onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

This is the problem,there would be no need for Nigel Farage and a Brexit party if a cross party committee had been set up at the outset and negotiated hard to leave,3 years for goodness sake it just shows the abilities of politicians.

Farage is filling a void, the same void after every Labour government that gets filled by the Tories who have to get the finances back on track.

If only Labour could balance the books there would be no need for a Maggie Thatcher or a Theresa May.

Every Labour government during our country\'s history has unfortunately left the country in a parlous financial state!

Advert

Being gay is in no way morally wrong.

It doesn't matter that that's her opinion. Its homophobic, and its fully right to criticise her opinion for being as backwards.

I'm not sure it is her opinion.

She I'm sure follows Pope Benedict in saying that gay relations (note the emphasis) are 'morally disordered'. This is in line with Christian teaching which sees sex as a means to an end, ie procreation. The faith considers all sex outside marriage is morally wrong, marriage being the only state in which children may be produced, and therefore requires one man and one woman to contract it. In that context it certainly does not mean that gay people themselves are morally wrong; in fact the Catechism of the Catholic Church states that gay people are not to be discriminated against and are deserving of our love.

Sorry for the long winded reply but I hope this puts the matter to bed.

Does it not make you question his motivations? That he isn't a leader of the people, reclaiming what has been taken by the evil EU bureaucrats, but more of a man using Brexit as a financial tool for his hedge fund pals (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/26/nigel-farage-remain-won-brexit-bloomberg)?

Its all conspiracy, I'm aware. I refuse to believe that a man who moves in the circles that Farage does, led Brexit as some sort of altruistic mass democracy movement.

I trust him a lot more than many other politicians. He tells the truth. Whatever his motivations are, are secondary in my opinion.

That would depend on the morals of the person making the statement.

Of course it matters it\'s her opinion, it\'s not a crime to have an opinion.

Until about 1967 it was illegal for a male to have sex with a male but morals have little to do with legality.... morals are far more personal.

True, I strongly disagree with her view on this but I also strongly disagree that there should be any state directed penalty or punishment.

It's the same as all the big racism storms nowadays. Like the Chelsea fan v Raheem Sterling, does he need to be convicted of anything really? He lost his job, was named in the national press and absolutely vilified.

These people should be shunned rather than arrested in my opinion.

True, I strongly disagree with her view on this but I also strongly disagree that there should be any state directed penalty or punishment.

It\'s the same as all the big racism storms nowadays. Like the Chelsea fan v Raheem Sterling, does he need to be convicted of anything really? He lost his job, was named in the national press and absolutely vilified.

These people should be shunned rather than arrested in my opinion.

If the law has been broken, a magistrate or judge determine the sentence as appropriate.

How do you know he tells the truth. He got rich on the markets, is kids have German passports, as much as he hates the EU he picks his money up there. He has probably moved his wealth to an EU country just like Mogg. He is an arrogant rude guy, who has nothing to lose unlike the other party leaders.

I trust him a lot more than many other politicians. He tells the truth. Whatever his motivations are, are secondary in my opinion.

A lot of slandering true or not is focussed against the Brexit party and virtually none against the other parties. To me that shows that all parties are fearing the potential success the Brexit party may have.

These elections should never have happened, things should have been sorted by now and we should have left the EU on the original date set.

How do you know he tells the truth. He got rich on the markets, is kids have German passports, as much as he hates the EU he picks his money up there. He has probably moved his wealth to an EU country just like Mogg. He is an arrogant rude guy, who has nothing to lose unlike the other party leaders.

He’s going to lose his job should we leave the EU.

A lot of slandering true or not is focussed against the Brexit party and virtually none against the other parties. To me that shows that all parties are fearing the potential success the Brexit party may have.

These elections should never have happened, things should have been sorted by now and we should have left the EU on the original date set.

We can agree on one thing - this situation should never have happened. Where we disagree is that I think we should never have declared A50. You can't bet the economic prosperity of a nation on a non binding referendum.

We can agree on one thing - this situation should never have happened. Where we disagree is that I think we should never have declared A50. You can't bet the economic prosperity of a nation on a non binding referendum.

So the Mps screwed up then.....

It can't be slander if it's true...... it's the perfect defence.

Very strange argument to stand behind.

He is a politician.... he lies.

Who cares if he made his money on the markets?

Who cares his kids have duel nationality?

How many people don't like their employer?

Where he puts his money is his choice, just like you.

What have the other party leaders got to lose in an election that means nothing if we leave?

If the law has been broken, a magistrate or judge determine the sentence as appropriate.

Well it goes through the Police and the CPS first who will take into account whether it is in the public interest to charge.

My point is that prosecuting these people achieves nothing.

Archived