onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

simple answer to this  would be where would the world be if people just sat back with what they had and not tried something new,

If I was going to try something new I'd do a risk assessment before I started.  Saying "I'm going to try something new by standing in the fast lane of the M6 and seeing if something hits me" isn't the most sensible approach.

Advert

33 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If I was going to try something new I'd do a risk assessment before I started.  Saying "I'm going to try something new by standing in the fast lane of the M6 and seeing if something hits me" isn't the most sensible approach.

think of all the advances made since fire was discovered, solely by people thinking there was a improvement that could be made instead of accepting what was the norm... are we forward looking or just Luddites who wont except change?

37 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

think of all the advances made since fire was discovered, solely by people thinking there was a improvement that could be made instead of accepting what was the norm... are we forward looking or just Luddites who wont except change?

How many of them got badly burned in the process?

29 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

If long term risk assessments were as accurate as people believe would we have developed petrol and diesel engines, a coal industry, tobacco industry, air travel, shipping etc etc.... the only considerations for those were profit.

Lots of people don't like change, especially if the change is an unknown quantity...... people tend to look for stability and certainty even though they are transient....

2 hours ago, geosname said:

555 555 you will want to introduce VAR retrospectively next 555

5 in Thai is ha...... I can't do smilies.

No doubt the TV world would love it nobody would know the score until the mid-week Match that never was. By the way in our mythical cup-tie the victors were also found to have fielded an illegal player, thus both teams losing opponents in the previous round   will play each other to decide which will be where the others would have been having won legally. 555  

52 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How many of them got badly burned in the process?

I don't know to be honest, but credit to those who did,  and credit to those who choose to carry on, and a big thank you has without those farsighted people we would be sitting on the floor, wondering what to eat, naked and cold...

16 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

No doubt the TV world would love it nobody would know the score until the mid-week Match that never was. By the way in our mythical cup-tie the victors were also found to have fielded an illegal player, thus both teams losing opponents in the previous round   will play each other to decide which will be where the others would have been having won legally. 555  

Fantasy football at it's best mate 555

57 minutes ago, geosname said:

If long term risk assessments were as accurate as people believe would we have developed petrol and diesel engines, a coal industry, tobacco industry, air travel, shipping etc etc.... the only considerations for those were profit.

without a profit incentive few things would be done, and generally people benefit...

57 minutes ago, geosname said:

Lots of people don't like change, especially if the change is an unknown quantity...... people tend to look for stability and certainty even though they are transient....

and usually sit and complain about their lot... but if a change comes they go with it...

8 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

The court ruled on the case in front of them, any action against the function of parliament can be challenged. The court was not looking at previous cases with different circumstances. There will always be disputes whilst the PM retains powers previous held by a royal, when parliament is sovereign. The PMs power should result from retaining the confidence of the house. This clown has none.

Interesting that they refuse to move on a vote of no confidence and they've twice declined his offer of a general election though?

Seems to me like Parliament are knowingly sabotaging our own Government for their own gain. Against the will of the people.

No wonder they are absolutely desperate to avoid a general election.

21 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

That is exactly the point - nobody bloody knows so why do it???

Because we know full well that the alternative is not what we want for our future.

20 hours ago, TheSage said:

Closing Parliament occurs on a majority vote by all MPs, not on the wishes of the PM alone.

The Court decision was unequivocal. Johnson misled the Queen and was trying to shut down debate. That's clearly unlawful and unconstitutional and he should resign. When has a PM ever been called to task like this before? Never. 

What about an election? Why don't we let the people decide Johnson's fate?

12 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Anyway enough of RB who over the last few days has made himself look deranged.

Couldn't Boris appeal to the european courts? Oh wait...  hahahahahaha

Please stop the lies.

You have nothing to offer other than lies and abuse. 

Archived