onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

11 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

go abroad...with their money.

Will they? The top 1% will leave their homes, move their families and jobs to avoid a tax increase they can afford?  I’ve looked for info to back this up. Can only find US based info, but it does suggest it’s not true.

Advert

4 minutes ago, geosname said:

It's the first time I've seen a member of the political elite use it as a vote catcher to the working class grass roots..... as though their pay, pensions, expenses and privilages somehow doesn't qualify themselves as elite.

If Boris is going after the politicians who screwed brexit and jezza is going after the political elite..... it should be a bloodbath of Spartacus proportions.

Finally something to cheer about?

they will claim it off the expenses...without a doubt.

5 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Will they? The top 1% will leave their homes, move their families and jobs to avoid a tax increase they can afford?  I’ve looked for info to back this up. Can only find US based info, but it does suggest it’s not true.

they are paying about half their income-salaries, investments, etc, no one likes paying taxes, if you are Gates with billions it wont make a difference but it comes to a point here they say enough is enough...

56 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

possibly the top 1% tax earners who already pay 28% of the tax burden... the same ones that red john say he's going to get the extra money to pay all the extra benefits/give away's he's promising...

They don't pay enough simple as that. Too many loopholes they will claw that 28% back. If anything the tax system needs reform, particularly for the thousands employed in low paying long hours insecure employments

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

People become very jealous of you.

There are millionaires that have scrimped and scraped all their lives and then there is the monster greedy pieces of work who have profited off the backs of people's low paid labour such as Peter Coates and Denise Coates, prime examples

I know who I prefer

1 hour ago, whotobeakiller said:

i would have made that point more with Labour where there are leave seats. I see at least 11 MP's have already jumped ship before they are pushed

I see Tory Alan Duncan, who has a 23,000 majority, is packing in because he says Parliament has turned into the Muppett Show.  He said, “You have people coming into Parliament now who haven’t a clue, and the quality of our politicians is in decline. Brexit has been very corrosive. It has been sour and mean and has made a lot of people lose their minds.”

9 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

There are millionaires that have scrimped and scraped all their lives and then there is the monster greedy pieces of work who have profited off the backs of people's low paid labour such as Peter Coates and Denise Coates, prime examples

I know who I prefer

Why would anyone scrimp and scrape to become a millionaire? 

22 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

So that they can live in comfort, and buy the things they want... sounds about right for all of us, given the chance.

If you scrimp and scrape for 40 years you miss enjoying life and doing all the things you could have enjoyed when you were able..... to have maybe 10 years or so being able to afford to do the things you can no longer do.

Sounds like pre planned madness to me.

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

they are paying about half their income-salaries, investments, etc, no one likes paying taxes, if you are Gates with billions it wont make a difference but it comes to a point here they say enough is enough...

But they would have to give those jobs up then? Nice that you’re so concerned for them though. And I don’t agree, I don’t mind paying taxes at all. In return I have health care, education, roads, police, fire service, etc etc. It’s a pretty decent deal. I would happily pay more if it meant improving the NHS, even if it meant others benefiting more than me. 

1 hour ago, Mario said:
1 hour ago, Andyregs said:
Those poor millionaires. What will they do?

What's wrong with being a millionaire ?

Nothing but I haven’t got time for people bleating about being hard done by for paying taxes when they have far more than others. I will say that it is the Uber rich that have vulgar amounts. And big corporations avoiding tax is a bigger issue.

Archived