Davebrad

Brexit again...

3 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Why?  If they are REPRESENTING their electorate if they're in a leave voting constituency.  Surely that's the job they were elected to do?  A bit different in Corbyn's case.  As a life-long anti-EU (on the record if you wish to check) MP how does he square the circle of representing a constituency in Islington that overwhelmingly voted remain? I would argue that any Labour MP who's in a leave voting area and votes for the deal is being much more open & honest than Corbyn and any other Labour MPs in leave constituencies who continue to argue for remain or a second vote!

Quite right, they are representing all the electorate in their constituencies so act in their  best interests, they are not delegates so do not have to follow a referendum  if they consider it not right. Will Mrs May be voting for the current deal since she represents a Remain area?  

22 minutes ago, Mario said:

The elite I refer to are Gina Miller and her husband Alan, George Soros, Lord Malloch -Brown and the like all unelected but hell bent on over turning a democratic vote.

I fail to see what school somebody went to has to do with anything unless it's the politics of envy of course, theres a lad up the road from me who got into Cambridge,is he elitist no, he's a Stoke fan but hey ho.

But that is my point.  You think well educated and well off people who oppose Brexit are the elite but there are plenty of well educated and well off people who support it.  There are members of the "elite" on both sides of the argument and to suggest otherwise is, in my opinion, simply wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

But that is my point.  You think well educated and well off people who oppose Brexit are the elite but there are plenty of well educated and well off people who support it.  There are members of the "elite" on both sides of the argument and to suggest otherwise is, in my opinion, simply wrong.

Look at the areas that voted solid remain...all affluent and middle to upper and elitist higher class..surely no coincidence

4 hours ago, Andyregs said:

You’re angry at Corbyn for an Oliver letwin bill. You’ll be blaming him for the poll tax next. 

Oliver Letwin was David Cameron,s lapdog who fell out of favour with Teresa May and enjoys his 5 minutes of glory before he slithers off to leave other people to pick up the pieces.His constituency voted to leave but hey ho why take any notice of  your constituents if you can frustrate parliament and pee people off.

9 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Incontinent Corbyn doesn’t know what he does want except to get his grubby little hands on No 10

Imagine! A Leader of the Opposition who wants to become Prime Minister. The monster!

There are some really <ovf censored> dense people on here.

Edited by mr.hobblesworth

4 hours ago, Andyregs said:

And that just sums you up. You want to criticise and complain but can’t even commit to anything of substance. All these posts and you can’t even answer if you yourself support it. You’ve taken the geo stance. Prefer to not be wrong than have a back bone. 

tenor.gif

For the two dimensional amongst us i will yet again state my position.

I would prefer to remain.

I do not support a second referendum without honouring the first.

I do not support any political party..... e.g. if the choice was between Hitler (right wing) and Mao (left wing) I would choose neither.... none of the above.

I dislike party politics even though there is no reasonable alternative available.

I reached a point some time ago that I don't give a rat's ass if we leave or remain. Just pick one and get on with it, either one, I don't care which. That should be simple enough to understand even for the two dimensional.

I have been wrong many times, failed business and 4 marriages etc support that fact. I learned a long time ago that things are very rarely as simple as yes or no, black or white, one side or the other, especially where opinions are concerned.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, geosname said:

For those with an audio impairment. 

For the two dimensional amongst us i will yet again state my position.

I would prefer to remain.

I do not support a second referendum without honouring the first.

I do not support any political party..... e.g. if the choice was between Hitler (right wing) and Mao (left wing) I would choose neither.... none of the above.

I dislike party politics even though there is no reasonable alternative available.

I reached a point some time ago that I don't give a rat's ass if we leave or remain. Just pick one and get on with it, either one, I don't care which. That should be simple enough to understand even for the two dimensional.

I have been wrong many times, failed business and 4 marriages etc support that fact. I learned a long time ago that things are very rarely as simple as yes or no, black or white, one side or the other, especially where opinions are concerned.

tenor-1.gif

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

No.  I think a 2nd vote needs to have a minimum turnout to be valid first of all and then if the original vote is to be overturned then a certain remain majority must be achieved, say 60% for example?  So for arguments sake, if 60% of 80% of the electorate votes to reverse the decision then so be it, otherwise we carry on with the original result.

That means approximately 27M people would need to vote to reverse the decision,  approx 10M more than originally voted to leave.  To get those numbers a significant number of leavers would have to vote the other way 2nd time around.

Now why wouldnt any Brexit supporter accept that?

That's fair enough I suppose.

13 hours ago, Andyregs said:

And that just sums you up. You want to criticise and complain but can’t even commit to anything of substance. All these posts and you can’t even answer if you yourself support it. You’ve taken the geo stance. Prefer to not be wrong than have a back bone. 

12 hours ago, For Us All said:

Spot on,I've decided to follow parliaments example,criticise and complain and play delaying tactics.

All these posts criticising others opinions and you darent share your own. Back to the hit and run nonsense you post, refusing to back it up before moving on to the next. 

11 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

Try Tony Blair as a starting point...or Soros...or Richard Branson

11 hours ago, Mario said:

The elite I refer to are Gina Miller and her husband Alan, George Soros, Lord Malloch -Brown and the like all unelected but hell bent on over turning a democratic vote.

I fail to see what school somebody went to has to do with anything unless it's the politics of envy of course, theres a lad up the road from me who got into Cambridge,is he elitist no, he's a Stoke fan but hey ho.

When people who support a party (At least over other main parties, We all know carllls real views) who appoint its prime ministers from the bullingdon club, start talking about ‘the elite’, it becomes clear they are just parroting what they are told to and have given up on thinking for themselves. You’re going to have to educate me on what you mean by ‘the elite’. 

9 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Oliver Letwin was David Cameron,s lapdog who fell out of favour with Teresa May and enjoys his 5 minutes of glory before he slithers off to leave other people to pick up the pieces.His constituency voted to leave but hey ho why take any notice of  your constituents if you can frustrate parliament and pee people off.

I know who Oliver letwin is. I’m struggling to understand why he’s Corbyns fault. 

12 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Come on,get real,it's quite obvious that the elite are trying to stop Brexit through the courts.

4 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Come on,get real,it's quite obvious that the elite are trying to stop Brexit through the courts.

It's only the elite that can afford to.  That's obvious though to anybody with an adult brain. 

How would you describe Bamford and Dyson?

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

It's only the elite that can afford to.  That's obvious though to anybody with an adult brain. 

How would you describe Bamford and Dyson?

Well,I can't  see them funding the courts to thwart Brexit?

Just now, For Us All said:

Well,I can't  see them funding the courts to thwart Brexit?

But you can see them funding the campaign to bring it about??

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Can I ask the leavers on here if they preferred May's deal or Johnson's?

It doesn't seem to matter what we think anymore,that finished in 2016.

• Like 1