onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

After watching the news all day I'm beginning to think that regardless of any vote to leave the EU it would never have happened, if there had been a majority of 10 million there would have been attempts to over throw the vote and deny the majority.

6 minutes ago, Mario said:

After watching the news all day I'm beginning to think that regardless of any vote to leave the EU it would never have happened, if there had been a majority of 10 million there would have been attempts to over throw the vote and deny the majority.

Of course not, most countries use thresholds when they run referendums on constitutional matters. With a 2/3 majority,  2 people in a group of 3 would be behind the decision, whereas with the system used in a group of 4 their views would be equally split. 52/48 is a majority but a small one hence the time taken to get anywhere.

7 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

You are correct the ERG did not play a part in the vote, but they have made up for it since, they are now pulling all the strings, and are certainly not interested in negotiating a deal.

The EU have stated there is no deal to negotiate.

It's the deal already offered or nothing..

It's been rejected 3 times.

The whole of parliament has put itself in a position where it either accepts a deal it doesn't want, or remain against the promise it made to the country to honour the result of the referendum .

What deal are they not interested in negotiating? 

234 Labour MP's voted against a deal.

The same number, probably more, voted against no deal.

A larger number will probably vote against holding a general election... including abstentions.

include all others who voted the same way..... for the good of the country no doubt....... and we have a situation that leaves the country dead in the water..... no way forward.... no way back.... no way out.

The offers as I think I understand them.....

lib dems..... remain.

SNP...... out of UK... stay in EU.... the EU have suggested they will have to apply after they have left the UK..... it implies the same problems regarding hard boarders.

Labour... some want to remain some want to leave... I suspect none want to leave with a deal labelled a Tory deal, if the same deal was labelled a Labour deal it would be easier to swallow..... the EU have stated the ONLY deal is already on the table.... but they won't say if they want to leave or remain officially.

All 3 say the people should decide but refuse to stand on their platform and have a general election to give the people a voice.

Tories.....  i can only guess..... leave?..... that's what they say they want this week.

brexit party....... as the name suggests..... leave..... but they are a single issue party with little else to offer.

for all the political posturing,  big giveaways, big spends promised a general election will be all about brexit.

any coalition formed will cause problems, serious problems.

On 06/09/2019 at 05:24, Mario said:

Lady Nugee playing a blinder on Question Time..........She says IF Labour win a general election she would go back to the EU try and get a better deal, have a referendum where remain is an option and then she would campaign to remain against her own deal.

This is bloody confusing.

Not only are Boris and Rees Mogg of their rockers but the opposition have their share of basket cases and Dianne Abbott hasn't even come to the oche yet.

Unbelievable.

I watched that twice...... then had to go back and watch again before I believed what she said.

She would get a better deal.....(although there is no other deal available)...... then campaign to reject it.

EU..... "What sort of deal do you want?"

Labour..... "it doesn't matter we will campaign to chuck it anyway"

I'm sure that little snippet will be highlighted in an election campaign.

Although the SNPs very own jabber the hut didn't do himself any favours either..... I think he must have been running on eveready .

On 05/09/2019 at 23:34, TheSage said:

It's a complete mess and thanks to Cameron we'll be arguing the toss about this for years to come when in realty it is and was no big deal and was never in the voters' top 4-5 concerns at every election up to 2015. Nor was it much mentioned by politicians, Farage apart.

I still say it hasn't been remotely worth the trouble and discord it's caused. There is no compelling reason that trumps the nonsense and upheaval we've gone through and will go through now in the next 5-10 years into the distant future. The Tories have created a Frankenstein monster and now it's out of the box we can't get it back in again. 

They've have gone so far the right that we might as well call them the Tory UKIP party. The days of Macmillan's one nation Toryism have gone and now we're left with a bunch of far right loonies intent on taking us over a cliff, lying every time they open their mouths, and sacking over 20 of the best MPs they'll ever have. Even Johnson's brother has had enough. Truly amazing.

Any yet we've still got people on here who think they're trustworthy, honest and doing a good job!

They are the only ones trying to deliver what the majority voted for Sage.

Along with the Brexit Party of course.

These two parties need to get together in my opinion and wipe the rest out.

4 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Well obviously.

So come on then, how do we solve it?

Come up with a doable answer to that and you can get what you want.  Or just carry on making stuff up and bellowing the same diatribe on an internet forum...  

4 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Well obviously.

So come on then, how do we solve it?

Come up with a doable answer to that and you can get what you want.  Or just carry on making stuff up and bellowing the same diatribe on an internet forum...  

What stuff have I made up?

35 minutes ago, For Us All said:

They are the only ones trying to deliver what the majority voted for Sage.

Along with the Brexit Party of course.

These two parties need to get together in my opinion and wipe the rest out.

To deliver something you have to know what it is and how.

Archived