Jump to content
Davebrad

Brexit again...

Recommended Posts

United Kingdom's exports 2017 by country

Top export destinations of commodities from United Kingdom in 2017:

USA with a share of 13.3% (59 billion US$)

Germany with a share of 10.5% (46 billion US$)

France with a share of 6.87% (30 billion US$)

Netherlands with a share of 6.23% (27 billion US$)

Ireland with a share of 5.67% (25 billion US$)

China with a share of 4.83% (21 billion US$)

Switzerland with a share of 4.58% (20 billion US$)

Belgium with a share of 4.01% (17.7 billion US$)

Spain with a share of 3.04% (13.4 billion US$)

Italy with a share of 2.98% (13.2 billion US$)

 

I don't suppose the % have changed much since then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a fun video but it doesn't say why we should be staying in the EU?

It points out a potential reason why leaving may benefit the wealthy elite but even that isn't certain as it would depend on policy changes of the government, and we would get to decide who governs us.

It uses a few tired old arguments that were around pre-2016 and didn't stop people voting leave and completely skips over some important issues.

And you can't wash over the sovereignty issue by saying "the majority of laws..." or "99%...." sovereignty is by definition black or white, you either have it you don't. And we know from the clear evidence of EU admissions and EU court findings that they are sovereign over the UK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

It is obvious why a lot of people want to stay n the EU. The facts have been very clearly made, the problem is they can't burst inside your bubble.

The counter argument could be that remainers can't burst their bubble to get out..... bad attempt at irony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

It is obvious why a lot of people want to stay n the EU. The facts have been very clearly made, the problem is they can't burst inside your bubble.

Not really any facts though are there? Just guesses that the economy will be worse and that is about it really.

No one is standing up and saying that the EU is the best we can possibly do, yet they are telling us that leaving it is the worst we can possibly do. So tell me why the EU is the best case scenario for the UK?

Especially as most political predicitions see the EU moving closer and closer to being a super state which the UK has been at odds with for decades. We simply do not want that but are powerless to stop it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Try this. Another knave and a fool no doubt. It's very short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U42dSMqO-tU

I don't suppose he knows what he's talking about, do you?

 

 

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Try this. Another knave and a fool no doubt. It's very short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U42dSMqO-tU

I don't suppose he knows what he's talking about, do you?

 

This is what RB will say, no facts, just another Project Fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TheSage said:

Try this. Another knave and a fool no doubt. It's very short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U42dSMqO-tU

I don't suppose he knows what he's talking about, do you?

 

Well he was a physicist and a cosmologist so you'll have explain why he is qualified to be referenced in a video like this...

Also we voted to leave in 2016, this video didn't work then and it doesn't work now. 

More remainer platitudes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine he knows more about higher education, science,and innovation in the UK, research and development, students' opportunities to study abroad, and a whole host of other sensible and relevant reasons why we should remain in the UK, than you or I. I think his opinion is worth taking seriously.

I'd say that intelligence is about taking the best advice, weighing up the evidence and not choosing a path that is very costly and a complete leap in the dark when we already have marvellous benefits and an economy that is the envy of the world by belonging to the biggest and best market there is anywhere on god's earth. Intelligence is not putting all this success and prosperity at risk by wasting untold billions on a wanton act of self harm.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

I would imagine he knows more about higher education, science,and innovation in the UK, research and development, students' opportunities to study abroad, and a whole host of other sensible and relevant reasons why we should remain in the UK, than you or I. I think his opinion is worth taking seriously.

I'd say that intelligence is about taking the best advice, weighing up the evidence and not choosing a path that is very costly and a complete leap in the dark when we already have marvellous benefits and an economy that is the envy of the world by belonging to the biggest and best market there is anywhere on god's earth. Intelligence is not putting all this success and prosperity at risk by wasting untold billions on a wanton act of self harm.

 

Sage, I hope you are not seriously suggesting that Mr Hawking knows more about the current situation than RB!!

Two other points to note today, 1 The pound has slid again. 2 PSA give a warning that if the UK does not secure a suitable departure from the EU it will pull Vauxhall production out of the EU.  Or is this just Project Fear, or another unsubstantiated fact.  Meanwhile the Buffoon tours the U.K. throwing millions around trying to bribe us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much money should be spent on the Buffoon`s 1,000,000 to 1 shot, apart from his circus tour.   Why didn't the ring master with his top hat go with him or was he juggling his commas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How much money should be spent on the Buffoon`s 1,000,000 to 1 shot, apart from his circus tour.   Why didn't the ring master with his top hat go with him or was he juggling his commas?

£39billion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheSage said:

I'm sorry if you didn't understand what he was saying. Put your head back in the sand.

Ah ok, so yet again I ask you a question and yet again you avoid it like the plague. There is a pattern here.

Get your head out of the sand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Sage, I hope you are not seriously suggesting that Mr Hawking knows more about the current situation than RB!!

Two other points to note today, 1 The pound has slid again. 2 PSA give a warning that if the UK does not secure a suitable departure from the EU it will pull Vauxhall production out of the EU.  Or is this just Project Fear, or another unsubstantiated fact.  Meanwhile the Buffoon tours the U.K. throwing millions around trying to bribe us. 

Amazing how you don't see a private company threatening the UK into doing something they want us to do as a threat but you do see a PM announcing some brilliant policies as bribing the public.

And I do take car manufacterers comments on politics with a pinch of salt considering their whole industry is suffering generally at the moment. Brexit may be the straw but there's plenty of other more significant factors if they choose to leave the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy