onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

30 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I very much suspect it would.

I disagree. The ERG wouldn't, the LibDems and SNP wouldn't, the remainer majority within Labour who want a 2nd vote wouldn't. The tories minus ERG plus Labour leavers/ compromisers wouldn't get a majority. If there was a 2nd vote attached to it, it might. All in my opinion, of course.

Advert

15 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

What lies, it's in black and white.  Your heads in the shed Fred.

You know, the bit where I said I abhor all sorts of abuse, specifically naming racist abuse and then you try to call me an apologist for racism?

Better people than you have tried to silence me with that tactic. It didn't work then and it won't work now because you don't have the truth on your side.

Apparently "surrender" should not be used because of Jo Cox' murder. Apparently the british public cannot be trusted with emotive language such as "surrender" because it will make us want to send death threats to MPs.

But calling Boris far right, a fascist, many brexiteers have to spend the first minute of any bbc interview discussing why a non-racist tweet from 2013 is non-racist before they get to maybe talk about brexit.

This is a disgraceful attempt at censorship. They want to continue controlling the language surrounding brexit and they think it is acceptable to invoke Jo Cox' memory to do it?

Gross.

39 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I posted that clip of the guy from S-o-T saying Joris Bonson earlier but then had second thoughts and deleted it. This isn't having a go at you, but I felt quite sorry for him when I thought about it. He seemed harmless and doesn't really deserve the mockery and scorn that he'll no doubt be getting. 

Agreed, but it is funny.

Top quality moustache too.

8 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

This is reaching the stage of two bald blokes arguing over a comb. Tweak May’s backstop, put it back to the Commons, vote without three line whips and get it done. 

I'm not sure it's the right thing to do Jean but it does seem like the only thing to do.

Mays deal was rejected and the EU has stated it will not renegotiate.... dead end.

No deal is taken off the table..... dead end.

There is nowhere else to go, no alternative choices, no Harry Potter magic spell to transport us back to 2015.

The referendum offered 2 choices and the people made their choice, they either voted leave or remain as they thought best..... job done.

Along comes parliament,  the people in the know, with a similar 2 choice question and decide to reject both.

OK...... so after spending 3+ years of telling us what we can't do, what you won't do..... tell us what you will do.

One of my media dislikes.....

1200 job losses because company can't make a profit selling it's goods......

As a footnote and unconnected to the story......

In March 2016, Wrightbus founder Sir William Wright became the first major business figure in Northern Ireland to voice his support for Brexit.

The businessman told the Ballymena Guardian newspaper: "I am totally in favour of getting out."

5 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

BoJo has dropped a major bollock over his Jo Coz comment like it or not.

Jo Cox was murdered because she opposed Brexit and Johnson says the best way to honour her is to get Brexit done....  

If evidence was required that this man is reprehensible and will say or do anything he likes this is it.  Anybody defending his words in any way at all, even as a professional devils advocate should be ashamed.

Here we go, just waiting you to start accusing me of being a murder apologist. 

The shame is on those who use her memory for political gain. 

Boris was 100% correct in what he said. 

There are very few restrictions on what can be said on the floor of the house.

Bellowing at each other shows no respect for anyone.

I don't see what is offensive about the word surrender. 

Feel a bit sick at Jo’s name being used in this way. The best way to honour Jo is for all of us (no matter our views) to stand up for what we believe in, passionately and with determination. But never to demonise the other side and always hold onto what we have in common.

Archived