onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Hmmmmm..... my ballot paper had a choice of leave or remain not leave or 'discuss leaving, reject a deal, reject no deal and then ask me again'.

Which is exactly why the whole referendum was a joke and should never have happened for such a complicated issue which has now become impossible to deliver.

The purpose of parliament is to serve the country, the best deal possible was blocked by the DUP and the far right of the Tory party, the purpose of the opposition is to oppose, after all 60 % of their voters preferred to remain.[/QUO

well FactCheck state that the labour party accounts published in Aug. 2018 say that as of 31st Dec. 2017 the total individual membership as 564,443... so 60% equals 338,666 give or take as more may vote labour, but some may be lapsed members.

It's not a forecast mate..... the only move available at the moment is to leve, hence the next step.... that may or may not change but that's a future event..... after a new PM is in place.... in July?...... there is no reason to call a GE...... it may happen but if it does it probably won't be before October..... and there isn't enough time to call a referendum before October....... so the only step available is to leave until someone creates another step.

the eu have announced there will be no more talks with whoever, either a new pm or a general election winner. So can you see all the factions in parliament agreeing to the deal on the table or enough to get it passed in parliament? or getting a vote for a second referendum passed, and if so to get the wording confirmed and organised before 31st oct, the default date of a no deal...

I have not argued in favour of Johnson since page one.

The law suit that was chucked in the bin?

I'm just not naive to think that there are honest MPs. You think that your favs dont lie, simply not true.

The point is you denigrate Corbyn for lying (I'm no Corbyn supporter) but you're OK with Boris Johnson telling lies.

Your stance is "It's OK for one to do it but not the other".

The law suit was thrown out but that doesn't exonerate Johnson.

Both sides said they would honour the referendum result..... have we left yet?

Because politicians say something doesn't mean they will do it..... politicians lie.

Both sides also said we wouldn't leave without a deal. Majority of the public in the 2017 election also voted for parties who stood against no deal

It's not a forecast mate..... the only move available at the moment is to leve, hence the next step.... that may or may not change but that's a future event..... after a new PM is in place.... in July?...... there is no reason to call a GE...... it may happen but if it does it probably won't be before October..... and there isn't enough time to call a referendum before October....... so the only step available is to leave until someone creates another step.
Call a referendum and ask for an extension, abandon Brexit, are other options.

Guest TommyMac
Let me ask you this then, Tommy.

Suppose you were in for a serious operation in 6 months time and agreed with the surgeon that you'd have it done and see him again in November, but when it got to November the surgeon was less keen and said that you can still have it done if you like but over the summer 9/10 patients have died in theatre because it's proved far more risky than he thought. What would you do?

Go blindly ahead as you said you would do?

Or, weigh it up, re-think, and perhaps postpone it?

Honestly, what would you do?

If everyone involved in the operation was going to do everything they could to make it a success, I would have the operation rather than pass on the disease to my children. However if while the surgeon was trying to save my life the anaesthetist was trying to poison me, the surgical technician was infecting his instruments and the operating room nurse was suffocating me, I'd find a new surgeon with a better support team and then have the operation.

He also denies the existence of racism and when presented with evidence, he rubbishes it as coming from "lefty" sources, despite some of that evidence coming from The Times and the NSPCC!

Wow what a complete and utter lie.

I take it you are talking about the 5-6 examples of racism you posted in response to me saying that almost no one is racist nowadays?

Way to prove my point, 5-6 news articles is surely next to no one?

You defend the racist Farage. Practice what you preach.

Exactly. We can all label each others side racists and then crow bar in that everyone who supports or defends them are racists.

Doesn't make it true and in fact the only reason you would have for doing it is because you cant win a debate with facts.

I'd love it if there were no talk of racism daily on here. Unfortunately the radical left wont let that happen because they need to bully and scare people into silence.

Archived