onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Infrastructure does not come cheap

At what price? How long's a piece of string? I know let's shut a few more bank branches..a few more potholes in the road won't make a difference, a few more hikes in council tax...a few more homeless on our streets and crime rocketing through the roof

Oh hang on...

Advert

How is the UK Parliament sovereign when we don't have the ability to control our own borders?

Just remind me how this is the case, given that neither we nor Ireland joined Shengen? If you can, provide evidence that the unwaged are coming here other than as dependents of someone paying UK income tax.

By the way, you won't.

At what price? How long's a piece of string? I know let's shut a few more bank branches..a few more potholes in the road won't make a difference, a few more hikes in council tax...a few more homeless on our streets and crime rocketing through the roof

Oh hang on...

It is a government function to provide infrastructure for the countries needs, where it is needed. It is up to the electorate to challenge it and not use the EU as the scapegoat.

How is the UK Parliament sovereign when we don't have the ability to control our own borders?
Of course we control our borders, we are surrounded by water, we don't need walls to stop people. Everyone needs a passport or EU ID to legally enter the country, some none EU countries may require visas as well. Whether we patrol our shores and inspect lorries and containers adequately is a UK govt decision, as are our asylum quotas.

It is a government function to provide infrastructure for the countries needs, where it is needed. It is up to the electorate to challenge it and not use the EU as the scapegoat.

No one is using the EU as a scapegoat in regards to domestic policy however being in the EU has a knock on effect whether you care to admit it or not

Being in the EU affects our domestic policies as infrastructure that you bleat on about is dictated by the huge increases of immigration to industrial areas like Stoke on Trent which in turn affects budgets in Local services and health services.

As usual an arrogant Remainer telling me how to interpret things. Wake up

Just remind me how this is the case, given that neither we nor Ireland joined Shengen? If you can, provide evidence that the unwaged are coming here other than as dependents of someone paying UK income tax.

By the way, you won't.

Can we deny a European citizen access to this country if we wanted to?

No one is using the EU as a scapegoat in regards to domestic policy however being in the EU has a knock on effect whether you care to admit it or not

Being in the EU affects our domestic policies as infrastructure that you bleat on about is dictated by the huge increases of immigration to industrial areas like Stoke on Trent which in turn affects budgets in Local services and health services.

As usual an arrogant Remainer telling me how to interpret things. Wake up

That is a failing of the UK govt for not managing the changes within the country no matter how they happen, called austerity. What is the % of immigration in Stoke on Trent? 90% of new jobs are created in the South, that is the problem.

Of course we control our borders, we are surrounded by water, we don't need walls to stop people. Everyone needs a passport or EU ID to legally enter the country, some none EU countries may require visas as well. Whether we patrol our shores and inspect lorries and containers adequately is a UK govt decision, as are our asylum quotas.

So you are telling me that we can turn anyone away based on our own immigration policy, debated by our wonderfully sovereign and democratic Parliament, whom we elected and therefore support said policy, regardless of where they come from?

Or, can a foreign Government tell us who we have to accept, for how long and for what reasons or else we are subject to their courts?

Can we deny a European citizen access to this country if we wanted to?
Of course we can, they have to be going to a job, or find one within 3 months, or be self-sufficient. Tourists are allowed in for holiday visits, students on courses etc. they show passports or EU IDs

So you are telling me that we can turn anyone away based on our own immigration policy, debated by our wonderfully sovereign and democratic Parliament, whom we elected and therefore support said policy, regardless of where they come from?

Or, can a foreign Government tell us who we have to accept, for how long and for what reasons or else we are subject to their courts?

We are currently in a free trade system with the EU, with other countries such as India we agree the number of visas as part of mutual Trade deals. We of course let in as many multi-millionaires that want to come in.

We are currently in a free trade system with the EU, with other countries such as India we agree the number of visas as part of mutual Trade deals. We of course let in as many multi-millionaires that want to come in.

Ok, so if we want to restrict the amount of of EU nationals that can come to this country and look for work, lets say to protect the interests of our own citizens (the very point of having a UK Government) then that is ok is it?

https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/institutions-bodies/court-justice_en

Some very strange language on this website considering I live in the UK and I'm being told that UK law is sovereign.

"enforcing the law (infringement proceedings) – this type of case is taken against a national government for failing to comply with EU law. Can be started by the European Commission or another EU country. If the country is found to be at fault, it must put things right at once, or risk a second case being brought, which may result in a fine."

It's there, official website of the CJEU. Part of their role is to ensure that the UK complies with EU law. If the UK is found to be at fault we must put things right at once or else we could end up being fined.

It doesn't sound very sovereign to me that there is a higher authority outside of the UK that can punish us when we don't do what they say?

This is also doesn't sound much like a trade deal to me?

This sounds like the EU are actually the supreme authority for UK citizens.

Archived