onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

If 1 in 3 are prosecuted then presumably 2 in 3 are not crimes..... it you transfer that ratio into the survey it makes it bloody useless.

I would suggest that a pretty large percentage of young black males from cities would say the police are racist....... I would agree with them

Advert

13 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Of course I'm against all hate crimes and haven't ever defended any. You weren't making that point though, you just inserted a snide comment about NDAs, just like you mentioned Panorama in my Boris Johnson post. Seriously, start a thread about antisemitism or racism in political parties, I'll engage with anyone who wants a serious discussion and I think lots of us could learn something. These glib asides of your (and others) don't achieve anything though.

I was simply stating that the survey is useless and not productive...... for one the numbers are not accurate..... it needs accurate numbers..... they do more damage than concocted figures that detract from the seriousness of the situation.

Convictions for hate crime offences has risen from XXXX in 20?? To XXXXX in 20??..... then expand on the crimes ..... has far more impact than..... people have reported an increase of hate crimes, which includes talking about brexit.

It's a serious problem and people bull**iting the numbers is counter productive and gives the nay sayers an easy exit.

The letter to Lammy wasn't prosecuted and neither were the people who drove my family away from their home and in to temporary accommodation. Both were obviously crimes. The guy in Salford who had 'blacks go home' sprayed on his door only had the case investigated by the police after an outcry on social media. The <ovf censored> who did it was subsequently arrested and convicted . My examples are just a tiny example of the racism faced by BAME people every day and it's something that the likes of you and I can't ever fully appreciate.

9 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

The letter to Lammy wasn't prosecuted and neither were the people who drove my family away from their home and in to temporary accommodation. Both were obviously crimes. The guy in Salford who had 'blacks go home' sprayed on his door only had the case investigated by the police after an outcry on social media. The <ovf censored> who did it was subsequently arrested and convicted . My examples are just a tiny example of the racism faced by BAME people every day and it's something that the likes of you and I can't ever fully appreciate.

Living in a foreign country I appreciate racism more than you seem to think.

Racism is not confined to whites or westerners.  I am a foreigner...... I see it and live it first hand.

To give you a very silly example..... if I go to a market the price goes up..... usually about 50%

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Fair enough, I forgot you were overseas. Does the anti-white racism you experience to all facets of your life? If you were to go for a job would preference be given to 'locals'/ would your pay be less? Not trying to make a point here, just interested.

It impacts everywhere...... can't get a job, to old and no work visa. If I could it would depend on the job, a natural English speaker would get preferential treatment to teach English etc.

Thai law favours Thais...... a foreignerbringing a case against a Thai is almost certain to lose, many cases to back this up.

Again as an example...... foreigner .... farang.... can not buy land.

An English guy married a Thai girl, bought a house a car and a bar..... all in his wife's name..... she died..... her family inhereted everything including what he left in the joint bank account.... I could go on.

The answer to the market problem is simple...... I walk past and touch what I want to buy...... my wife follows behind and barters the original (normal) price down by 10%.

Some kids go screaming when they see me in the supermarket..... others laugh or mock or make comments my wife won't translate...... I've been accused of stealing Thai women, I've been married, this time, for 14 years.... I get pulled over by the police more..... I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture.... and I'm circumcised.... hey ho.

5 minutes ago, geosname said:

Some kids go screaming when they see me in the supermarket..... others laugh or mock or make comments my wife won't translate......

Do they read your posts on here?

Seriously, that's rubbish and I apologise for stating that you couldn't understand what it was like to experience racism. However, the point still stands for the vast majority of us in this thread.

And as for being circumcised, you're not one of them, are you?

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Do they read your posts on here?

Seriously, that's rubbish and I apologise for stating that you couldn't understand what it was like to experience racism. However, the point still stands for the vast majority of us in this thread.

And as for being circumcised, you're not one of them, are you?

The only football clubs outside of thailand are the usual....man u..... man city..... Liverpool.... Chelsea etc..... so no they don't read my posts..... I hope.

I agree... it's difficult to comprehend unless you have lived with it.

I have no religion, it doesn't mean I wasn't born with one..... if by "one of them" you mean a well hung stud...... I'm afraid not. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Further point Geo, do Thais have a vote? What is their parliamentary system ?

Brief outline.....

There was a vote to change the constitution...... no public debate was allowed.... dissent was frowned upon and punished.

It's a two chamber system, similar to ours, the army have taken a majority of the upper house.... as per the constitution..... everything has to go through the upper house to get passed.

Party leaders and parties have been banned and or prosecuted..... votes have probably been rigged.

Local town/village elections are decided by vote..... the canvassing goes as follows..... I represent the X party, here is 200bht, vote for me.

A cynic would say that was rigged.

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

Brief outline.....

There was a vote to change the constitution...... no public debate was allowed.... dissent was frowned upon and punished.

It's a two chamber system, similar to ours, the army have taken a majority of the upper house.... as per the constitution..... everything has to go through the upper house to get passed.

Party leaders and parties have been banned and or prosecuted..... votes have probably been rigged.

Local town/village elections are decided by vote..... the canvassing goes as follows..... I represent the X party, here is 200bht, vote for me.

A cynic would say that was rigged.

Thanks that's fine. I know they are proud of never been conquered by Europeans.

I’m off to Thailand in 8 days for  3 weeks. Flying to Phuket where we are staying in Patong for a few nights and Kata for the last week but not booked anywhere else yet. Can you recommend anywhere Geo, not looking to travel too far and was thinking of Koh Sai Noi and Ko Lanta?

Archived