onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

I'm not sure people have noticed but for several pages the arguments have not been about brexit, the ins or outs of it, but about personalities. In my opinion that's what it's always been about at it's core.

The original question was a simple choice but as soon as it was made party politics took over.

Advert

2 minutes ago, geosname said:

I'm not sure people have noticed but for several pages the arguments have not been about brexit, the ins or outs of it, but about personalities. In my opinion that's what it's always been about at it's core.

The original question was a simple choice but as soon as it was made party politics took over.

A simple choice for a complex issue, once the facts emerge everyone sees different aspects. Where is the financial impetus  coming from? Farage has been the driving force and still has a lever or two.

53 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I've not met anyone who has had their mind changed on Brexit yet, in either camp. 

I certainly haven't.... it was the wrong decision, it is still the wrong decision but the decision was made..... changing the decision will not get rid of the problem of a divided country..... even if a second referendum returned a larger majority either way.

Brexit has become a party political battleground that neither side can walk away from claiming victory.

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

A simple choice for a complex issue, once the facts emerge everyone sees different aspects. Where is the financial impetus  coming from? Farage has been the driving force and still has a lever or two.

That dissipated when people were branded illiterate northern racists who were to stupid to know what they were voting for.

Simple statements like that disaffected  17 million + voters, throw in the young will soon be leaving their safe spaces to put us on the right track and the media have open season.

2 minutes ago, geosname said:

That dissipated when people were branded illiterate northern racists who were to stupid to know what they were voting for.

Simple statements like that disaffected  17 million + voters, throw in the young will soon be leaving their safe spaces to put us on the right track and the media have open season.

There must have been an element of protest against austerity, and now in Cameron`s autobiography he considers it should have been harder and faster. Sadly the drift South will continue to the better paid jobs, faster rail services increase commuting to London. 

19 hours ago, VantaaVale said:

Paul, that's exactly the problem in a nutshell.

Brexit means different things to different people.

To use this for political gain should be truly condemned by anybody with the national interest at heart. But unfortunately, it now seems to me that parliament has lost sight of this. And with this statement, I am tarring MP's no matter what party they belong to.

The bare facts are that clearly nobody has a clue what is going to happen. This is politicians playing Russian roulette with the United Kingdom, its people and its future. It's dangerous and they'd better get it right. But I have no confidence in the government and particularly this disingenuous Prime Minister to get it anywhere near right.

I agree Vanta and have posted the same. There are no reasons whatsoever to take the risks involved with Brexit, The EU isn't perfect but better to be at the table influencing rather than have no say at all. 

Due to it's geographical location the UK will always be impacted by what happens in the EU. Brexit is nuts, sheer lunacy and the most disgraceful of all is the UK has arrive at this position through two mega lies, some democracy that.

19 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

People will be massively affected if they gain employment or get paid a higher wage due to brexit too. 

Only time will tell RB but all the experts can't be wrong and the drop in the value of the pound is just the beginning.

Please don't give me the old story that exports will be cheaper cause pricing doesn't work like that, the price of Jaguars, Land Rover cars and Cadbury's chocolate products to name a few have gone up not down in the USA since the pound has effectively devalued.

8 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Once again you dont provide anything of substance at all.  I am perfectly in control, no problem there.  If you think calling a <edit> is not being in control then you need to stop being such a snowflake.

You constantly post crap on this thread.  You claim to have provided links etc earlier in the thread and like to call everything that isn't far right extreme no deal Brexit a lie.  This is in detrement to the people that have tried to engage in reasonable debate however you are not clever enough to do that.  That is nobody elses fault.  You maintain a position that is simply designed to fuel the fires of remainers for the sole reason of winding them up, ergo, you are a sad <edit>  

I couldn't be further from not being in control, I am quite able to spot and call out a <,edit. >without getting wound up.

Well it sounds like you head has gone big time here. This is after you were apparently finished engaging with me.

If you have to insult to get your point across then it isnt a very good point. That is all I will say on your pathetic post. If you want people to respond constructively you should keep control of your emotions.

8 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I don't really comment on here any more because of the likes of RB and Geo. Shame really but there are much better places to debate stuff like this, with people who listen and are willing to debate, maybe even open to having their minds changed. I'd change bell end though if I were you, before some po-faced, heavy-handed lumphead tries to ban you. 'Blend' works just as well.

Haha the moral grandstanding is incredible coming from you.

You have a history of abusing people too so let's not pretend you are being the bigger man here.

I'd love to see a brexiter get away with a few quick admin edits if we lost our heads like nofinidea. Something tells me we would be gone.

Good job we are reasonable decent people 🤣

7 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I've not met anyone who has had their mind changed on Brexit yet, in either camp. 

I haven't changed my mind exactly, although am far more open to a compromise rather than a flat out 'remain'. Well, I am until I read Regal beagle, FUA. Howjy et al.

Talking of Regal Beagle, I wonder if he enjoyed his day out in London today? "Reasonable decent people" my backside.

43 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Really?  Saying I am perfectly in control when spotting a blend and calling it comes across to you as my head has gone big time?  

Once again you have failed to address anything with substance.  You are obviously a man (loosest possible use of the word) of straw, no substance, no direction and blowing on the right wing wind.

Care to explain how people will be better off or would you rather carry on crying about be called what you are portraying yourself as?

Absolute wand.

There's loads and loads to slate the chump for, no need to debase yourself with daft stuff about him only being a man in the loosest sense.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I haven't changed my mind exactly, although am far more open to a compromise rather than a flat out 'remain'. Well, I am until I read Regal beagle, FUA. Howjy et al.

Talking of Regal Beagle, I wonder if he enjoyed his day out in London today? "Reasonable decent people" my backside.

Sadly those people are typical of the myopic thinking, Rule Britannia Brigade who are gonna get a rude awakening when Brexit does happen, especially if it's a no deal. The world is a different place and the UK a different entity compared to when Britannia did rule the waves

10 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Really?  Saying I am perfectly in control when spotting a blend and calling it comes across to you as my head has gone big time?  

Once again you have failed to address anything with substance.  You are obviously a man (loosest possible use of the word) of straw, no substance, no direction and blowing on the right wing wind.

Care to explain how people will be better off or would you rather carry on crying about be called what you are portraying yourself as?

Absolute wand.

Haha well you literally cant stop yourself replying and it appears that your only tactic left is to try and bully me into agreeing with you. Maybe I would do the same if my side had no facts or evidence. 

I'm not playing your game though.

Post something with some substance (and stop the childish insults) before making demands for the same from me. Especially as their are hundreds of my posts which have already explained my position in detail, in this thread. 

7 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Playground tactics at their finest. I thought your mob were all for breaking down gender stereotypes? 

Yep the Brexiteers in the video are using playground tactics by being threatening, abusive and aggressive, it you feel sorry for them Regal you really have lost the plot.

6 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

You have claimed that people will be better off after a hard brexit.  This despite the fact that the current situation is looking poor.  Even Mr Brexit himself, JCB has recently layed people off citing brexit uncertainty as the reason.  Siemens UK CEO said back at the start of the year that there would be no new UK infastructure investment.

I have pointed out that the WTO tariffs schedule we have submitted actually does nothing to encourage UK industry and so asked how a hard Brexit is going to benefit the man in the street as you KEEP claiming.

You never answer anything, you just claim to have previously posted stuff and then seek to avoid debate by any means possible.

You claim remainers are liars, time and time again but provide nothing to substantiate that claim.

Regal Begal, you solely exist to try and cause unrest and provoke.  You get called a name and claim to be bullied and that the perpetrator is  not in control.  You post nothing to back up your position and you revel in the misery that many millions of people will suffer if this right wing agenda gets pushed through.  I see Brexit demos and even election candidates are being caught up in racism issues, nazi salutes etc..  is that not evidence that this right wing approach has an agenda and are you happy to align yourself with that?  If a party like Farages Brexit Party has inherent racial issues which it undeniably has, is it ok to ignore that and vote along anyway?

Obviously you wont address any of this, you will just post your usual diatribe.

I am afraid that anybody who currently supports Johnsons current position, they are aligning themselves with racists and bigots.

I want Brexit to be sorted but not on a right wing agenda that is currently being pushed for.

Nazi Germany in the 30s has many parallels with 2019 GB and unfortunately people like yourself whose blind dedication to a cause that creates hardship and divide are beginning to sound like Nazi youth more and more every single day.  You will not listen to reason and neither will you offer reason.  Eventually though, your kind will be stopped, just like in the 1940s, sooner or later the good people get pushed too far.

Now you may feel that's dramatic and you and some of your cohorts on here will be outraged that I am comparing brexiteers to Nazis.  Let's be clear, I am not saying brexiteers are nazis, I am saying that the now right wing approach to brexit has parallels to 1930s germany.  To be even clearer, people who are advocating a hard brexit, a cut and run approach and to hell with the consequences both here and over the channel, these people are sailing dangerously close to the fascist wind.

Short reply.....

Good rant..... absolute rubbish..... a biased opinion challenging a biased opinion.... but if that's what you think.

Archived