onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Depends what you mean. Nearly half of all candidates for the recent Euro elections were women, but there was a distinct lack of BME or disabled candidates, largely because the criteria that gave them priority were defeated by a white male grouping opposed to any form of ethnic filtering and who threatened to use the law to change the policy.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahalothman/lib-dems-diversity-targets-scrapped-white-men

Could do better.

Sounds as though the Lib,Dems need to be investigated by Panorama?

Did you watch the Dispatches programme on Monday, FUA? You seem so keen to cram a reference to Panorama in to all your posts, thought it might do you good to widen your frame of reference. Here, I'll even provide you with a link to make it easy for you.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/on-demand/70261-001

"Contains Islamophobic comments which some viewers may find offensive" although, of course, hardly anyone is racist anymore.

7 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

He won't accept that as evidence, as it goes against his whole ethos of denying racism and stating that hardly anyone is racist nowadays. 

I've never denied racism and hardly anyone is racist nowadays. Both factual statements and I know you have zero evidence on the contrary.

7 hours ago, Heatwave said:

They asked 1,000 people if they'd been a victim of a hate crime? Not exactly reliable.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/748598/hate-crime-1718-hosb2018.pdf

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-corbyn-cherry-picks-hate-crime-stats

The most accurate data you can find tells us that hate crimes have decreased by 40% in real terms over the past 10 years.

The actual "numbers" of hate crimes going up which is what many untruthful politicians quote (Lammy/Corbyn etc) are due to improvements in recording hate crimes by police, and not due to an increase in crimes being committed.

The CSEW also shows that hate crimes are far more likely to be reported on average than all other types of crime (as a combined average). It's all there in the government link I've provided.

3 hours ago, geosname said:

I think positive discrimination is a bad thing.

All discrimination is a bad thing. "Positive" discrimination is not positive for the people who are discriminated against and nor is it positive in the long term for the minorities who are (short term) benefitting from it.

The best people for jobs should get the jobs.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Did you watch the Dispatches programme on Monday, FUA? You seem so keen to cram a reference to Panorama in to all your posts, thought it might do you good to widen your frame of reference. Here, I'll even provide you with a link to make it easy for you.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/on-demand/70261-001

"Contains Islamophobic comments which some viewers may find offensive" although, of course, hardly anyone is racist anymore.

Sorry but this is pure "whataboutery" and is off topic, you should start another thread...

...And no, I am not being serious as I would never use the word whataboutery in a serious manner 😂

Although to be fair, I watched a brilliant and insightful program on BBC this week which has made me wonder that we might have a very serious and increasing problem with racism in certain intolerant and bigotted sections of our society.

I think it was on, on Wednesday at around 21:00.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Although to be fair, I watched a brilliant and insightful program on BBC this week which has made me wonder that we might have a very serious and increasing problem with racism in certain intolerant and bigotted sections of our society.

I think it was on, on Wednesday at around 21:00.

Question asked this morning," How do you know someone critical of Israel is using it as a cover for Jewish hatred?" Was that discussed this week ?

12 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Listening to (or reading) RB reminds me of something my mother said many years ago - we were talking about Rhodesia (as it then was) and I mentioned Ian Smith. 'Oh him' she said. 'If you said black he'd say white'.

You've posted a dodgy survey of 1,000 people and I've posted a CSEW survey which blows it out of the water.

I've posted ONS stats for Mr H about the number of hate crimes which shows them to be miniscule and yet he constantly tries to take the piss out of me for (factually) saying that there are next to no racists in this country. Although to be fair he probably sees a lot more day to racism as a labour supporter.

I'm thankful we're so tolerant on the right. I'd hate to live in that world.

Is that survey in the guardian supposed to be taken seriously?

Commenting about immigration is racist?....... seriously?

I would suggest that the only accurate indicator of increased hate crime is the number of successful prosecutions.

Reporting what you think is a crime does not make it a crime, it may well be given a crime number or identifier  because a report has been made but that doesn't make it a crime.

Saying something someone doesn't like is not a crime... there is no crime of "hurt feelings".

People overuse the word hate, it's been devalued. Do you really hate marmite? or sprouts?

A phobia is an irrational fear... who's rational is used to decide it's irrational? ... I would suggest most people have a phobia.... insects, butterflies, enclosed spaces, open spaces..... you name it someone has a phobia.... is that a crime? ... should that be a crime?

6 hours ago, geosname said:

Is that survey in the guardian supposed to be taken seriously?

Commenting about immigration is racist?....... seriously?

I would suggest that the only accurate indicator of increased hate crime is the number of successful prosecutions.

Reporting what you think is a crime does not make it a crime, it may well be given a crime number or identifier  because a report has been made but that doesn't make it a crime.

Saying something someone doesn't like is not a crime... there is no crime of "hurt feelings".

People overuse the word hate, it's been devalued. Do you really hate marmite? or sprouts?

A phobia is an irrational fear... who's rational is used to decide it's irrational? ... I would suggest most people have a phobia.... insects, butterflies, enclosed spaces, open spaces..... you name it someone has a phobia.... is that a crime? ... should that be a crime?

Got it in a nutshell geo.

Maybe you should tell all that to people like David Lammy who received this

spacer.png

or the guy in Salford who had 'no blacks' sprayed on the door f the house he shares with his young son, or the family I work with who were hounded out of their home by people shouting racist abuse through their letterbox.

What the he'll has that got to do with the survey?

Or have you signed a none disclosure agreement?

No one is saying it doesn't exist...... the survey is useless...... it states reported crime not actual crime.... which is what someone thinks is a crime.

Were the people who perpetrated the crimes you highlight prosecuted?

1/3 cases resulted in a prosecution. The purpose of my comment is to point out that racism is alive and well. You can include antisemitism in that as I'm sure you're absolutely <ovf censored> gagging to. Most of the people on here know nothing about the day-to-day lives of black people, of the ongoing and pernicious bigotry they constantly face. You can pooh pooh surveys all you like but as long as people continue to downplay what is going on, it will continue. The saying goes 'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'; maybe they should add 'and for tossers to deny or excuse it'.

Or have you signed a none disclosure agreement?

Oh <ovf censored> grow up.

It isn't helpful to throw around crap statistics..... just hit it with real numbers.

Any race or religion is liable to attack from bigots and prejudiced minds.... I thought, being reasonable, you would attack any race/religious hate, no matter where it came from or who the perpetrators are..... seemingly not.... I'm not gagging to say anything about antisemitism.... I don't need to, it's a hate crime isn't it?.... that's what we are discussing isn't it?...... aren't you against hate crimes?.... I certainly am..... or are you selective?

Of course I'm against all hate crimes and haven't ever defended any. You weren't making that point though, you just inserted a snide comment about NDAs, just like you mentioned Panorama in my Boris Johnson post. Seriously, start a thread about antisemitism or racism in political parties, I'll engage with anyone who wants a serious discussion and I think lots of us could learn something. These glib asides of your (and others) don't achieve anything though.

Archived