onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Indeed, Brexit is a power grab, an extremist power group prevented the withdrawal deal being passed, they now control the government. Using "Will of the people" as the smoke screen for their ambitions as their only  interests are solely to further their fortunes, they are not interested in the welfare of the rest of the people. Will there be enough true Conservative MPs to oppose them and send them packing to their true leader Farage.

I don't have objections to you smearing the crap on politicians mate...... but spread it evenly..... left right and centre.

Advert

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Indeed, Brexit is a power grab, an extremist power group prevented the withdrawal deal being passed, they now control the government. Using "Will of the people" as the smoke screen for their ambitions as their only  interests are solely to further their fortunes, they are not interested in the welfare of the rest of the people. Will there be enough true Conservative MPs to oppose them and send them packing to their true leader Farage.

Whereas Jezza and his cronies want to do it for Queen and country,not forgetting of course their working class voters?

1 hour ago, geosname said:

I don't have objections to you smearing the crap on politicians mate...... but spread it evenly..... left right and centre.

When the time comes of course, but it is the far right sitting on the toilet this week. Who knows who will be doing it next week.

They don't take turns mate..... it's constant diarrhoea from every orifice. 

Jezza wants to be PM but nobody else wants him...... Labour want a brexit but not a Tory brexit..... libs want votes and will take them wherever they can.... SNP want independence at any cost..... I don't know what the Tories want, I don't think they know either, except not to lose power..... the two main parties are infighting and fighting each other..... the smaller WCs are fighting everyone..... and while the khazi burns the occupants fiddle.

14 minutes ago, geosname said:

They don't take turns mate..... it's constant diarrhoea from every orifice. 

Jezza wants to be PM but nobody else wants him...... Labour want a brexit but not a Tory brexit..... libs want votes and will take them wherever they can.... SNP want independence at any cost..... I don't know what the Tories want, I don't think they know either, except not to lose power..... the two main parties are infighting and fighting each other..... the smaller WCs are fighting everyone..... and while the khazi burns the occupants fiddle.

But when the Defence Secretary admits they suspended parliament by misleading the queen, that is a new low. (Charlie Proctor on the Monarchy Twitter site)

As Howard Dean (ran for president) said 24 hours ago, " The UK is closer to fascism today than the US."

Closing down parliament to supposedly enact the will of the people is what happened in the 1930s.

Good piece in the FT today.

https://www.ft.com/content/9dbc7852-c9b2-11e9-af46-b09e8bfe60c0

I've been pondering if there's much difference between Johnson, Trump and Smurfthwaite. My conclusion? Very little.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

But when the Defence Secretary admits they suspended parliament by misleading the queen, that is a new low. (Charlie Proctor on the Monarchy Twitter site)

All the rats run on a burning ship mate..... they don't know where they are going but they run anyway..... until they throw themselves over the side like lemmings...... survival at any cost

Trump, Johnson, Smurf a Narcissistic trio?  But not certain about Johnson, Parliament has only sat for a day or two in his period of office, should he not be looking forward to being the centre of attention instead of closing Parliament down.

Closing parliament for.... 4 days?...... Will do nothing except damage a few pride bubbles that needed bursting anyway.

4 days they cry...... we won't have enough time....... we have only had 3 years to do something..... oh woe is me.... the gnashing of teeth should keep the dentists busy..... if we only had 4 more days we could think of...... something.

The weeks and weeks of political hot air conventions of course won't affect anything..... although it could change a few agendas.

Frankly my dear...... I don't give a damn...... no sympathy for either political side.

I can see serious problems if the judiciary get involved...... but who knows..... a Scottish court overruling the executive could be interesting.

If they didn't see this coming they are stupider than I thought.

9 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

My principles are strongly in place Paul, unlike most in this thread.

I do uphold the principle of democracy and that is why we must leave the EU. It's that simple. Whether or not Boris is going to have a long weekend in the alps has no bearing on brexit at all.

I actually believe he has done it to try and get a deal without the backstop through parliament so I'm not particularly excited about it. I'm indifferent really.

What Johnson has done is as anti-democratic as democracy gets so your priciples have gone out of the window. Democracy is about Voters and their elected representatives (MP's), Johnson has sidelined and dismissed MP's cause he knows there is no majority in Parliament for a no-deal and perhaps for a Brexit of any type. Johnson is acting like a tin pot dictator.

Democracy in the UK should be acting for what is best for the UK, MP's are the quardians of that not the small majority who voted Leave and didn't know what they were voting for and what Leave entailed.

34 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

What Johnson has done is as anti-democratic as democracy gets so your priciples have gone out of the window. Democracy is about Voters and their elected representatives (MP's), Johnson has sidelined and dismissed MP's cause he knows there is no majority in Parliament for a no-deal and perhaps for a Brexit of any type. Johnson is acting like a tin pot dictator.

Democracy in the UK should be acting for what is best for the UK, MP's are the quardians of that not the small majority who voted Leave and didn't know what they were voting for and what Leave entailed.

BJ seems as though he's the only one prepared to represent democracy and the majority who voted to Leave.

Be honest,all the Remainers have tried to do for over 3 years is stop Brexit.How anti-democratic is that?

43 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Whats undemocratic about it? its been done a number of times so the precedent has been made, democracy is about asking the people to vote on a matter then parliament who are supposed to be better informed are able to deliver a result for what the majority voted for. Its no use saying we did not know or it was not on the ballot paper, they asked us, we voted it was then upto parliament to sort it... Berk(cow) is on another power trip, hanging in there doing this or that to make himself look important, his job is to keep order and be impartial.  Then we have Jo Swinson leader of the Lib-Dems who says even if we have a 2nd referendum an its still a vote to leave we will not accept it! then what, best of 3 or 4 or like the irish keep voting till we get the answer we want is that democracy?

If we ask for another extension what then, the eu said before Boris's election they will not alter the deal offer, Boris is showing the eu what we're about, that the backstop is holding up the deal being accepted, if they want a deal with us then work with us on this problem, if they wont/can't its a no deal...

This parliament voted for article 50 by 498 to 114, a majority of 384, corbyn even imposed a three line whip to make sure his mp's backed the bill.

17 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

This parliament voted for article 50 by 498 to 114, a majority of 384, corbyn even imposed a three line whip to make sure his mp's backed the bill.

Until Article 50 was passed negotiations with the EU could not start, it was then up to parliament to accept any available deal or revoke Article 50. Instead a group of Tory MPs have kicked the can down the road, seized power and now we have chaos.

28 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Can those saying the precedent has already been set please point out where exactly?

He is shutting Parliment down for 5 WEEKS not 4 days as some keep repeating.  There is no modern day precedent for this.

Now I agree with some points of view on here from both sides.  If Parliment were so hell bent on avoiding a no deal they should have voted for May's deal because that's about as good as it gets.  If Parliment are hell bent on not coming out they should propose and vote accordingly but of course who has the nuts to propose a motion going against the referendum.

However, pretending that pushing through with leaving because it's the only way to preserve democracy whilst simultaneously denying that suspending parliment is undemocratic is insane.  In fact I genuinely worry about a couple of you on here because some of you just talk absolute <ovf censored>.  Sage argues a good case and often offers supporting evidence.  I have seen 1 or 2 in the other camp do the same but there are 3 posters on here who are firmly rooted in the brexit at any cost camp who are portraying themselves as complete and utter tossers and I am surprised anybody bothers to engage them because they are either very very stupid or on the wind up.  

Just go and watch any Jacob Rees Mogg interview today, he'll educate you on what is going on and why this is the latest in remainer lies which have one goal and that is to overturn the democratic will of the people.

Parliament was going to be in recess anyway. It shuts down for 3-4 weeks every year in mid september-october for the conference season. This has happened every year for the last 80 years.

This was being asked for by leading labour party members weeks ago. They actually wanted the parliamentary session to end.

I'll spell out why this is a big fuss - A few months ago, bitter remainer media outlets started publishing the lie that Boris Johnson may, should be become PM, close down parliament for months so that it would be unable to stop a no deal brexit.

That has not happened. In fact, Parliament will only miss out on around 4-5 days maximum over what they were scheduled to miss anyway.

But now he has actually prorouged parliament the LIARS have whipped up the previously created frenzy even though he is clearly not doing it to block parliament (if he was, he'd have suspended it from now until October, not from mid-september).

Can we all stop pretending that remainers are happy to compromise with leaving with a deal...They want to remain or they want to "leave" but have all the trimmings of an EU state(= remain).

Can we all stop pretending to care about democracy and the constitution when it has only been me and other brexiters in this thread defending democracy and the constitution for the last 3 years?

No one believes a word any of you say. You say something over and over for 3 years and then drop it and say the opposite in an instant when it suits you. It really is laughable.

Parliament works for us. The Government works for us. We told them we want to leave the EU. We need to leave the EU.

Everything else is a manufactured LIE designed to avoid that outcome. There really is no denying it. The backstop, hard or soft, deal or no deal, prorouging parliament...They're all remainer lies.

And you should be proud by the way, you've become the latest in a long line of remainers on this website who has felt the need to resort to name calling and abuse.

Archived