onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

18 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The Benn Act was one page long. 

Not quite,that's incorrect.

It was four pages long,signed by Hilary Benn and supported by Alastair Burt,Phillip Hammond,David Gauke,Tom Brake,Stephen Gethins,Jonathan Edward's,Joan Ryan,Caroline Lucas,Chris Bryant,Stephen Doughty and Nick Boles.

Advert

10 hours ago, geosname said:

Here is the working out bit.....

30M vote

15M remain... 7M no deal...... 8M deal

Secondary option counted after no deal eliminated.

15M remain...... 30M deal.

That's assuming the secondary choice would be as follows.......

Remain... deal... because if you want to remain deal is the best of 2 bad options.

No deal... deal... because if you want to leave deal is the only option

Deal... no deal... because if you want to leave no deal is the only option.

Assuming of course that ballot papers are classed as spoiled and not counted if no second choice is indicated.

Again I could have totally misunderstood. 

The rules are critical, could be varied to suit referendums or elections,  A strong argument for having a yes no vote, otherwise how would the newspapers advise their readers to vote, how many would understand the system?

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

The rules are critical, could be varied to suit referendums or elections,  A strong argument for having a yes no vote, otherwise how would the newspapers advise their readers to vote, how many would understand the system?

It wouldn't work for the Lib.Dems if Leave won again according to Swinson logic?

4 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

On the night of the referendum Nige thought he had lost but said he will fight on...  you keep ignoring this but that's not surprising is it.

Fighting on isnt the same as overriding democracy.

Nothing material has changed. No polls suggest anything other than a result which would be close to the first referendum. 

There is no need for a second referendum whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

If Jo Swinson is democratically elected as PM it will be on a remain footing, I arent sure how much more democratic it gets.  If she isnt elected as PM she is just a dissenting voice like many others on many issues and is not able to override democracy.  I am not sure how powerful Jo Swinson is in Brexiteers minds but she does seem to worry you lot for some reason.

I am worried when politicians threaten my democratic freedom. 

Just to warn you, I reserve the right to use any remainer arguments right back at you should I ever disagree with a democratic vote. 

This is the legacy of the liars and wannabe tyrants on the remain side. 

32 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

For Us All is obsessed with Jo Swinson, but she is no different to Nigel Garage on his side but he persistently fails to acknowledge that, except Swinson has actually been elected as an MP and Nige has failed how many times?

As you know RB, I do not agree that there is no need for a 2nd vote.

Was it swinson who demanded Cameron held a referendum?...... before she was leader..... I could be wrong.

Comrade Corbyn now says that he won’t push for an election unless everyone in the country says they will vote for him.

He is frightened that if his party loses he will be cast out into the wilderness to paddle his own canoe and not get his grubby hands on the keys to No 10.
Also we will be able to vote out Londoners like Ruth Smeeth who treats us like peasants who don’t know what we,re voting for so she has to decide for us.

30 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

https://nyebevannews.co.uk/swinson-fails-to-declare-family-company-was-given-3-5m-euro-by-the-european-union/

Who says politicians don’t get paid a fortune?

They May ONLY get £80k pa as a salary but they get so many benefits at the cost of the tax payer.

And they can’t go through a 100 page mandate in 3 days!

<ovf censored> useless.

Ruth Davidson has a £50,000 second job?

Archived