onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Do you have any examples from the "many" politicians you reference?

Just a quick trawl brings these up. There'll be many more out there.

Leave.Eu - "We Didn't win two world wars to be pushed around by a kraut."

Daniel Kawczynski, the Conservative MP for Shrewsbury

"Britain helped to liberate half of Europe,” Kawczynski wrote. “She mortgaged herself up to eye balls in process. No Marshall Plan for us only for Germany. We gave up war reparations in 1990. We put £370 billion into EU since we joined. Watch the way ungrateful EU treats us now. We will remember.”

he has chosen to stand by his comment, saying: “There are many people in this country who want to whitewash the sacrifice that Britain has made over generations for Europe.” So far, his tweet has received over 8,000 likes and has been retweeted over 3,100 times.

Mark Francois, MP for for Rayleigh and Wickford, described the Airbus chief, Tom Enders, of being possessed of “teutonic arrogance” after Enders issued a warning over the company’s future in the UK in the event of no deal. Francois added: “My father, Reginald Francois, was a D Day veteran. He never submitted to bullying by any German and neither will his son.”

In 2002, an anti-euro campaign in the U.K. ran a commercial featuring comedian Rik Mayall as Hitler agitating for “Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Euro” (“One people, one empire, one euro”). It was roundly criticized as tasteless, but it found a defender in a Conservative backbencher named Boris Johnson. He wrote a column in the Daily Telegraph insisting the ad was “harmless” and “light-hearted” — and he claimed Hitler had “everything to do with the euro” because he wanted the occupied countries of Europe to function as an economic union.

David Davis, suggested that “our civil service can cope with World War II. It can easily cope with this”.

"The European Union is pursuing a similar goal to Hitler in trying to create a powerful superstate, Boris Johnson says.In a dramatic interview with the Telegraph, he warns that while bureaucrats in Brussels are using “different methods” from the Nazi dictator, they share the aim of unifying Europe under one “authority”.

William Cash

"I want to start by simply outlining that, contrary to what the hon. Member for North East Fife (Stephen Gethins) has just suggested about there being weak arguments for why we should leave the EU and repeal the European Communities Act 1972, it is absolutely essential that we do so if we are going to have a self-respecting, self-governing democratic country. The Bill and this whole issue are about one main question, namely democracy, which is what everything else necessarily flows from. All the economic arguments and questions relating to trade and other matters are ultimately dependent on the question of whether we have the right to govern ourselves in this sacred House of Commons. That is the basis on which the people of this country make decisions, of their own free choice, in general elections—whether it is to vote for the Labour party, the Liberal Democrats, the SNP or the Conservative party—and then a decision is made in this House as to how they will be governed.

I repeat what I have said: we have just had Remembrance Day. I simply want people to reflect for one moment on the fact that those millions of people who died in both world wars died for a reason. It was to do with sustaining the freedom and democracy of this House."

1 hour ago, hillmanhunter said:

"Britain helped to liberate half of Europe,” Kawczynski wrote. “She mortgaged herself up to eye balls in process. No Marshall Plan for us only for Germany. We gave up war reparations in 1990. We put £370 billion into EU since we joined. Watch the way ungrateful EU treats us now. We will remember.”

he has chosen to stand by his comment, saying: “There are many people in this country who want to whitewash the sacrifice that Britain has made over generations for Europe.” So far, his tweet has received over 8,000 likes and has been retweeted over 3,100 times.

Mark Francois, MP for for Rayleigh and Wickford, described the Airbus chief, Tom Enders, of being possessed of “teutonic arrogance” after Enders issued a warning over the company’s future in the UK in the event of no deal. Francois added: “My father, Reginald Francois, was a D Day veteran. He never submitted to bullying by any German and neither will his son.”

In 2002, an anti-euro campaign in the U.K. ran a commercial featuring comedian Rik Mayall as Hitler agitating for “Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Euro” (“One people, one empire, one euro”). It was roundly criticized as tasteless, but it found a defender in a Conservative backbencher named Boris Johnson. He wrote a column in the Daily Telegraph insisting the ad was “harmless” and “light-hearted” — and he claimed Hitler had “everything to do with the euro” because he wanted the occupied countries of Europe to function as an economic union.

David Davis, suggested that “our civil service can cope with World War II. It can easily cope with this”.

"The European Union is pursuing a similar goal to Hitler in trying to create a powerful superstate, Boris Johnson says.In a dramatic interview with the Telegraph, he warns that while bureaucrats in Brussels are using “different methods” from the Nazi dictator, they share the aim of unifying Europe under one “authority”.

William Cash

"I want to start by simply outlining that, contrary to what the hon. Member for North East Fife (Stephen Gethins) has just suggested about there being weak arguments for why we should leave the EU and repeal the European Communities Act 1972, it is absolutely essential that we do so if we are going to have a self-respecting, self-governing democratic country. The Bill and this whole issue are about one main question, namely democracy, which is what everything else necessarily flows from. All the economic arguments and questions relating to trade and other matters are ultimately dependent on the question of whether we have the right to govern ourselves in this sacred House of Commons. That is the basis on which the people of this country make decisions, of their own free choice, in general elections—whether it is to vote for the Labour party, the Liberal Democrats, the SNP or the Conservative party—and then a decision is made in this House as to how they will be governed.

I repeat what I have said: we have just had Remembrance Day. I simply want people to reflect for one moment on the fact that those millions of people who died in both world wars died for a reason. It was to do with sustaining the freedom and democracy of this House."

apart from rik mayall item who I dont like, everyone of the statements above is factually true... so what is/was the problem? one of the briish traits is we don't like being told what we can/cannot do,  couple that with having to fight Germany with 2 generations, and them now being europes top country due in no small part to us knocking their country down and the us marshall plan building it back up. Those 2 wars nearly broke this country twice, and we or those of us who were taught this history remember.

The Versailles treaty started the second war, it helped bring hitler to power, he re-built the nation, got people back into work, gave them back a purpose, but and theres always a but, it went to his head and he started believing his own teachings and not what was good for his own people but what he thought was good for them. So I would say he interfered with europes thinking for years to come... the eu have their own flag, own money, individual states are now one, their own European defence union, the eu is king god save the king...

We think we can do better than being in the eu,  we have different ideas now than the eu, if we do fail and I strongly disagree that we will, it wont be for the lack of trying...

5 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

William Cash

Great quotes, not sure how they show that we are "not over" ww2. I'm also not sure how Germany et al are over it. I'm equally unsure what it has to do with brexit and why you are bringing it up.

Finally, I'm not sure we SHOULD 'get over it'. I think the lessons we have and continue to learn from the unbelievable sacrifices made to defeat pure evil are extremely valuable. 

Furthermore, up the mighty brexit. 

12 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

William Cash

Free speech is a wonderful thing, it means you get to air views even if people don't like them.... or some find offensive 

Consider what the UK would be like if the state controled what you could/couldnt/must stay..... consider the next step.... the police ringing you up to tell you to control your thought?

3 hours ago, geosname said:

Free speech is a wonderful thing, it means you get to air views even if people don't like them.... or some find offensive 

Consider what the UK would be like if the state controled what you could/couldnt/must stay..... consider the next step.... the police ringing you up to tell you to control your thought?

It's happening already unfortunately.

3 hours ago, geosname said:

then burning "dangerous literature" that is opposed to the state, ironic that Heine wrote in 1821 "where they burn books, they will in the end, burn human beings too"

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

And there is the absolute crux of the matter. Even the Brexiteers don’t know if it will fail or succeed. 

nor did the man who "made fire", or the one who thought of the wheel, or any of the other inventions that got us to where we are today...if you settle for what you've got, you stagnate. Put your toe in the water it'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

nor did the man who "made fire", or the one who thought of the wheel, or any of the other inventions that got us to where we are today...if you settle for what you've got, you stagnate. Put your toe in the water it'll be fine.

When that guy made fire, there was no alternative for cooking your dinner.  There is an alternative to Brexit!!  And for every guy who made fire there's a South Sea Bubble.

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

When that guy made fire, there was no alternative for cooking your dinner.  There is an alternative to Brexit!!  And for every guy who made fire there's a South Sea Bubble.

till he made fire his dinner was uncooked in any case...he knew no different. There's always something better, you've just got to go and find it...

17 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I wonder how many times he set fire to himself and his mates in the process?

but think of how he felt and his mates, when they ate their first dinosaur chop and dipped their bread in the dripping... I bet he was made man of the bar-b-que...

that's it for now match day, thing to do, people to see and off up the park... come on you whites...

Archived