onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

You should be first in the queue with the dribble you write.Nobody dismisses the writes of the 17.4 but what sort of deal did they want, sure they did not all want a No Deal. Anyway all will be sorted out in the People's vote.

He's not the only one to do it. Several on this thread commenting and advocating for remain should have been banned from the site by now

Double standards

Advert

You should be first in the queue with the dribble you write.Nobody dismisses the writes of the 17.4 but what sort of deal did they want, sure they did not all want a No Deal. Anyway all will be sorted out in the People's vote.

Do you mean 'Rights'

They wanted out of the single market and the custom union they wanted out of the EU

The referendum question was In or out of the EU...not 'what deal we want' No dribble there pure fact...and I did it without having to resort to derogatory remarks...that's the difference in class between the leave posters on here and the loser remainers.

Attacking the poster again.

So exactly which laws do you disagree with. From what I've read the UK is planning to adopt many laws from the EU when it leaves as they're better than current UK laws, specifically pension and employment laws.

I myself was a victim of the poor UK pension laws where our company rogered us but couldn't touch the Germans who were covered by EU law.

So exactly which laws do you disagree with. From what I've read the UK is planning to adopt many laws from the EU when it leaves as they're better than current UK laws, specifically pension and employment laws.

I myself was a victim of the poor UK pension laws where our company rogered us but couldn't touch the Germans who were covered by EU law.

You can pick little sweeties that suit your agenda.

How about, Paul, the law where Migrants can claim child benefit for children NOT even in the UK?

Do you think as a decent human being that is a law to celebrate when we have our own working class children going weeks without proper food when their parents have to rely on foodbanks???

It's a fair point and one that I've been trying to push on here.

The problem is a lot of folk are not open to change or dare admit that they might be mistaken or that another poster has made a valid point.

We all see things through our own biased eyes - me included - but as I said above I voted out in 1975 but have come to recognise the benefits overall of being in the EU against a leap into the unknown into a world that no longer exists.

There are lots of valid points mate..... there are lots of valid counter points too.... that's where it comes unstuck.... the problem is that promises have been made and are now being renaged on..... in or out...... no customs union.... no chr...... no dictating eurocrats ... etc... that's what was promised and it can't simply be sidestepped because they all promised it.

Do you mean 'Rights'

They wanted out of the single market and the custom union they wanted out of the EU

The fact is, many of those proposing Leave during the campaign did NOT promise that. Owen Patterson said "Only a madman would leave the single market" for starters. Nigel Farage, on more than one occasions, praised the Norway option with its customs union access to the single market. Daniel Hannan who was a leading light in Vote Leave said "Absolutely no one is talking about threatening our place in the single market".

The Leavers said quite clearly that leaving the EU would not mean leaving the single market yet now they are insisting that must happen. If they can change their minds, why can't everyone else?

Guest TommyMac

The Leavers said quite clearly that leaving the EU would not mean leaving the single market yet now they are insisting that must happen. If they can change their minds, why can't everyone else?

Because half an hour after the result of a second referendum people may have changed their minds so we would need another.

Because half an hour after the result of a second referendum people may have changed their minds so we would need another.

I don't want a second referendum. It would be nice though, if the Leavers stuck to what they said in the referendum campaign.

The fact is, many of those proposing Leave during the campaign did NOT promise that. Owen Patterson said "Only a madman would leave the single market" for starters. Nigel Farage, on more than one occasions, praised the Norway option with its customs union access to the single market. Daniel Hannan who was a leading light in Vote Leave said "Absolutely no one is talking about threatening our place in the single market".

There's been a lot of re-written history from both sides of the argument. In all truth, I don't think anyone could have foreseen all the various issues that have become so apparent during the negotiation process. Some of us without being privvy to all the myriad details, were at least more objective in assuming that after more than 40 years of membership of the Common Market and then the EU it was obviously going to be very difficult and complicated to extract ourselves from all the laws, regulations and treaties built up over those many years--and no, I'm not being wise after the event, I did predict that it would be far more difficult than the arch-brexiteeers were predicting. To balance that statement, I did also say that some of the scare tactic statistics were also far-fetched. However I can also honestly say that I always felt that it would take years not months to extricate ourselves from the closely-knit alignment we've had for years with the EU. The fact that the nation was so closely split in its views is only being replicated in parliament--it's a circle that never be quite squared!!

This is called a reciprocal agreement which means that UK Nationals can do the same.it actually predates the EU.

It’s main use was for Pensions originally.

If you don’t like ‘migrants” stop watching football and definitely don’t get so ill you need a hospital.

People are using foodbanks because the TORY Government brought in Universal Credit which is paid at a lower rate than tax credits and not paid for 5 weeks.

You can pick little sweeties that suit your agenda.

How about, Paul, the law where Migrants can claim child benefit for children NOT even in the UK?

Do you think as a decent human being that is a law to celebrate when we have our own working class children going weeks without proper food when their parents have to rely on foodbanks???

Hmm and what were the leading remainiacs saying?

Archived