onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

3 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Ok lets imagine you get you wish, 0% spent on health tourism . You still havent said how you would revamp/rebuild the NHS, which is what the discussion was about. You got your thing in, but I suppose its asking a bit too much to ask you too offer anything more than one line about foreigners, and actually engage in discussion with any susbstance.

This may be difficult for you to understand but what about spending it on the people who've actually paid into the system for most of their lives.

We are regarded as a bit of a soft touch at the moment from members of the International Health Service who come in from all parts of the world and abuse our system,to which they haven't contributed to.

0.3% would pay for an awful lot of junior doctors and nurses and I think it would be very wasteful to write that amount off every year.

The list is endless of what you can do with this amount of money and it depends on priorities.You could build more hospitals and care homes,spend it on mental care,cancer treatment diabetes etc,etc.

30% of people who go to A&E could have been treated elsewhere,which is also very wasteful.More services could be provided from places such as GP practicies and pharmacies to take the pressures off our hospitals.

This 0.3% which is being dismissed so easily by some is a massive amount of money and will increase each year in line with the NHS budget which is £139billion for 2019/20.

The NHS is an organisation that can never be sorted out with no waiting lists and no delays for operations etc.

When Bevan introduced the concept he could never have dreamt the number of complex issues it deals with to day.

It's not the money that goes into the NHS that's the problem it's the way it's spent.

Politicians should stop using it as a political football,Corbyn will no more provide a better service than Johnson.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

This may be difficult for you to understand but what about spending it on the people who've actually paid into the system for most of their lives.

We are regarded as a bit of a soft touch at the moment from members of the International Health Service who come in from all parts of the world and abuse our system,to which they haven't contributed to.

0.3% would pay for an awful lot of junior doctors and nurses and I think it would be very wasteful to write that amount off every year.

The list is endless of what you can do with this amount of money and it depends on priorities.You could build more hospitals and care homes,spend it on mental care,cancer treatment diabetes etc,etc.

30% of people who go to A&E could have been treated elsewhere,which is also very wasteful.More services could be provided from places such as GP practicies and pharmacies to take the pressures off our hospitals.

This 0.3% which is being dismissed so easily by some is a massive amount of money and will increase each year in line with the NHS budget which is £139billion for 2019/20.

Would have been quicker to just say 'no ive got nothing else to add apart from my foreigners shtick'.

WHat about the UK citizens treated abroad by other countries health system? Health tourism covers those who are not normally resident in the UK, so the numbers include actual UK citizens who come back to the uk for treatment. And it includes governments who reimburse the UK.

Looking at the data form the department of health, they actually put the cost of deliberate health tourism at 60-80 million a year. Less than 0.1% of the budget. Im pretty sure you dont think that will fix the NHS, but as long as other people are worse off then who cares.

Youre gonna revolutionise the NHS FUA

Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 16.27.45.png

21 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

You seem to be presuming I am some sort of supporter of Corbyn and Labour...

You also seem to be offended by the idea that very wealthy people pay there dues rather than pay am accountant to find ways not to, making both them and the accountant wealthier whilst old peoples care homes are closed through lack of finance.

I suggest you have a really hard look at your priorities, because if you think protecting the wealth of the more fortunate is more important than providing adequate care for an aging population then you really need to rethink your whole ethos.

no, just asking if you've a opinion on our jeremys  promise of going after the elite, which from the the TPA's report includes a percentage of unions leaders/officials which are the labour parties sponsors... so will they fall under his/red johns remit?

Also seems a tad remiss of them fighting for raises in the minimal wage, while making ove £3-4000 a week, and I might be a little sceptical but I wonder if they get free private health care, but I surpose Jeremy would say they were freeing up NHS beds...

2 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

What's all this "stop the USA privatising our NHS"?  1) Lots of the NHS is already 'privatised' 2) does anybody really worry about who provides the care as long as we, as patients, get the best treatment? I've personally had good experiences with services that rea out-sourced by the NHS.  My hearing needs and hearing aids are provide by Specsavers which has the contract from the NHS for these services and I've had much better treatment than when I had to report to the local hospital for these things!  A while ago I also had a hip replacement and I was offered (through my GP and the NHS "choose & book" system) a number of hospitals.  I chose the one closest to my home which happened to be a Spire Group private hospita lpaid for by the NHS. My experience for this procedure was excellent whereas my wife who had a hip replaced at an NHS hospital had a terrible time with limited care and a discharge process that was like something out of the VIctorian era! Take your pick! I'm certainly not getting hung up on who provides my treatment as long as it's good and despise Labour's silly politicking games!!

It's been privatised to a certain extent for years by the creation of the NHS Foundation Trusts who have been given managerial and financial freedom.

17 minutes ago, For Us All said:

It's been privatised to a certain extent for years by the creation of the NHS Foundation Trusts who have been given managerial and financial freedom.

and think of the wage bill for those extra admin. staff... I think its called too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

2 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Would have been quicker to just say 'no ive got nothing else to add apart from my foreigners shtick'.

WHat about the UK citizens treated abroad by other countries health system? Health tourism covers those who are not normally resident in the UK, so the numbers include actual UK citizens who come back to the uk for treatment. And it includes governments who reimburse the UK.

Looking at the data form the department of health, they actually put the cost of deliberate health tourism at 60-80 million a year. Less than 0.1% of the budget. Im pretty sure you dont think that will fix the NHS, but as long as other people are worse off then who cares.

Youre gonna revolutionise the NHS FUA

Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 16.27.45.png

How many countries outside the EU give free healthcare and to what standard?

I'm talking about health tourists who aren't covered by an EHIC here.People who fly in,have treatment and leave the Mid Essex NHS Trust with an unpaid bill of £623,000.

Five others left without paying six-figure bill's in 2017/18.

So your 0.3% was just £240 million a year and you are willing to write that off?

Wow,I can now see why you support the Financially Illiterate Party.

Good luck in the election.

7 minutes ago, For Us All said:

How many countries outside the EU give free healthcare and to what standard?

I'm talking about health tourists who aren't covered by an EHIC here.People who fly in,have treatment and leave the Mid Essex NHS Trust with an unpaid bill of £623,000.

Five others left without paying six-figure bill's in 2017/18.

So your 0.3% was just £240 million a year and you are willing to write that off?

Wow,I can now see why you support the Financially Illiterate Party.

Good luck in the election.

The tories have spent 100 million on adverts saying get ready for leaving on 31st October and have now had to scrap them and melt all the brexit 50ps they made! 

33 minutes ago, colin said:

The tories have spent 100 million on adverts saying get ready for leaving on 31st October and have now had to scrap them and melt all the brexit 50ps they made! 

well you could say better wasting that, than crashing out and not being prepared, as for the coins could have been made without the date...could then have been used anytime in the next 50yrs.

52 minutes ago, colin said:

Chickenfeed.

Delays caused by the Remainers trying to stop Brexit are costing the country £800million a week according to the Bank of England. 

22 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Which has been the argument for wealthy right wingers for as long as I can remember and folk swallow it.

Where are they all running off to with there gazillion?  They are all rich enough to live anywhere in they world they desire and yet they stay here...  think about it.

So you don't have an argument for how to stop them moving away?

They don't all stay here do they? https://economia.icaew.com/news/march-2019/a-third-of-british-billionaires-live-in-tax-havens

A third of billionaires have left, and that is under a conservative Government. How many do you think would leave under a Labour Government? And how many under a Corbyn led Labour Government?

Genuine questions by the way.

Archived