onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Don’t blame them. Germany would be most manufacturers choice to build a car in Europe, far better equipped than the U.K. but as you say Brexit uncertainty does not help and I am sure this had to be taken in to consideration, another reason why it needs to be sorted out ASAP. 

Pretty well your only concern is the currency rate because it directly effects you. Did you notice the rate go up when it looked like there was a chance Boris’s deal might go through?

Fair comment that Germany would be most manufacturers' choice but being an electric car could have been a tad less of a cert.  My concern is this type of thing will be the norm with all types of manufacturing industries.

Yeh I did.  I bet currency traders are making a mint from the pound/$ at the moment.

Advert

There was a very good chance a few years ago [before this Brexit nonsense] that Tesla would come to the UK. Language ties, the special relationship, and and cultural links made the UK a prime area to build a factory, so if anyone tries to claim that Brexit isn't the main reason why we've lost this venture and 7-10,000 jobs as well then they are being dishonest.

Most investors will want to remain inside the single market for over 500 million customers, with no barriers. If/when we leave the EU we'll immediately be at a big disadvantage.

Tariff barriers will go up and we'll be on the outside of an economic powerhouse with no seat at the table and wondering why we're dropping down the pecking order.

24 minutes ago, TheSage said:

There was a very good chance a few years ago [before this Brexit nonsense] that Tesla would come to the UK. Language ties, the special relationship, and and cultural links made the UK a prime area to build a factory, so if anyone tries to claim that Brexit isn't the main reason why we've lost this venture and 7-10,000 jobs as well then they are being dishonest.

Most investors will want to remain inside the single market for over 500 million customers, with no barriers. If/when we leave the EU we'll immediately be at a big disadvantage.

Tariff barriers will go up and we'll be on the outside of an economic powerhouse with no seat at the table and wondering why we're dropping down the pecking order.

Tesla do tend to talk big and deliver little. Nevertheless I agree. 

15 hours ago, Andyregs said:

I didn’t. I directly quoted you criticising mays deal and also directly quoted you criticising mps for not passing it. 

Everybody criticised May's deal because it was c**p.

The parliament remainers have criticised everything since and will still do to so to stop Brexit happening,which is their main aim.Nothing will be good enough for them.

That's why we are having an election.

19 hours ago, TheSage said:

Tesla going to Berlin shows you what a stupid idea Brexit is and how financially damaging it is to us.

Who would any major manufacturer not prefer free access to a market of 500 million people than risk setting up here with such an uncertain future?

Car manufacturing in this country is close to collapse thanks to Brexit. It makes no economic sense at all.

If the result had been honoured in 2016 we would have been out by now.

Perhaps that would have helped to stop all this uncertainty?

2 minutes ago, For Us All said:

If the result had been honoured in 2016 we would have been out by now.

Perhaps that would have helped to stop all this uncertainty?

How could the result have been honoured in 2016?  The government only had six months after the referendum to trigger Article 50, negotiate a deal and get it through Parliament??  You should offer your services to Boris if you think you could have done that.

13 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Fair comment that Germany would be most manufacturers' choice but being an electric car could have been a tad less of a cert.  My concern is this type of thing will be the norm with all types of manufacturing industries.

Yeh I did.  I bet currency traders are making a mint from the pound/$ at the moment.

You are correct about Germany but this is only their first factory.I would be more worried if Tesla decide to locate their next few factories away from the UK?

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How could the result have been honoured in 2016?  The government only had six months after the referendum to trigger Article 50, negotiate a deal and get it through Parliament??  You should offer your services to Boris if you think you could have done that.

I suppose it was a bit ambitious with this parliament.Perhaps I should have said accepted instead of honoured?

3 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I suppose it was a bit ambitious with this parliament.Perhaps I should have said accepted instead of honoured?

FUA, you keep blaming the so-called remainers for the current chaos but there is absolutely no doubt at all that the hard line ERG were equally culpable in stopping May.  You say her deal was crap - Johnson's is 95% the same yet apparently it isn't crap.  I don't get why the ERG were against one and in favour of the other?

44 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Everybody criticised May's deal because it was c**p.

The parliament remainers have criticised everything since and will still do to so to stop Brexit happening,which is their main aim.Nothing will be good enough for them.

That's why we are having an election.

But you were criticising mps for not passing the bill. So you didn’t want it passed, but they were bad for not passing it? Like I said, the mental gymnastics in order to criticise is becoming a feat in itself.And you wouldn’t support the Boris deal as it’s possibly even worse. But shocker, everyone else who didn’t like it should be criticised too.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

FUA, you keep blaming the so-called remainers for the current chaos but there is absolutely no doubt at all that the hard line ERG were equally culpable in stopping May.  You say her deal was crap - Johnson's is 95% the same yet apparently it isn't crap.  I don't get why the ERG were against one and in favour of the other?

It’s clear his concern isn’t what deal is good or bad. It’s ‘winning’ and criticising those who aren’t on ‘his side’. Little else to offer.

5 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

It’s clear his concern isn’t what deal is good or bad. It’s ‘winning’ and criticising those who aren’t on ‘his side’. Little else to offer.

Winning fairly by a majority of course and then discussing with the opposition why they missed out.

To improve you have to accept criticism,especially on a football forum. 

Archived