onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I read yesterday that at the last election in a survey of peoples concerns the EU was not in the top 10,  I  cant remember the source though as I was just flipping though on a tablet.

That would depend on the questions asked mate.... if that was the specific question I wouldn't be surprised with the answer.

However if they indicated immigration, access to housing, access to services, NHS etc as a priority it brings into play the EU question by association. 

Advert

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I didn’t say you had. I was making a general statement about what had been posted by folk on here. 

And as someone who posts on here I was simply clarifying my position.

Your other comment 're tabloid press...... the media need to grab headlines to sell their story..... the more ludicrous the statement the more people seem to read it.... the more controversial the more it spreads..... I include all media.

I'm not excusing it just accepting it.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

That would depend on the questions asked mate.... if that was the specific question I wouldn't be surprised with the answer.

However if they indicated immigration, access to housing, access to services, NHS etc as a priority it brings into play the EU question by association. 

Agreed, it is the use of the EU as the cause of nearly all of our problems that caused the Brexit result, together with the protest vote against Cameron and austerity,  which itself influenced anger with lacking services. Govts will always place the blame elsewhere unless held to account by the media.

59 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Agreed, it is the use of the EU as the cause of nearly all of our problems that caused the Brexit result, together with the protest vote against Cameron and austerity,  which itself influenced anger with lacking services. Govts will always place the blame elsewhere unless held to account by the media.

Which is probably why the media holds the eu to account then? 

You cant really say that the media shouldn't pick on the EU, it should pick on the Government when the ultimate government is the EU? 

9 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Didnt remain win the popular vote in the latest major poll?  The European Elections?

I suppose that's subjective of where you put labour which is difficult to tell although they are definitely against no deal so according to those results there is no mandate for no deal by quite a margin and that's without assuming not all the idiots who voted for Farages lot would be happy with no deal and not and same of Tories.  All other parties stood clearly opposed to brexit and labour clearly advocated a deal and public vote.

So all this talk of not knowing if there is no mandate for no deal is just lies because as recent as May this year, around 14M people voted in a poll which tells us the answer.

Like I say you have to twist and turn things to demonstrate a mandate for any type of brexit. 

"If you add up all the votes of different parties and chuck in some from the other side who probably agree but voted Brexit party anyway then we have our favoured mandate" 

Doesn't work like that.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

I thought that was the job for the opposition.

45 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Not when the PM (Or his minder)  closes down the scrutiny of parliament, otherwise Murdock holds sway in the story lines.

You mean like other PMs have done, many times?

The media feeds the people what it wants to feed them with its own slant or bias to sell its product..... it's rare that good news sells.... 

12 minutes ago, geosname said:

You mean like other PMs have done, many times?

The media feeds the people what it wants to feed them with its own slant or bias to sell its product..... it's rare that good news sells.... 

But never objected to,  parliament normally suspended at the end of a session when bills included in the previous Queen`s speech completed or rejected. Brexit does not come in that category, Nor have we ever had the father  of liars in the mother of parliaments, thus without a proper explanation had to be challenged. Proves the need for suspension  of parliament to be controlled by parliament, otherwise parliament is not sovereign.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Not when the PM (Or his minder)  closes down the scrutiny of parliament, otherwise Murdock holds sway in the story lines.

I could be wrong but wouldn't parliament be closed now anyway due to the annual bean feast party conferences ? if thats the case they have lost approx. 5 days work and considering what that lot can achieve in 3 years 5 days is just a drop in the ocean.

1 minute ago, Mario said:

I could be wrong but wouldn't parliament be closed now anyway due to the annual bean feast party conferences ? if thats the case they have lost approx. 5 days work and considering what that lot can achieve in 3 years 5 days is just a drop in the ocean.

It is the principle which is at stake, also at a crucial point of Brexit. I am surprised they did not sit through the conference season myself. On reflection perhaps not it is only the country at risk.

Just when a strong opposition is required what do Labour do ? Try and ditch the position of deputy leader Tom Watson, looks like Momentum are making their move before a general election,does any one think that if Labour lose a general election then Corbyn will be forced to resign his position, making Watson the leader and so the left will have lost their power ?

Archived