onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

33 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

And what?

Well your point was completely irrelevant to the point I was making in response to Dave's assertion that the EU arguing has led to her calling for a 2nd ref as they called for the 2nd ref over 3 years ago.

You are simply throwing in meaningless words.  Not for the first time I might add.

Well..... my dad's bigger than your dad.... and he's been dead for a while thankfully.

If you had informed me that everything had to specifically follow the point you were trying to make without additions or expansions, even if it's relevant to the key points..... SNP...... indyref... EU... I would have formulated another answer.

Advert

20 hours ago, Davebrad said:

or is she spotting her chance with all the toing and froing, but as she said "we will do it at the appropriate moment" sounds abit like Jeremy's "we want a election, when we think the times right".

we should save her the trouble and free them of the union, then see how she gets on...

She's spotting her chance alright,make no mistake about that.

It may have something to do with the January trial of ex-leader Alex Salmond for alleged sex crimes.

Just a thought?

On 12/10/2019 at 20:04, mr.hobblesworth said:

I think a party could be offering free alcohol and handjobs and they'd still be struggling in this climate. Nothing seems to cut through Brexit.

Do you think we'll have an election before Brexit is sorted? I hope you are right (it would hopefully pop the tyres of those yellow tories if we do) but I can't see it. 

Also, "nuanced"? You're having a laugh aren't you? Nuance from Mr Surrender Bill and his mates in the press who talk of "enemies of the people" and "put him in the Cor-bin"? All the tories seem capable of saying is "Let's get Brexit done". You talk of our plummeting membership - it's still over 3 times the size of your party! You talk of infighting - how many of your front bench have resigned, how many MPS have had the whip removed? Glass houses and all that Bill. I really welcome an election on issues other than Brexit and believe that if given fair coverage then we can get our message across.

The General election question is anyones guess--far too complicated for my meagre brain cells.  When using the word "nuanced" I was being kind to Labour--their swivelling and ducking/diving and ambivelence on the Brexit issue has been nothing less than disgraceful--and they're still divided in the party and even the shadow cabinet to this very day!  To remind you, I actually voted to remain, so part of me would like Brexit to fail.  However, (unlike many in Labour) I am above all, a democrat, and therefore believe that the will of the majority should be carried out--much as it pains me to say that! If recent reports are correct, it looks like McDonnell is getting much closer to elbowing aside a growingly irrelevant Jeremy Corbyn--the saying about rats in a sack comes to mind!

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

The General election question is anyone's guess--far too complicated for my meagre brain cells.  When using the word "nuanced" I was being kind to Labour--their swivelling and ducking/diving and ambivalence on the Brexit issue has been nothing less than disgraceful--and they're still divided in the party and even the shadow cabinet to this very day!  To remind you, I actually voted to remain, so part of me would like Brexit to fail.  However, (unlike many in Labour) I am above all, a democrat, and therefore believe that the will of the majority should be carried out--much as it pains me to say that! If recent reports are correct, it looks like McDonnell is getting much closer to elbowing aside a growingly irrelevant Jeremy Corbyn--the saying about rats in a sack comes to mind!

Labour's position has remained pretty much the same since the result of the referendum was announced with the current position to put the vote to the public (hardly undemocratic) one that has slowly evolved as the process has gone on. In fact, you could easily argue that Labour has been the most democratic of the 3 main parties, unlike the tories and their illegal attempts to bypass parliament or their yellow counterparts' pledge to just ignore around half the population. 
I find your singling out of Labour for their swivelling, ducking/ diving and divisions quite startling. First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's.

Also, if I were you, I'd pay little heed to what the press are saying about the "battle for the leadership". Do you not think they've got something of an agenda?

8 hours ago, geosname said:

Yet I.D. cards were rejected.

Yes, I wondered about that one myself.

I never saw a problem with it and wondered why the Conservatives were so opposed. Given that a great many of us carry photo ID anyway in the form of driving licences I never understood what was so different. 

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

I never saw a problem with it and wondered why the Conservatives were so opposed. Given that a great many of us carry photo ID anyway in the form of driving licences I never understood what was so different. 

What was so different was that since then electoral frauds have taken place in Labour controlled Tower Hamlets.

3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Labour's position has remained pretty much the same since the result of the referendum was announced with the current position to put the vote to the public (hardly undemocratic) one that has slowly evolved as the process has gone on. In fact, you could easily argue that Labour has been the most democratic of the 3 main parties, unlike the tories and their illegal attempts to bypass parliament or their yellow counterparts' pledge to just ignore around half the population. 
I find your singling out of Labour for their swivelling, ducking/ diving and divisions quite startling. First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's.

Also, if I were you, I'd pay little heed to what the press are saying about the "battle for the leadership". Do you not think they've got something of an agenda?

Slowly evolved? Is it a position, or a policy, or a principle?  Labour are hopelessly divided, largely as a result of impotent and divisive leadership. Their current position is only based on seeing which way the wind is blowing, not on any great commitment to anything other than trying to sneak (and sneak it will be, for any victory will not be resounding) into power.

The lack of clarity has both had serious negative consequences to Labour's reputation (e.g. how is it possible that they could be less popular than the current 'government'??), and been a key factor in preventing the government being held to account since 2016. 

It shouldn't just be ignored because of manifest inadequacies elsewhere.

36 minutes ago, For Us All said:

What was so different was that since then electoral frauds have taken place in Labour controlled Tower Hamlets.

They've also taken place in Kenya, which has about as much relevance as the non-point that you are not making.

It happened in Tory controlled England, so it's CLEARLY the Conservatives fault.

6 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Oh I understand alright.  You have a long history of saying naff all, pleading neutrality and <ovf censored> stiring.  You think you are superior and you thing you have the moral high ground.

You arent and you dont.  

No doubt you will keep replying because you seem to think whoever has the last word wins, regardless of how irrelevant that word is.

I'm not sure you do.

I have a history of saying what I want... I rarely say "naff all"

I'm pleading nothing I've made my position clear....

If you think I'm God (as above) you sèem to think I'm superior..

I'm just a normal bipolar borderline sociopath who doesn't give a rat's ass.... so I'm not sure morals comes into it.

As for last words

zyzzogeton.... zyxt... zyzzyva... zythum.

Take your pick

5 hours ago, Heatwave said:

My only objection to an I.D. card was the amount of information some wanted to put on them.

8 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

you just cant stop using words and saying f all can you.

Would you expect facial expression and hand gestures on a written forum?

It's extremely difficult to use words and say nothing.... much easier for the reader of those words to not understand them.

Don't tell me...... it's not what you meant?..... Not the point you were trying to make?...... Not what you were trying to say?.....?

Words eh.... so confusing.

Archived