Davebrad

Brexit again...

4 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

What % of the population would read Blair & Major in The Guardian broadsheet.😉

Probably more read the on line edition nowadays

8 hours ago, geosname said:

Getting elected.

Just like the Tories, lib dems etc.

True, is it the way to go? To be one of a handful of Labour MPs to vote for a Johnson deal when better deals are available? To be blamed for evermore?

32 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

True, is it the way to go? To be one of a handful of Labour MPs to vote for a Johnson deal when better deals are available? To be blamed for evermore?

What better deals?

The Boris deal isn't a new deal,  it's a tweaked rehashed may deal.

5 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

Keep up at the back there - the Guardian hasn’t been a broadsheet for years, Barry!!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, geosname said:

What better deals?

Undeniably the better deal is to remain, however that's not really an option currently.

It would be odd for a Labour MP to vote for a deal that does not protect workers rights though wouldnt it?  Especially as they voted down a deal that did?

Should they now just vote for any old crap just because Super Bozza is adamant about the 31st October, regardless of its merits?

Edited by Nofinikea

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Undeniably the better deal is to remain, however that's not really an option currently.

It would be odd for a Labour MP to vote for a deal that does not protect workers rights though wouldnt it?  Especially as they voted down a deal that did?

Should they now just vote for any old crap just because Super Bozza is adamant about the 31st October, regardless of its merits?

I would suggest they vote for what they think is right and ignore the party stance as it's not a party political issue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

2 fine upstanding members of the political elite....... war and cash for questions aside of course.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Keep up at the back there - the Guardian hasn’t been a broadsheet for years, Barry!!

It was also on the bbc. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36486016

Interesting response from the DUP at the time.

Arlene Foster:  "I do find it rather disgraceful for two prime ministers who know full well the importance of the peace process here in Northern Ireland to come over here and suggest that a vote in a particular direction is going to undermine that".

So not only did leave predict it, but it was thrown back at them as a disgraceful suggestion. Leavers can try and rewrite history all they want. They voted out of ignorance, which could have been avoided. 

2 minutes ago, geosname said:

2 fine upstanding members of the political elite....... war and cash for questions aside of course.

Typical mr neutral ‘I know nothing’ response.

‘yeah but...but...they didn’t tell us’

’yes they did right here’

’but...but...not the person I wanted to tell me’

Maybe the people you would listen to should have told you, but they were on the leave side and sold you a pipe dream. 

29 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Typical mr neutral ‘I know nothing’ response.

‘yeah but...but...they didn’t tell us’

’yes they did right here’

’but...but...not the person I wanted to tell me’

Maybe the people you would listen to should have told you, but they were on the leave side and sold you a pipe dream. 

I wanted to remain.

unnamed.gif

Major prorogued parliament longer than usual to avoid cash for questions... then joined an action against Boris for doing similar.... hypocrisy?

Blair took us into a war for?..... to stay wedged up a presidents rear end?

Both very trustworthy people..... but then they are politicians.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, geosname said:

I would suggest they vote for what they think is right and ignore the party stance as it's not a party political issue.

So voting against a deal that they believe is detrimental is ok then?  Despite the referendum result or anything else you have said?

I cant keep up with what you are actually trying to say.

4 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

So voting against a deal that they believe is detrimental is ok then?  Despite the referendum result or anything else you have said?

I cant keep up with what you are actually trying to say.

This is the conundrum politicians have created..... but just to be safe they wrap it in an enigma. They are afraid to make a decision I would suggest.

Perhaps if they had voted with what they thought right instead of expedient from the begining we wouldn't be where we are now..... who knows.

If you can't keep up it's not my problem.

2 hours ago, geosname said:

What better deals?

A Norway type deal not a Canada minus deal

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

A Norway type deal not a Canada minus deal

We haven't got to the stage of talking about deals yet have we?

The EU refused to talk about deals until the divorce agreement was finalised didn't they?

10 minutes ago, geosname said:

We haven't got to the stage of talking about deals yet have we?

The EU refused to talk about deals until the divorce agreement was finalised didn't they?

The point of the Johnson deal, leave NI in the CM, allowing Britain to leave without the border issue.

With bercow possibly denying a vote, court still looking, hundreds of amendments possibly added to delay, other tactics possible..... why is the £ going up?....... does someone know something?