Brexit again...

What would they think then if we left with no deal? This was the problem with the first referendum; it was a vote on what was then an abstract concept. Even then the likes of Farage told us we'd get a deal. Assuming tomorrow's vote goes the way of the other two what are those who believed we'd get one to think?

The question on the ballot paper was Leave or Remain...what do you think leaving the EU meant? Leave means leave

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geosname

• Fosse69

• For Us All

• Regal Beagle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't accept the narrative that the EU is destroying our sovereignty and is any more anti-democratic than a country that has just elected a PM based on less than 0.01% the electorate, including 15 y

I don't agree.  There are a considerable number of male MPs who talk utter rubbish and don't know what they're talking about.  Andrew Bridgen for example, was on Radio 5 telling the world that as an E

This is reaching the stage of two bald blokes arguing over a comb. Tweak May’s backstop, put it back to the Commons, vote without three line whips and get it done. 

Posted Images

The grubby technology used for Trumps campaign was tested in the EU referendum. It worked. Both campaigns were corrupt

Most people had already made their mind up before the campaigning began and Cameron knew this. No referendum meant he would have lost thousands of votes to UKIP

There have been wars started over much less then a tyrannical abuse of government power - which is arguably the most extreme form of violence in history.

So if brexit doesn’t happen, you would want a war and the death of remainers, even though a new vote may show more want to Stay? You’d prefer a war to decide if that was right or not , instead of a vote. You were calling remainers vindictive?

So if brexit doesn’t happen, you would want a war and the death of remainers, even though a new vote may show more want to Stay? You’d prefer a war to decide if that was right or not , instead of a vote. You were calling remainers vindictive?

ANDY?! :laugh:

Please calm down.

I've categorically said that I am against all forms of violence, I actually can't quite believe what you are accusing me of here.

Discussions in parliament.... 2 petitions.

1... 160,000 want another referendum.

2... 165,000 want the original referendum honoured.

Does that count as a poll?.... or an indicator?

It certainly suggests there hasn't been a massive swing to remain.

It could be a war of attrition mate...... a bit like what's going on inside parliament at the moment.

ANDY?! :laugh:

Please calm down.

I've categorically said that I am against all forms of violence, I actually can't quite believe what you are accusing me of here.

I’m making a point. You’ve taken off the cuff comments by myself and just from another person, and latched on to them. And then didn’t let go when explained what it was. I know you wouldn’t want an actual civil war. People make off the cuff comments to make a point sometimes. You seem to take what everyone else says literally.

I’m making a point. You’ve taken off the cuff comments by myself and just from another person, and latched on to them. And then didn’t let go when explained what it was. I know you wouldn’t want an actual civil war. People make off the cuff comments to make a point sometimes. You seem to take what everyone else says literally.

You were putting words in my mouth.

I never said I wanted a civil war. I never said what I meant by "war". I never said I wanted to harm anyone (I actually said the direct opposite).

I don't believe I've done that.

In fact, I was quoting someone who had called for extreme state violence to be used against people who voted to leave should we leave with no deal. Pretty horrendous opinion if that is honestly held.

There will be riots if we don't leave. That's not me making a thread, condoning or supporting it. It's an observation and a prediction.

Vicki Young@BBCVickiYoung

Many think we’re heading for a General Election. Not hard to imagine what Tory leaflets will be saying in Labour leave areas if their MPs vote against this today. #brexit.

Will depend on peoples priorities, more important what Labour leaflets say about Housing, NHS, Education, Crime, services etc. Who people believe, who the leaders are. But for another day, one day at a time in the present world.

Mervyn king, ex governor of the bank of England, says there would NOT be an economic impact of brexit in the long term.
One thing is for sure, he like me will not be about in the long time, especially Mogg`s 50 years.

Will depend on peoples priorities, more important what Labour leaflets say about Housing, NHS, Education, Crime, services etc. Who people believe, who the leaders are. But for another day, one day at a time in the present world.

That's just wishful thinking mate...... it will all be about brexit..... who promised what and why they didn't honour it..... from all sides..

People don't forget that quickly.... the GE will be called because of brexit..... fought around brexit.... won and lost because of brexit..... and ALL return..... to brexit.

That's just wishful thinking mate...... it will all be about brexit..... who promised what and why they didn't honour it..... from all sides..

People don't forget that quickly.... the GE will be called because of brexit..... fought around brexit.... won and lost because of brexit..... and ALL return..... to brexit.

Will have to wait and see what happens, some people consider remain would win the next referendum, maybe the economy will come back as a priority.

Absolutely shocking comment by Joanna Cherry of the SNP arguing with a tory MP minutes ago shouting 'Perhaps you would like to go and join the mob outside' (Referring to the Brexiteers marches and protests)

Utter contempt by the Scottish nationals is such it has become intolerable. I can bet she didn't comment on the Re,main march in the same way. Disgusting way to describe what are really thousands of decent minded people.