onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

RB has been hoodwinked by more Johnson lies, fortunately Parliament and the general public are rallying against a disastrous No deal. I reiterate No deal was not an item for discussion during the hustings.  Many Leavers, minus a handful on here, did not expect there leave votes to end up with the UK crashing out without a deal.

Advert

5 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Sorry tommy but it was mentioned a lot in the run up to the campaign by the most influencial people in the country.

We knew what we voted for.

Not only is there a mandate for no deal, it's part of the biggest political mandate this country has ever seen.

Mentioned is the right word but it wasn't debated in  these videos, None of the people in those videos mention or say anything about the consequences of leaving by WTO rules although Cameron does say if the UK votes Leave it faces a decade of uncertainty, 2 years to get out and 7 years to negotiate a trade deal with the EU. How he gets 2 + 7 = 10 I don't know!!!!!

You did not know anything about the consequences  of voting leave.

I've heard a rumour that Boris is withdrawing the defence to the court case that claims the March extension is illegal.

This could possibly mean that all attempts to block brexit will fail as we have already left.

I don't know if this claim is accurate.

8 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Mentioned is the right word but it wasn't debated in  these videos, None of the people in those videos mention or say anything about the consequences of leaving by WTO rules although Cameron does say if the UK votes Leave it faces a decade of uncertainty, 2 years to get out and 7 years to negotiate a trade deal with the EU. How he gets 2 + 7 = 10 I don't know!!!!!

That's not only untrue but it's ridiculous, petty, unevidenced and frankly offensive.

This is what happens time and time again in this thread, the goalposts are moved so quickly that we're not even playing the same sport any more.

The accusation was that no one mentioned WTO rules pre-referendum. I've demonstrated that this is not true, in fact the most powerful people in the country were using it as a threat and a warning to us about the possible consequences of brexit.

We still voted to leave.

Now you want to void the result because it was not debated?

What happens if i post a video of a WTO debate pre-referendum?

What is your new standard then?

As sage as quite rightly pointed out, leaving with a deal was not on the ballot paper. There is as much of a mandate for no deal as there is for deal (and that is the biggest political mandate in UK history).

7 hours ago, geosname said:

I've heard a rumour that Boris is withdrawing the defence to the court case that claims the March extension is illegal.

This could possibly mean that all attempts to block brexit will fail as we have already left.

I don't know if this claim is accurate.

Nothing should surprise us what this bunch of Right wing liars will do to crash out. Always worrying when Mogg goes quiet, but he has got his own way now. Don't blame the EU you cannot expect them to work with us after the anti EU rhetoric coming from Johnson since elected.

10 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Nothing should surprise us what this bunch of Right wing liars will do to crash out. Always worrying when Mogg goes quiet, but he has got his own way now. Don't blame the EU you cannot expect them to work with us after the anti EU rhetoric coming from Johnson since elected.

We voted to leave.

And I can blame the EU all day long. It's a terrible institution and the sooner it collapses the better.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

We voted to leave.

And I can blame the EU all day long. It's a terrible institution and the sooner it collapses the better.

Am happy to leave, but not crash out. I understand why the Mogg, Sykes, Farages of this world want to, it gives them more freedom to do what they want in the Business world. Don't blame the EU we have made a complete mess of exiting.

2 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Am happy to leave, but not crash out. I understand why the Mogg, Sykes, Farages of this world want to, it gives them more freedom to do what they want in the Business world. Don't blame the EU we have made a complete mess of exiting.

You forgot to add the Remainers favourite term,"over a cliff edge".

It's supposed to add that extra bit of fear?😲😲😲

11 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Far too optimistic, Govt projects always take longer than the sum of the parts.

The EU has given you, me and everyone else in the UK, RB, unrivalled economic prosperity and growth, and peace and mutual understanding for the last 50 years. If you like facts, there are two there for you to ponder. Don't take that for granted. If it's so awful why are 450 million people happy to stay in it? Why do Norway and three other countries pay mega bucks to access it? Why do the rest of the world think we're stark, raving mad, Trump and Putin apart? 

Blimey, the other day, there was a bloke on tv saying that he still wanted to leave because he wanted the £350 million a week for the NHS. Complete pack of lies but he still thinks it's true. Another fella said he voted out to keep the 3-pin plug! Someone else on the radio said he didn't like all these EU rules but when asked could not name a single one that we hadn't voted for. Another didn't realise that we can largely control immigration but don't choose to do so.The misunderstanding is staggering. 

The path were are heading down is so stupid that it beggars belief. Airlifting medical supplies? Forking out millions to compensate farmers? Spending on extra officials at the coast to try and cut down delays? It's an utter disgrace. All these billions spent that could have gone on hospitals, schools and the police we are throwing about like confetti to try and mitigate the results of a this brain-dead act of self harm. If it's such a good idea why are we spending billions trying to lessen the impact?

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

The EU has given you, me and everyone else in the UK, RB, unrivalled economic prosperity and growth, and peace and mutual understanding for the last 50 years. If you like facts, there are two there for you to ponder. Don't take that for granted. If it's so awful why are 450 million people happy to stay in it? Why do Norway and three other countries pay mega bucks to access it? Why do the rest of the world think we're stark, raving mad, Trump and Putin apart? 

Blimey, the other day, there was a bloke on tv saying that he still wanted to leave because he wanted the £350 million a week for the NHS. Complete pack of lies but he still thinks it's true. Another fella said he voted out to keep the 3-pin plug! Someone else on the radio said he didn't like all these EU rules but when asked could not name a single one that we hadn't voted for. Another didn't realise that we can largely control immigration but don't choose to do so.The misunderstanding is staggering. 

The path were are heading down is so stupid that it beggars belief. Airlifting medical supplies? Forking out millions to compensate farmers? Spending on extra officials at the coast to try and cut down delays? It's an utter disgrace. All these billions spent that could have gone on hospitals, schools and the police we are throwing about like confetti to try and mitigate the results of a this brain-dead act of self harm. If it's such a good idea why are we spending billions trying to lessen the impact?

Are 450 million people happy to stay in the EU though?

18 countries will definitely be happy to stay in because they all get out more than they pay in.Dont know about the other 10 though who subsidise the rest.

The UK is the third best contributor after Germany and France and the majority of the UK are not happy to stay in the EU,especially when we lose £9 billion per year?

If given a referendum a lot of countries would vote out. People are fed up with the EU and the direction they are going. I was talking to a Swede last weekend who reckons that 70% would vote leave should they be given a referendum. Italians and French would vote to leave and the Spanish and Dutch could vote out if given the chance. The EU are shitting themselves if we have a successful Brexit because we will be the first of many of Western European countries to leave the sinking ship.

10 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

We voted to leave.

I don't think that's far off according to Reuters?

The index of the EU block's big banks plunged last Thursday to the level it was in 2012 at the peak of the euro zone debt crisis.That means the banks are worth now what they were when Greece,Ireland and Portugal needed bailouts.Cyprus ordered it's banks to seize some deposits and Spain's banks were saved from collapse only by a goverment rescue.

I don't suppose us leaving will help much?

Archived