onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Please write them out.

There's literally too many. I've made a list in post 5517 if you scroll up a bit.

I had forgotten a few though so here is some more:

Nick Clegg's claim that an EU army was a dangerous fantasy - lie

Job losses as a result of a leave vote? - lie

The UK is sovereign already - lie

The UK can manage our own immigration policy inside of the EU - lie

Brexit recession as a result of a leave vote? - lie

Brexit voters are uneducated - lie

Brexit is damaging to young people - lie

A second referendum would change the result - lie

A second referendum is not undemocratic - lie

We have no leverage in negotiations - lie

The EU are laughing at us - lie

The EU is not undemocratic - lie

Brexit voters want to kick out foreign NHS workers - lie

Advert

Would you consider George Osbournes claim that every house in Britain will be £4,300 worse off if we vote leave to be a lie?

He actually said £4,300 worse off by 2030 so heaven knows if it was wrong, a lie or true. We won't know until 2030. And as you have predicted pain after Brexit he may well turn out to be right!

How about his claim that we would need an emergency budget upon voting leave?

He may well have introduced one but as he was sacked as Chancellor soon after we will never know. We have had huge amounts of govt cash hived off to Brexit related planning so it had to come from somewhere.

How about the vast majority of economic predictions made by the treasury upon a leave vote being returned?

Such as?

The union breaking up? That was a lie

Tell that to the SNP who may disagree with you.

A hard irish border or a reversal of the good friday agreement? That was a lie

The Irish border issue has been the main sticking point of any deal simply because the EU refuse to accept an open border.

How about the Cameron/Obama threats that we'd be at the back of the queue for a trade deal? lie.

How can you say it was a lie when we haven't left yet and heaven only knows what that maniac in the White House will do.

Brexit caused a spike in crimes against non UK nationals? lie.

Was it? The stats suggest it wasn't

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/03/19/hate-crime-did-spike-after-the-referendum-even-allowing-for-other-factors/

Nick Clegg saying that the result will be final and must be respected? lie

Not sure how that is a lie.

The leave side were brainwashed by lies? lie

We didn't know what we voted for? lie

Leave is in anyway linked to racism? lie

You're just being silly now. These are opinions and are neither right or wrong.

Remain and Leave are both liars, it's up to everyone to read the information and make a judgement on the truth for themselves. It's what I've done, and it's clearly what you have done whether or not you can see it or are willing to admit it.

I've seen it and admitted it. Not sure you have from what you've written on here.

Geo, with respect mate, you have an awful lot to say on this issue when you are one of the few people on here it won't directly effect??

I'm surprised at you Jean, your arguments are usually much better than that.

At the extreme no one can argue about brexit because it hasn't effected them yet because it hasn't been implimented yet.

I have children, grandchildren and great grandchildren living in the UK, doesn't that afford me a view?

I'm surprised at you Jean, your arguments are usually much better than that.

At the extreme no one can argue about brexit because it hasn't effected them yet because it hasn't been implimented yet.

I have children, grandchildren and great grandchildren living in the UK, doesn't that afford me a view?

Sorry, mate. Just got a bit carried away. How does your family in the UK feel about it all?

House prices are now dropping nationally

EU immigration is manageable, other countries without borders do, we are surrounded with water so no need to build a wall.

That's good news about house prices, now my young relatives will be able to get on the housing letter.

Yes we are surrounded by water, but have you ever heard of boats, inflatables, dingies etc which appear dumped on a beach in the middle of the night? Plenty of people on the south coast have.

It's odd that you and your ilk home in on her. The current PM and previous Home Sec created a policy where people were rounded up and deported back to countries they had never been to, some dying as a result. She described this as a ******* 'mistake'. But, yeah, you keep sneering at the trail blazing black woman because she forgot a number whilst suffering from undiagnosed diabetes. Anything you level at her could equally be levelled at many many other politicians but it's always her name that's been brought up. This one woman received almost half of all abusive tweets sent in the run up to the last election. What is it about her that gets you so riled? I really can't imagine.

One of the whackiest posts I've ever read on here. I can't stand the woman, the thought of her being in Government fills me with horror and its nothing at all to do with her colour. It's due to her double standards when she sent her son to private school after castigating anyone else who did. Her fiddling of expences and fees earnt from appearing on the BBC. Her refusal to admit that knife crime in London is a problem, and her utter stupidity when quoting figures. Her approval of the IRA and other terrorist organisations wasn't too brilliant either, to name just a few reasons.

63% didn't vote to leave, for various reasons, the only way to know is for another referendum when the politicians make their minds up on what Brexit means. We cannot just leave there are too many ties. It was only an advisory referendum, Cameron made a blunder and resigned on the spot, his words count for nothing. Parliament is sovereign, if you don't like the Government vote them out.

Again, another weak argument is that it was advisory. Everybody that voted that day believed they were voting Remain or Leave. That is it. David Cameron resigned because he lost. He didn't want to lead the UK into something he didn't believe in. There should be no other referendum, the only way to f8nd out has already been found out. Another referendum would be the abolishment of democracy forever. Every single polling day after a potential second vote would be a farce. Their would be riots. Our best option is to leave with no deal. I am impartial but it is what was votes for.

I visited Germany for work training from Australia earlier this year and loved how I could waltz through customs as a European. I love Europe. But the vote result spoke for itself.

Project Fear.

Maybe, I don't know really. You can only anticipate what the effect of broken democracy will bring. But here is more project fear:

Leaving the EU will lead to job losses, higher cost of living blah blah blah. For every argument there is a counter argument. The only argument that stands is the 52%-48% split on the referendum.

My political compass test a few years ago, maybe 15 years ago when someone posted a test on here was that I was bang in the middle of the cross. I am a fair judge and grown a lot since my younger days. The referendum result has to stand.

Sorry, mate. Just got a bit carried away. How does your family in the UK feel about it all?

No need for sorry Jean, no offence taken.

It's a 4 way mix I think.... leave, remain, don't give a toss either way and just get on with it... most choosing 2 of the four.

Personally, like I've stated before, I would have prefered to remain... even if the only reason was because my £ notes are worth over 25% less than before the referendum... there are more reasons... and even though I didn't like the way the EU was heading.

I'd happily be in favour of another vote in 15-20 years time. I actually think that all EU nations would benefit from a referendum every 20 years or so, a lot can change in that time.

Indeed Regal. As I read it. in 20 years time China and India will be more economically powerful than the US of A, with the EU membership fighting amongst themselves to trade alone with the 2 superpowers.

He actually said £4,300 worse off by 2030 so heaven knows if it was wrong, a lie or true. We won't know until 2030. And as you have predicted pain after Brexit he may well turn out to be right!

Well his actual prediction said that we'd be better off still than we are now, but £4,300 worse off than if we remain, but thats not how he presented it. Furthermore, the way he reached that figure is so disingenuous. He basically completely fabricated it out of nowhere. It was a lie designed to scare the public into voting for his side. The only difference is that he didn't print it on the side of a bus, which is important because everyone knows that's how make a legally binding statement.

He may well have introduced one but as he was sacked as Chancellor soon after we will never know. We have had huge amounts of govt cash hived off to Brexit related planning so it had to come from somewhere.

He said we would need one, not that he would introduce one. We didn't need one, we haven't had one. That makes him either wrong, or a liar, but we all know why he said it, to scare people into voting for remain.

Tell that to the SNP who may disagree with you.

Tell that to the Scottish electorate. The SNP lost 21 seats and 500k votes in 2017. It was a lie designed to scare people into voting for remain.

The Irish border issue has been the main sticking point of any deal simply because the EU refuse to accept an open border.

That's up to the EU. ROI, NI and the UK don't want a hard border. Maybe Ireland should leave the EU as well rather than Brussels telling them what they can and can't do? It's almost as if they are not sovereign over their own border?

How can you say it was a lie when we haven't left yet and heaven only knows what that maniac in the White House will do.

Well considering his record as President and the booming economy he is creating, I'm pretty sure he will want to trade with us as quickly as possible. The trouble is that he is a negotiator and he will chew May up.

The stats are based on "hate" crimes which are completely made up. I could rob a bank and Mr H could report it as a hate crime because Diane Abbot has an account at that bank. It's completely meaningless as a stat and therefore anyone who truly claims that actual physical attacks on non UK citizens increased because of brexit is a liar.

Archived