onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Yes,he's playing a blinder here Barry.

When all the Remainers vote it down tomorrow in parliament they will all be branded the naughty guys,who never wanted a deal.

It will trigger a general election and the jobs a good 'un.

It seems you’re more interested in getting one over labour/snp/etc than you are about having a deal that’s good for the country. 
Damaging the nation to own the libs. 

Advert

17 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Not to have been honoured would have been not to seek a deal via the Article 50 system,  2 questions as before Leave or Remain, i.e. the latest offer or our current status, Belief in politicians is a matter of taste,  a PM sacked for lying by a newspaper is not my taste.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but a Labour leader who sides with the terrorists of Hezbollah and the IRA and cannot stop anti-semites in his own party is not to my taste either!

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Since Scotland voted to remain, as did NI, will they be able to stay in both markets too?

Northern Ireland have got what they wanted to remain.

Just add Jimmy Crankies SDP then cut them adrift to paddle their own canoe.

Am I the only one that thinks this is what Boris has planned all along.

The deal will be voted down and then the EU will not grant an extension so we leave with no deal.

All the terrorist remoaners will be be left with no deal and crying all the way to the dole queue when they are voted out at the next election.

No way will MP,s like Ruth Smeeth and Farrelly will keep their seats after refusing to accept the wishes of their constituents to leave.

Does anyone think that the country can be run by the village idiot Jeremy Corbyn and his sidekick Nicola Sturgeon.They have both put their own political interests and desire for power in front of the country.

Brilliant we leave EU on 31/10/19 can’t wait to hear Dominic Grieve and the remoaners grovelling to try to stay in their jobs.

2 hours ago, Andyregs said:

It seems you’re more interested in getting one over labour/snp/etc than you are about having a deal that’s good for the country. 
Damaging the nation to own the libs. 

Not at all,just predicting what will happen next and the likely outcome.

Speaking at a press conference in Brussels, the French president said: "I'm not trying to read the future, but I do not think we shall grant any further delay [to the Brexit deadline].

"I believe it is now time to put an end to these negotiations, work on the future relationship and put an end to what is currently ongoing."

He added: "Like I said, there shall be no delay unless there are some major changes."

Some interesting stuff going on in the Scottish courts at the moment.  There is a claim that the deal breaches UK law in particular the Taxation (Cross-border) Trade Act of 2018.  Clause 55, which is an amendment proposed by the ERG, states:

It shall be unlawful for Her Majesty’s Government to enter into arrangements under which Northern Ireland forms part of a separate customs territory to Great Britain.

The part of the deal which means that Northern Ireland will still be subject to EU customs rules seems to contradict this.  This will all come down to semantics in the end.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Some interesting stuff going on in the Scottish courts at the moment.  There is a claim that the deal breaches UK law in particular the Taxation (Cross-border) Trade Act of 2018.  Clause 55, which is an amendment proposed by the ERG, states:

It shall be unlawful for Her Majesty’s Government to enter into arrangements under which Northern Ireland forms part of a separate customs territory to Great Britain.

The part of the deal which means that Northern Ireland will still be subject to EU customs rules seems to contradict this.  This will all come down to semantics in the end.

Good luck with that.

Archived