onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

I stand corrected. Your interpretation is correct. Mine was incorrect. However the overarching point remains that since we've become more aware of the circumstances around the vote and of the consequences, especially of a No Deal, more are coming round to the view that it isn't such a great idea after all, as poll after poll is showing. Isn't it over 2 years ago since any poll showed a majority to leave? 

It's not about replicating what went on over 3 years ago but being better aware of the changing circumstances and being able as mature adults to re-appraise decisions made in the past. 

95fcd51e2b8958cdff9b76a585ffa6048f7409ba            Related image                     Related image

It's funny how all the Cabinet can change their minds but won't allow the electorate to re-think theirs. 

Advert

13 hours ago, geosname said:

Which proves the EU theory....

If you keep asking you eventually get the answer you want.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 14:48, Jacko51 said:

And in the same poll, 52% said they would rather leave with May's deal and not have Corbyn as PM.

It's not suprising really,can he be trusted,who will he be supporting next week?

10 hours ago, TheSage said:

I stand corrected. Your interpretation is correct. Mine was incorrect. However the overarching point remains that since we've become more aware of the circumstances around the vote and of the consequences, especially of a No Deal, more are coming round to the view that it isn't such a great idea after all, as poll after poll is showing. Isn't it over 2 years ago since any poll showed a majority to leave? 

It's not about replicating what went on over 3 years ago but being better aware of the changing circumstances and being able as mature adults to re-appraise decisions made in the past. 

95fcd51e2b8958cdff9b76a585ffa6048f7409ba            Related image                     Related image

It's funny how all the Cabinet can change their minds but won't allow the electorate to re-think theirs. 

We have changed our minds.

We used to think that we needed a deal to make a success of leaving. Now we know that the truth is, a deal would more than likely hold us back.

We're more informed now. We should leave with no deal.

On 22/08/2019 at 22:20, Fosse69 said:

Were plans to dump rubbish from the South into Northern land fill sites  mentioned by Farage and Johnson?

After decades of investment in the south they decide to give the north something?

Isn't it more a case of private business moaning they will have to change their procedures?

We could always nationalise the industry..... give the employees 10% of the shares and a bonus.

6 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

We have changed our minds.

We used to think that we needed a deal to make a success of leaving. Now we know that the truth is, a deal would more than likely hold us back.

We're more informed now. We should leave with no deal.

So you've finally seen the light, "A deal would more than likely hold us back", no-deal would absolutely screw the UK. I knew you'd get there in the end.

The Telegraph is a mouthpiece for deregulation, hedge fund gold diggers, and has become as extreme as the Express and the Mail, Not surprising as it's owned by the multi millionaire Barclay brothers who avoid paying tax in the UK, are in Johnson's fan club, and live in the Channel Islands and Monaco respectively. They have already coined it in by the fall in sterling. It's not an unbiased source.

I think everyone who reads this thread is very worried and anxious about this stupid act of self harm that we are pursuing. ]

There is no solution to the Irish border, so no chlorinated chicken from Mr Trump who wants to buy Greenland (lol) and No deal with the EU who have bent over backwards to accommodate the clown that is Boris Johnson. You cannot square the circle and maintain peace in NI.

You forgot to mention RB that in the Times newspaper today it published a letter by 25 senor ex UK ambassadors saying how appalling a No Deal would be as it would restrict our global influence and harm our foreign policy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/no-deal-brexit-means-abandoning-our-own-interests-ambassadors-warn-sj7v7sz60

Odd how you forgot to mention that.

Day after day after day the signs are clear. No deal is an act of stupidity and would harm the UK.

35 minutes ago, TheSage said:

You forgot to mention RB that in the Times newspaper today it published a letter by 25 senor ex UK ambassadors saying how appalling a No Deal would be as it would restrict our global influence and harm our foreign policy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/no-deal-brexit-means-abandoning-our-own-interests-ambassadors-warn-sj7v7sz60

Odd how you forgot to mention that.

Day after day after day the signs are clear. No deal is an act of stupidity and would harm the UK.

It's a lot of garbage that's why.

I find it odd how you are in support of all of our democratic rights being snatched away.

It is actually disgusting that we are still in the eu and if you had any principles at all you would be far more concerned with that than what some second rate economist has been paid to say. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, next time you could be on the wrong side of a vote which is ignored by our political class. Dont come crying to me. 

Hopefully we are out by November first in a clean brexit and democracy will have prevailed. 

Archived