• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geosname

• Fosse69

• For Us All

• Regal Beagle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't accept the narrative that the EU is destroying our sovereignty and is any more anti-democratic than a country that has just elected a PM based on less than 0.01% the electorate, including 15 y

I don't agree.  There are a considerable number of male MPs who talk utter rubbish and don't know what they're talking about.  Andrew Bridgen for example, was on Radio 5 telling the world that as an E

This is reaching the stage of two bald blokes arguing over a comb. Tweak May’s backstop, put it back to the Commons, vote without three line whips and get it done. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Tetchy?! Politically it's been one of the funniest days in ages. 

"Brexits coming home" - the state of you. 

We've had remainer deniel and anger.

I think we're crossing between bargaining and depression currently.

The 5 stages of remainer grief.

The good new is that the next step is acceptance.

8 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

🤫

Cute.

The vote was only going one way tonight. I'd conceded that as soon as it was tabled. I'll even concede that the vote tomorrow will go the same way. Boris has it all in hand.

Remainers - You are anti democratic Boris!

Boris - Ok, lets have an election

Remainers - Yeah sure, but first, take no deal off the table

Boris - No, lets the people decide in an election now.

Remainers - No

15 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Cute.

The vote was only going one way tonight. I'd conceded that as soon as it was tabled. I'll even concede that the vote tomorrow will go the same way. Boris has it all in hand.

Remainers - You are anti democratic Boris!

Boris - Ok, lets have an election

Remainers - Yeah sure, but first, take no deal off the table

Boris - No, lets the people decide in an election now.

Remainers - No

No deal has been turned down time and time again. Recent elections and votes show there is no majority for it. 

He's coming across like a lying schoolboy who has pretended to have done his homework. It's transparently obvious that we've made no progress whatsoever in negotiating a new deal and it's equally obvious that the changes he is insisting upon can not be made. But he's still there, bollocking on, hoping bluster can disguise the fact that he hasn't got a <ovf censored> clue. Bet that puppy's in for a right kicking tonight.

Edited by mr.hobblesworth

2 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

It's transparently obvious that we've made no progress whatsoever in negotiating a new deal 

Therein lies the problem........ no new deal..... no deal off the table..... stagnation.

What's left is Mays deal which was rejected 3 times, which burko said couldn't be presented again.

5 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Bit tetchy today.

Anything to do with the shortening odds on a tory majority in the next election?

Brexits coming home.

Brexit is no closer to coming home than it was three and a half years ago.

The destructive divide has and is growing wider.

Parliament has spent so much time and energy on trying to stop and counter stop a single issue no alternatives have been sought or found.

We are now in a state of limbo...... can't go forward.... can't go back.... without ripping the country and the people further apart.

The immediate goal seems to be to get the deadline extended..... what for?..... if the deadline is extended to 2022 it won't change the impasse..... the EU won't offer a new deal, parliament has rejected the deal they offered and we can't leave with no deal.... dead in the water.

A general election won't change the brexit issue...... a second referendum won't change the brexit issue, it may turn the tables but nothing changes.