onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Its time to do a deal, Brexit hasn't caused the uncertainty in the economy,it was the failure to get on and do a deal,there is now one on the table and it is imperative to put this nightmare to bed.

Those with political reasons and personal reasons to thwart this deal should now stand on one side and let it be finalised,I will be very suspicious of those that scupper this, very suspicious indeed.

Just been listening to LBC as I do everyday. Apparently Johnson has secured a deal and now needs Parliament to get togther and agree it.

Already the likes of Sturgeon, Swinson,  Corbyn and the DUP even, are saying they won't support it.

Why do you think that is...simple...they do NOT WANT Brexit. Liars and conartists the lot of them

28 minutes ago, Mario said:

Its time to do a deal, Brexit hasn't caused the uncertainty in the economy,it was the failure to get on and do a deal,there is now one on the table and it is imperative to put this nightmare to bed.

Those with political reasons and personal reasons to thwart this deal should now stand on one side and let it be finalised,I will be very suspicious of those that scupper this, very suspicious indeed.

There are still a few years of trade negotiations to go, the EU are fed up and have kicked the can down the road.

20 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Just been listening to LBC as I do everyday. Apparently Johnson has secured a deal and now needs Parliament to get togther and agree it.

Already the likes of Sturgeon, Swinson,  Corbyn and the DUP even, are saying they won't support it.

Why do you think that is...simple...they do NOT WANT Brexit. Liars and conartists the lot of them

They do not want to shoulder the blame for Brexit.or at least this version of Brexit.

Junker has said no extension......

If the deal on the table is not accepted what's the alternative?

They could revoke article 50...... good luck trying to explain that to the public..... and go for a general election.

Would that blow Labour's stance out of the water?

1 minute ago, geosname said:

Junker has said no extension......

If the deal on the table is not accepted what's the alternative?

They could revoke article 50...... good luck trying to explain that to the public..... and go for a general election.

Would that blow Labour's stance out of the water?

At least something good therefore will come out of this sorry mess...the end of Labour

23 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

The vote has been honoured, the second best deal is being sought, if the MPs cannot agree it should be passed to the people, the questions and consequences of the confirmatory referendum would be stated at the time. I would word the referendum the same as before, and put a 2/3 threshold on it but would expect only a simple majority to be agreed by the MPs, The result to be conclusive but all future referendums to be 2/3 threshold.. The referendum was purely a Tory project by Cameron.

Firstly, I agree it was originally an idea of David Cameron's but if 82% of MPs voted to hold a referendum, it can hardly be said that it was ONLY Cameron who is to blame! Secondly, how has the "vote been honoured" as you put it?  I'm assuming you mean the referendum and if so, by no stretch of the imagination can you possibly claim that it has been honoured.  If it had, we would have left on March 29th! Thirdly, you've dodged the most important questions of all: a) what 2 questions would you ask on this new "peoples' vote"? Referenda usually have just a binary format i.e. 2 questions only. b) why are you suddenly adding-in this arbitrary new 66.6% threshold? And most importantly of all, why should anyone believe that a new vote will be honoured after the original one so clearly hasn't?!!

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How can they say they won’t support it when none of them have actually seen it yet??  Crazy. 

politics, labour cause its a tory plan, Scotland cause all they are interested in is Scotland, lib/dems have said for awhile that they will vote against any deal, dup cause they don't understand politics, if it is a desent-ish deal and it doesn't get passed God help them all in the next general election... its a firm fact the only good man to enter parliament was Guy Fawkes.

2 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Firstly, I agree it was originally an idea of David Cameron's but if 82% of MPs voted to hold a referendum, it can hardly be said that it was ONLY Cameron who is to blame! Secondly, how has the "vote been honoured" as you put it?  I'm assuming you mean the referendum and if so, by no stretch of the imagination can you possibly claim that it has been honoured.  If it had, we would have left on March 29th! Thirdly, you've dodged the most important questions of all: a) what 2 questions would you ask on this new "peoples' vote"? Referenda usually have just a binary format i.e. 2 questions only. b) why are you suddenly adding-in this arbitrary new 66.6% threshold? And most importantly of all, why should anyone believe that a new vote will be honoured after the original one so clearly hasn't?!!

If the default position of a second referendum was the result of the first referendum I wouldn't argue with a 66.66% majority on the same question being asked.

Leave

Or

Remain

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How can they say they won’t support it when none of them have actually seen it yet??  Crazy. 

Corbyn said on Sky they wont support it and I think, not sure so did the Lib Dem spokesman,it's obvious Sturgeon wont support it what ever the result.

Archived