onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

No deal is always better than a bad deal...... if you don't have one you have a chance of getting one.... if you have a bad one you are stuck with it, unless you can find another bargaining chip to force negotiations.

true but both sides need and are willing to negotiate, after the eu realised the no deal had gone off the table, we were dead in the water... as junker saying there will be no more to talk about has the deal they have given us is it no matter who the new pm is...

realisticly to get a deal any deal through parliament we need the snp to vote for it so we are talking independence and staying in.

the dup want no border or backstop which the eu wont allow. the appeasers will vote for anything the eu demands. the hard line bexiters wont budge, so what sort of deal do we go back to the eu with?

Advert

No deal is already decided and enshrined in law by parliament.

If we do nothing we leave in October with no deal.

Nothing is enshrined in law, all national laws can be changed otherwise we are not sovereign. The easiest way is just to revoke Section 50.

If the house you are buying is no longer worth it you stay as you are.

I could take issue with this statement....... if you are buying the house and it's no longer worth it I would suggest you consider selling it...... if you stay as you are you are stuck in a bad deal.

If you are simply considering buying it and it's not worth it I would suggest you consider buying something else..... as you have already made the decision to move.

Nothing is enshrined in law, all national laws can be changed otherwise we are not sovereign. The easiest way is just to revoke Section 50.

Enshrined in law means protected by law, not unchangeable.

Sovereignt is paradoxical by nature, interesting fact, because if parliament is the ultimate authority then the only thing that should limit parliaments power is parliament itself, but if it limits it's own power is it sovereign any more?

One thing we do know is that we are not sovereign currently.

I'm sure we all wake up in a cold sweat every night worrying about us "not being sovereign."

Can't wait to drink in that sweet sovereignty on November 1st, will be necking shots of sovereignty in the nightclubs

I could take issue with this statement....... if you are buying the house and it's no longer worth it I would suggest you consider selling it...... if you stay as you are you are stuck in a bad deal.

If you are simply considering buying it and it's not worth it I would suggest you consider buying something else..... as you have already made the decision to move.

But for the time being you stay where you are, look for another house if you have to move , or decide it is not worth moving after all.

Austria, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Netherlands etcetera worried about it at some point.

Can't see any relevance in WW2 and arguments re-Brexit.

I'd wager a small 5p coin that less then 0.01% of the population of the UK worry unduly about this abstract notion of sovereignty.

We're going around the block as we always seem to do but sovereignty is an abstract notion and at the heart of the matter is what you do with it. Like I said before ceding some of our sovereignty to the UN or NATO doesn't seem to worry anyone, even though Trump has his finger on the red button. Sharing sovereignty likewise with the EU is a good thing as it brings us economic benefits and global clout.

Of course there is a theoretical argument over sovereignty. I get that. But I don't get what all the fuss is about and I don't meet anyone who runs round in tears or rage because we are sharing our sovereignty with the EU. How many people do you know who are uptight about it?

But for the time being you stay where you are, look for another house if you have to move , or decide it is not worth moving after all.

Which is why it isn't entirely unreasonable to re-visit the process, though Joe's suggestion a few pages back would appear the most sensible if we are to put the pieces of this broken jigsaw of a country of ours back together again.

Adults can change their minds and sensible adults do just that.

I almost bought an older house once but the surveyor reckoned it could well have rot in some of the beams. It was an old black and white place. So I changed my mind and pulled out of the deal. What is wrong with that?

Which is why it isn't entirely unreasonable to re-visit the process, though Joe's suggestion a few pages back would appear the most sensible if we are to put the pieces of this broken jigsaw of a country of ours back together again.

Adults can change their minds and sensible adults do just that.

I almost bought an older house once but the surveyor reckoned it could well have rot in some of the beams. It was an old black and white place. So I changed my mind and pulled out of the deal. What is wrong with that?

Because it will solve nothing.

Can't see any relevance in WW2 and arguments re-Brexit.

I'd wager a small 5p coin that less then 0.01% of the population of the UK worry unduly about this abstract notion of sovereignty.

We're going around the block as we always seem to do but sovereignty is an abstract notion and at the heart of the matter is what you do with it. Like I said before ceding some of our sovereignty to the UN or NATO doesn't seem to worry anyone, even though Trump has his finger on the red button. Sharing sovereignty likewise with the EU is a good thing as it brings us economic benefits and global clout.

Of course there is a theoretical argument over sovereignty. I get that. But I don't get what all the fuss is about and I don't meet anyone who runs round in tears or rage because we are sharing our sovereignty with the EU. How many people do you know who are uptight about it?

Interesting how you dismiss it but at the same time can't admit the 100% FACT that the EU is sovereign.

We're not sharing anything, they can punish us if we create a law for ourselves which does not fit in with their law.

Archived