onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Do you accept that Farage clearly said that a 52-48 vote for Remain would not be the end of the matter?  Why would it be OK for him to carry on demanding Brexit but not for the Remainers to try to avoid the worst case scenario of a No Deal?  Why would it be OK for Farage to say he would go against the democratic vote and keep on campaigning but not for his opponents to do so?

i have no expectation of receiving answers to these questions. 

Try this one.

I see you've conveniently missed out the complete statement once again?

Mind you it's an easy mistake to make,the Daily Mirror and the Guardian did the same.

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Do you accept that Farage clearly said that a 52-48 vote for Remain would not be the end of the matter?  Why would it be OK for him to carry on demanding Brexit but not for the Remainers to try to avoid the worst case scenario of a No Deal?  Why would it be OK for Farage to say he would go against the democratic vote and keep on campaigning but not for his opponents to do so?

i have no expectation of receiving answers to these questions. 

Why would you not have expectation of receiving answers? Pretty much everything you have said leaves a lot to be desired...and I'll tell you why (As if you don'y know already)

Farage said he would continue to pursue Brexit but he didn't say he would still be pursuing it and not respecting the result (Which is what a lot of establishment remainers have done) Regardless that the majority of those arguing for a remain vote are solid cast iron figures of high standing whom make millions out of the EU whilst those at the bottom end struggle through depressed wages housing shortages medical appointment shortages et al

Hence why they are taking out various lawsuits to stay in (Probably through taxpayer funds)

The result of the referendum has not been respected and it was a 52 Percent clear majority that voted OUT. Farage meant he would argue against the EU and not actually  look to cancel the result of the referendum...there is a slight difference.

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

How are they being dishonest in saying the don’t want No Deal?  Who in their right mind does. Three days after the referendum Johnson told us all the wonderful things we would get from a deal. Why doesn’t he just go and get them?  And don’t blame the EU - he said it was all possible. 

17.4 m at least want brexit. 

And they are dishonest because they want to stop brexit. They are calling it no deal but their true intentions are clear to me. 

28 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Why would you not have expectation of receiving answers? Pretty much everything you have said leaves a lot to be desired...and I'll tell you why (As if you don'y know already)

Farage said he would continue to pursue Brexit but he didn't say he would still be pursuing it and not respecting the result (Which is what a lot of establishment remainers have done) Regardless that the majority of those arguing for a remain vote are solid cast iron figures of high standing whom make millions out of the EU whilst those at the bottom end struggle through depressed wages housing shortages medical appointment shortages et al

Hence why they are taking out various lawsuits to stay in (Probably through taxpayer funds)

The result of the referendum has not been respected and it was a 52 Percent clear majority that voted OUT. Farage meant he would argue against the EU and not actually  look to cancel the result of the referendum...there is a slight difference.

Farage said prior to the referendum  "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.”  Now that doesn’t look like respecting the result to me. 

On 08/09/2019 at 10:45, Nofinikea said:

Also, Remain didnt need to think of Ireland and I suspect had they done the average leave voter wouldnt have cared as even now after years of being unable to solve the Irish border issue they pretend it's not an issue at all but it really is...

Remain told everyone how bad leaving would be, everyone got a leaflet explaining it but of course our charismatic (cough) Brexiteers Mr Johnson and Mr Farage called it project fear and folk lapped it up.

Your position has now become confused because I am sure you have previously argued the "democracy" charade yet now you seem to be advocating that we could have just ignored the vote.

I have said before that you seem to just enjoy finding arguments for the sake of it.  This latest ramble seems to prove that is the case, it's not clever despite what you might think, to adopt a position of opposition and claim to be simply posing questions.  

Blame....

Cameron started it.

Johnson and Farage ran with it and those who aligned themselves with these people voted for them.

So Cameron, Johnson, Farage (plus the whole campaign team) and those that voted created this mess...  and now it seems that not a single one of them has any solution or idea of how to solve the problem they caused apart from churning out rhetorical diatribe over and over and over and over again....

If the EU,Labour and Remainer MP's can use every trick in the book to stop Remain,why can't Boris do the same to try and honour the result of the referendum?

4 hours ago, geosname said:

Because they have blocked the only 2 available options?

And the huge irony of the deal being blocked is that a considerable number of the Brexiteers, who wanted to leave, voted against it. Rees Mogg’s constituency voted Remain and he has persistently gone against their wishes - yet those whose constituents voted leave are castigated as traitors whilst Mogg is rewarded with a seat in the Cabinet. 

I say again, Johnson promised us the world three days after Brexit and now looks like he is heading for No Deal. 48.11% of those who voted want to Remain. 51.89% voted to leave. Unless we are absolutely certain that everyone of those 51.89% voted on the basis of No Deal rather than the deal that they were told would be easy then I cannot see how anyone can say that there is majority support for No Deal. 

If we leave without a deal it will be those responsible who have betrayed us. For god’s sake sort out a deal and bring an end to this completely ludicrous situation. 

26 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Farage said prior to the referendum  "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.”  Now that doesn’t look like respecting the result to me. 

Yes,but he followed that sentence up with "he was not attempting  to put a second referendum"on the agenda" as he wants to "win this one".

Most of the media didn't report that either.

Perhaps he wanted a general election?

Archived