onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

3 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Jesus wept, you think the US want to fund our NHS.

And how is this different to current NHS practice?

A recent court ruling on Bayer and Novartis who objected to the nhs using its drug Avastin for cancer to help patients with AMD, the drug being used Lucentis  for AMD cost £800/a dose, Avastin cost £28... it will save in excess of £13.5m for the original 12 CCG's who defended their bid...

Advert

Considering ‘project fear’ didn’t come true, what’s the reason for the economy being 2.5% smaller than it should have been since the brexit vote. And projections show the Borexit deal deal will leave everyone on average £1100 worse off every year. But sOveReIgNtY or something.

1 minute ago, Davebrad said:

A recent court ruling on Bayer and Novartis who objected to the nhs using its drug Avastin for cancer to help patients with AMD, the drug being used Lucentis  for AMD cost £800/a dose, Avastin cost £28... it will save in excess of £13.5m for the original 12 CCG's who defended their bid...

I’m more interested in the process. I’m sure with an organisation that size that there will examples where it didn’t work, but I assume there is a process for the NHS to give out contracts? An organisation this size would be able to use that to its advantage. It’s one of the reasons why Americans pay more taxes to their health care and still have to have insurance.

2 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I’m more interested in the process. I’m sure with an organisation that size that there will examples where it didn’t work, but I assume there is a process for the NHS to give out contracts? An organisation this size would be able to use that to its advantage. It’s one of the reasons why Americans pay more taxes to their health care and still have to have insurance.

they should have, but in the case I mentioned the drug company went to court because they were going to loose £800 for £28 yet the drug was good for the ailment and also the NHS...

I worked in a nationalised  industry, and the amount of waste would have broke a smaller company, any such company cannot be held accountable its too big.

1 minute ago, Davebrad said:

they should have, but in the case I mentioned the drug company went to court because they were going to loose £800 for £28 yet the drug was good for the ailment and also the NHS...

I worked in a nationalised  industry, and the amount of waste would have broke a smaller company, any such company cannot be held accountable its too big.

But the size will also have massive positives compared to the alternative. You only have to look at America’s example. 

18 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Possible, although I suspect it would depend on who decides to run in both constituencies. If the Brexit Party/UKIP send a candidate in addition to the Conservatives, I think that will split the vote and Labour will get another small majority.

If they give the Conservatives a free run however...

I agree there is a danger of the leave votes being split and which is why Johnson, Farage and UKIP should all work together...to not do so means they are literally giving Labour and the Lib Dems a free run

14 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Have Labour decided on their stance on Brexit yet?

Don't think so. Corbyn said yesterday we will support a GE in December, because No Deal is now not possible.  Barnier  says today if no deal is agreed by end of Jan then a no deal is a distinct possibility. Has Corbyn dropped another clanger?

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Have Labour decided on their stance on Brexit yet?

Their postion is a people's vote between remain and a renegotiated deal. It's fairly simple to understand their position even if you don't agree with it. 

The postion I'm most confused with is the Brexit Party. They have one policy and haven't even said how theyre going to leave the EU. 

1 hour ago, whotobeakiller said:

I agree there is a danger of the leave votes being split and which is why Johnson, Farage and UKIP should all work together...to not do so means they are literally giving Labour and the Lib Dems a free run

UKIP?  Really??

28 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I see this has been nicely ignored by the usual suspects so just thought I would give it a bump. 

But we haven’t left the EU so why blame Brexit for our economic decline? The uncertainty of Brexit has gone a long way in forcing the value of the pound down as well as our economic slip but pretty well half the countries in the world would love to have slipped by only 2.5% in the last 3 years.

Archived