they would have also quashed the original decision of the district judge on the grounds that it was a vexatious prosecution.

www.judiciary.uk if you want to read it for yourself 😂

5 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I don't doubt it but they were promising to reduce immigration in 2010 so I'm not sure why you are blaming brexit?

You'll have to explain why "Doesn't mean it wasn't a lie" is "proof why it was a lie".

The High Court have published their reasons now for chucking the case in the bin, where it belongs. They slate the district judge who found that there was a case to answer at first. They also say that if the claim had been £350m Gross or £250m Net then there would not have been a complaint in the first place.

That's quite clear evidence that he did not lie. The £350m figure was a gross amount, Boris had called it gross figure in other TV interviews by the way, and the statement "We send £350m to the NHS" is actually factual if you interpret it as a gross figure.

So yeah. The bus isn't a lie, like I've been saying for 3 years, and the high court backs me up.

In fact the judgement goes further, it turns out the chap who crowdfunded and made the complaint had plotted this publically for years and it was obviously politically motivated. Not only that but he admitted to deleting much of his social media posts on the subject prior to September 2018. The judgement made clear that although they don't need to say this, they would have also quashed the original decision of the district judge on the grounds that it was a vexatious prosecution.

www.judiciary.uk if you want to read it for yourself 😂

And here is a video of him calling it a gross figure. He describes it as the sum of money which is raised by UK taxes of which the UK has no control over how it is spent. £250m to the EU and £100m a week stays in the UK but finances EU determined projects.

Being a resonable and objective poster, I don't doubt that he also picked it because it is a bigger number than £250m. But then again I don't think remainers have a leg to stand on becase you don't recongise 52% as a bigger number than 48%...

38 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

I agree Phil but after the disgraceful behavior of UK MEP's at the EU Parliament last week  and if that behavior is to become the norm then they could well be better off without the UK although the UK's financial contribution shouldn't be under estimated.

I salute their bravery in treating the EU with the derision it deserves.

11 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Quality appointments ,I see,in Brussels.Insider trading appears to be  ok on your CV.

The EU certainly seems to be in good hands with these four in charge How?

A failed Belgium Prime Minister.

A former Finance Minister found guilty of negligence in a multi-million pound euro scandal.

A failed German Defence Minister.

A Spanish politician who's been a cheerleader for repression in Catalonia.

What could possibly go wrong.

As Andrew Neil said "Why is Europe in good hands with people like that"?

Over to you Remainers.

7 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The EU certainly seems to be in good hands with these four in charge How?

A failed Belgium Prime Minister. 

A former Finance Minister found guilty of negligence in a multi-million pound euro scandal.

A failed German Defence Minister.

A Spanish politician who's been a cheerleader for repression in Catalonia.

What could possibly go wrong.

As Andrew Neil said "Why is Europe in good hands with people like that"?

Over to you Remainers.

Why are you bothered about negligence in multi-million pound scandals? Don't you know some people turned round in the EU Parliament the other day?!

Archived