Davebrad

Brexit again...

10 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Please keep up.

You may have missed it but Boris No-Deal has actually done the opposite and agreed a deal with the EU.He may be losing out in parliament to the Remainer MP's but the longer this goes on,Bojo's popularity will increase.

The only ones who will be crashing out are the MP's who betrayed their constituents.

The only MPs who will be betraying their constituents are those who don't give sufficient thought to the most important decision this Parliament will make this century. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Wrong.

The Tories have not presented a deal which the opposition and lesser parties felt able to back.  Not backing the Tory deal is not the same as not backing a deal.  The Tories made red lines of issues which seriously impaired there ability to strike a deal similar to Norway for example, which is what Boz and Nige were banging on about during the big bad bus campaign of Romanian terror.

As for what the voters remember, let's see but I dont think you are right because everyone I have spoken to personally puts the blame squarely at the door of the Eton Mess and his mates.

The better deal is the one we already have, it's better than any deal of the other 27.  The deal promised during the leave campaign was not possible with hindsight, anybody not fully signed up to cult Brexit can see that.   The only way forward now is to put it back to the public but this time with actuals and not what we might get.  If the public vote for Boris's deal then do it.  If not, stay in and revisit it in a few years.

Even football has accepted that decisions can be wrong and need reviewing as fact, yet cult brexiteers wont accept that nobody voted for this and it needs reviewing.  It's clearly not going to be resolved in Parliment so why are brexiteers so scared of a referendum re-run with more facts now known.  Surely it's not just because they dont want to be seen to be backing a lame horse?

he's presented a agreement that the eu have agreed to, so why are the remainers so scared of a general election?

2 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

he's presented a agreement that the eu have agreed to, so why are the remainers so scared of a general election?

Brexit is the problem, it needs a referendum to sort it, not an election. What are the leavers scared of?

3 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

For the same reason the Leavers are scared of a second referendum!

27 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The only MPs who will be betraying their constituents are those who don't give sufficient thought to the most important decision this Parliament will make this century. 

the question of betrayal will be decided at the next general election...

3 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

Ha!  That old one AGAIN!

I arent scared of an election, its meaningless mind as it wont provide a majority as unless you have not noticed the country is split.

Once the extension is agreed then let's see if Boris still wants an election shall we.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Brexit is the problem, it needs a referendum to sort it, not an election. What are the leavers scared of?

we had a referendum...

2 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

the question of betrayal will be decided at the next general election...

The continuation of austerity will be decided at the next election.

46 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Please keep up.

You may have missed it but Boris No-Deal has actually done the opposite and agreed a deal with the EU.He may be losing out in parliament to the Remainer MP's but the longer this goes on,Bojo's popularity will increase.

The only ones who will be crashing out are the MP's who betrayed their constituents.

Lol...

Champion of the people.  You can fool some of the people some of the time...

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Ha!  That old one AGAIN!

I arent scared of an election, its meaningless mind as it wont provide a majority as unless you have not noticed the country is split.

Once the extension is agreed then let's see if Boris still wants an election shall we.

you only want a extension to keep trying  to block our leaving... a second referendum/peoples vote will just carry on, one way then another.

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The continuation of austerity will be decided at the next election.

it surely will, if tory then to finish the mess that labour made, if labour to get back to where they left it, and borrow more.

52 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Please keep up.

I’m confused how you can feel betrayed over mp’s not supporting a deal that you yourself don’t support. 

7 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

it surely will, if tory then to finish the mess that labour made, if labour to get back to where they left it, and borrow more.

Who has been in power the last 9 years?

18 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

A bit over simplified. 

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-qa-which-party-has-a-better-track-record-on-the-economy

Borrowing shot up after the worldwide financial crisis that right wingers like to blame on labour (along with any financial problems over the last decade as well). The uk’s debt has only gone up since. 

Edited by Andyregs

On 19/10/2019 at 18:51, Nofinikea said:

Are you simple?

So I suggest a system that means for the original vote to be overturned a massive majority must be gained stacking the odds massively in favour of leave winning, and you ramble on about leavers being scared of losing a 2nd vote?

Best bit is you start off by saying what an illogical load of cobblers.

Deary me, theres some slow folk on here.

Quite correct, I must be a bit 'slow and simple', but then it's very difficult to unwrap your totally illogical  "logic"!  Pray tell us 'slow' folk just how your 'system' (which I must confess I'm still trying to work out) "stacks the odds massively in favour of leave winning"? I suspect you're really the simple one trying to understand concepts and arguments that are clearly well above your 'pay grade'!

8 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Quite correct, I must be a bit 'slow and simple', but then it's very difficult to unwrap your totally illogical  "logic"!  Pray tell us 'slow' folk just how your 'system' (which I must confess I'm still trying to work out) "stacks the odds massively in favour of leave winning"? I suspect you're really the simple one trying to understand concepts and arguments that are clearly well above your 'pay grade'!

52% voted to leave, to overturn that vote the remain % in the Confirmation vote  would have to reach 60% which by far exceeds all polls in the last few years. That is my simplification..

26 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Who has been in power the last 9 years?

The ones who are still trying to clean up the mess left by the Financially Illiterate Party in the previous 13 years.

You know,the ones who left a note saying "there's no money left".

55 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

For the same reason the Leavers are scared of a second referendum!

Honour the 2016 one first and then maybe in forty odd years time we might agree to another?

2 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Honour the 2016 one first and then maybe in forty odd years time we might agree to another?

You don’t want it honoured. You just want to Moan about it.

agree to another, you can’t even agree and what you chuffing want out of this one.

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

you only want a extension to keep trying  to block our leaving... a second referendum/peoples vote will just carry on, one way then another.

Wrong again.  

I want any deal properly scrutinised by parliment.  If after scrutiny they deem it worthy of voting for, so be it.  If not, we go again.  

Why are you running from a confirmation referendum, one that details a specific deal and not an unrealistic pipe dream?  Its madness not to isnt it?