Brexit again...

I don't think it is taken out of context at all. It's gaslighting.

Access to the single market involves hammering out fine details like non-tariff borders, food standards, things like that. This is what May was trying to sort out at Chequers.

No, they literally all said that we still want access to the single market, but not if it meant free movement of people.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geosname

• Fosse69

• For Us All

• Regal Beagle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't accept the narrative that the EU is destroying our sovereignty and is any more anti-democratic than a country that has just elected a PM based on less than 0.01% the electorate, including 15 y

I don't agree.  There are a considerable number of male MPs who talk utter rubbish and don't know what they're talking about.  Andrew Bridgen for example, was on Radio 5 telling the world that as an E

This is reaching the stage of two bald blokes arguing over a comb. Tweak May’s backstop, put it back to the Commons, vote without three line whips and get it done. 

Posted Images

We won't be able to export certain things into the EU as a third country like we can now. They would have to be checked at the border.

It's more project fear ultra worse case scenario rubbish.

How on earth does any country manage to import and export? This is what the negotiations should be for. How can we LEAVE but also MAINTAIN the most mutually beneficial relationship with the EU (the caveat being that we must do so from a position OUTSIDE of the EU).

What it's been turned into is how can we stay in the EU but dress it up as brexit.

I'm extremely confident that logic and reason would win, again.

It will be a gross miss use of power for a Government to stall and intentionally **** democracy up so badly that the people change their minds. I cannot believe anyone would actually wish for that to happen.

What happens next time a big issue comes up and you are on the winning side? Would you be happy for the policy to be sabotaged until the people vote against it again?

Haha it's not like a remoaner to tell people what they care and don't care about (and get it wrong).

Yes they clearly weren't going to accept that, like I said, that should have been our starting position in negotiations. Didn't you think to read my post fully before commenting?

If you've just said they were never going to accept that, why would it be your starting position in negotiations?

Ohhh right

So they wanted to keep it the same but also make it better?

The EU is clearly not open to that idea. That is fantasy. The UK operating as a sovereign nation is not.

The EU, like any organisation, changes over time. The UK has changed constantly through time.

The fantasy is to think we'll be better off outside the EU and certainly the single market. The world is not going to go backwards to independent, individual societies doing their own thing in isolation, not unless there's a rise in states like North Korea and even they're trying to come in from the cold. We live in a global economy, like it or not, and we isolate ourselves from that at our peril. You may wish it, I don't, I consider it small minded foolishness of the highest order, a position you obviously have the inverse view of.

It's more project fear ultra worse case scenario rubbish.

How on earth does any country manage to import and export? This is what the negotiations should be for. How can we LEAVE but also MAINTAIN the most mutually beneficial relationship with the EU (the caveat being that we must do so from a position OUTSIDE of the EU).

What it's been turned into is how can we stay in the EU but dress it up as brexit.

That would be cakeism.

Signing up to a common rulebook for goods, especially FMCG, makes sense if you're exporting into the EU. It prevents checks and delays at ports while food can be stood there going off. The downside to that from the Brexiters' point of view is that it means signing up to a set of rules, food standards and that, which could prevent other trade deals with countries such as the USA who would want us to import non-compliant goods such as chlorinated chicken.

So that's the circle that May is trying to square. A trade deal with the EU will involve some sort of continued regulatory alignment or else we will have to be treated as a third country in many respects.

Full control of our democracy,our borders and our money.

And right there FUA is the hole that Brexiteers have fallen in to, the UK does not exist in a vacuum, it exists in a real world and that real world is beginning to look less desirable than the one it's about to leave.

BJ and DD have obviously come to the conclusion that TM's Brexit deal is not what they or majority of voters wanted.

Good on them for realising that she is not up to the job.

Get Jacob in,at least he's on the side of the Brexiteers.

If they thought she wasn't up for the Brexit job why didn't they call a spill and challenge her for PM? :unsure:

I doubt any of the political parties want to handle brexit... it's a wilderness job no matter how it goes down.

The people voted out... there were no terms and conditions... just out.

It's political suicide no matter how it goes or who takes over to do it.

I doubt any of the political parties want to handle brexit... it's a wilderness job no matter how it goes down.

The people voted out... there were no terms and conditions... just out.

It's political suicide no matter how it goes or who takes over to do it.

Which is why the other parties are keeping their distance. The tories created this problem, let them fall on their sword as the voters who got us in this mess get angry that their pipe dream doesn’t come into fruition, and those that didn’t want it punish them for the grossest act of national self harm possible.

Imagine thinking, in a globalised world, that it is feasible to retain 'all control of our own laws and borders' without a disruption to trade and the economy.

Its absolutely hilarious to see Brexiteers slowly come to the realisation that they've ballsed it.

Cheers lads. I've made my peace with Brexit, and its lovely to see you all realise that Brexit was a poor, flawed idea to begin with.