onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The EU 2015 budget figure does not take into account the rebate negotiated by Margaret Thatcher in the 80's nor the money the UK gets back from the EU for infrastructure projects which leaves the UK contribution around 160m per week, Johnson knows this hence the 350m figure is a lie. 

Yes it did actually. It showed both the amount of money we send to the EU and the "rebate" which is actually just our money which the EU dictates how we spend.

Advert

On 08/09/2019 at 17:44, Nofinikea said:

You dont actually read what people write and have a long history of stiring it but in the interest of honouring you...

I said NOBODY thought about Ireland.  You seem to be struggling to understand what NOBODY means.  It means not anybody, out of 10 people 0 etc...  get it yet?  However, my point which again you amazingly seem to miss as wide as a Calvin Andrew shot, is simply that there was no onus on the remain campaign to think of it as of course they were never having to deliver anything they promised because it was already delivered.  Now that's not difficult to understand is it, because I really cant explain it any more simply.

When the ref was called, I dint know what to do, so I listened.  The remain campaign actually carried alot of facts, explained alot of benefits and also provided evidence from various think tanks etc of the damage that leaving will do.  That was immediately labelled project fear by the Leave campaign.  So I had a listen to them, the first problem I had was the blatant lie that anybody would have to be as thick as <ovf censored> not to notice, the one plastered on the side of the bus.  Despite being told time and again that it was false, they carried on with it (famously denouncing it the day after the vote).  Now that undermined credibility straight away.  Then they had that poster of immigrants heading for the uk.... That was akin to Nazi Germany victimising the Jews, outrageous and yet folk lapped it up.  So I set about looking at what they were saying and they promised me an easy deal, a queue of folk wanting to trade with us etc....  this all seemed good.  There was talk of deals similar to those of Switzerland and Norway, that seemed a really moderate situation and then there was the issue of controlling immigration, Johnson himself taked about a points system similar to Australia, so all in all, I thought despite the lies and the association with a compete pair of wankers like Farage and Johnson, leave was not a bad option.  A hard Brexit was never talked about and was not a possibility given the potential deals everyone wanted to do...

However, I simply could not get past the fact that this leave campaign was being spearheaded by those contemptuous pricks and quite frankly I couldn't do it, and I am surprised anybody could align themselves with such tossers of there own free will.

If Nigel Farage supported Vale I would go down Stoke.

What's the point?😀

21 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

No...the referendum has a question on the ballot paper....General election slips do not!!!

Do you accept that Farage clearly said that a 52-48 vote for Remain would not be the end of the matter?  Why would it be OK for him to carry on demanding Brexit but not for the Remainers to try to avoid the worst case scenario of a No Deal?  Why would it be OK for Farage to say he would go against the democratic vote and keep on campaigning but not for his opponents to do so?

i have no expectation of receiving answers to these questions. 

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

I see Kentucky Fried Corbyn is at the TUC conference.Good job Parliament is shut.Apparently he wants a GE on a Remain ticket.53 times he has requested a GE.

The real outrage is that the prime minister, the leader of your tawdry little party, can not be trusted one iota and is a proven liar. That's the problem here. For all their faults, May, Cameron, Major, even Thatcher, could have been trusted not to shift the date of an election, could have been trusted to obey the law. But that liar in number ten can be trusted on neither. You should save you desperately unfunny taunts for him.

In particularly fraught proceedings – with Tory MP Robert Goodwill at one point standing up and flapping his arms like a chicken as some of his colleagues shouted chicken –

Robert Goodwill is a 62 year old man. Happily, with a mere 3,500 majority and no Brexit Party challenging him at the last election, this could be his last action in parliament.Pathetic sad sack.

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

I see Kentucky Fried Corbyn is at the TUC conference.Good job Parliament is shut.Apparently he wants a GE on a Remain ticket.53 times he has requested a GE.

Apparently he will offer a credible leave option..... whatever that may be..... probably interlaced with a..... but you can stay if you don't like it because we will campaign against it.... even though it will be a great deal because we negotiated it.... better than the Tory deal anyway.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Do you accept that Farage clearly said that a 52-48 vote for Remain would not be the end of the matter?  Why would it be OK for him to carry on demanding Brexit but not for the Remainers to try to avoid the worst case scenario of a No Deal?  Why would it be OK for Farage to say he would go against the democratic vote and keep on campaigning but not for his opponents to do so?

i have no expectation of receiving answers to these questions. 

Yes.

Yes.... the public can campaign for whatever they think they want.

No.... as above 're the public.

I think I got that right...... the discrepancy is that politicians who promised to honour the vote in there manifesto are dishonouring their promise that won them votes to put them into parliament..... isn't that deception? Fraud? Dishonest?  Lying?..... all the things they are throwing accusations about?

7 minutes ago, geosname said:

Yes.

I think I got that right...... the discrepancy is that politicians who promised to honour the vote in there manifesto are dishonouring their promise that won them votes to put them into parliament..... isn't that deception? Fraud? Dishonest?  Lying?..... all the things they are throwing accusations about?

How are they being dishonest in saying the don’t want No Deal?  Who in their right mind does. Three days after the referendum Johnson told us all the wonderful things we would get from a deal. Why doesn’t he just go and get them?  And don’t blame the EU - he said it was all possible. 

35 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How are they being dishonest in saying the don’t want No Deal?  Who in their right mind does. Three days after the referendum Johnson told us all the wonderful things we would get from a deal. Why doesn’t he just go and get them?  And don’t blame the EU - he said it was all possible. 

Because they have blocked the only 2 available options?

7 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Yes it did actually. It showed both the amount of money we send to the EU and the "rebate" which is actually just our money which the EU dictates how we spend.

Pointless arguing on the amount of money on the side of the bus, it was just a stunt to hide the underspend on the NHS by the Government since 2010.

3 hours ago, geosname said:

Yes.

Spot on.Hypocrites of the highest order.

You can understand the Remainer MP''s not wanting an election.They'll all be out of a job.

Either we leave or they do.

Archived